"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited April 2011 Posts: 7,567
    Quoting j7wild:
    My wife and I just got home from the Lady Gaga concert!

She is Awesome!!
    Who is? Lady GaGa or your wife?

Careful how you answer.

GArdening for me, and on Saturday night a birthday party with a Spanish theme. Ole
    I'll be offline until 26April after today peeps..
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Quoting barryt007:
    I'll be offline until 26April after today peeps..
    Wherever you will be barry have a great time. Look forward to your return. :)
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    It's off to the licence bureau to get the paperwork for my first car sorted out (and the expense of the licence plates... OUCH X_X ) then it's back to studying until Sunday. Sunday it's dinner with mom for her birthday, then off to Boston Sunday night and back Monday night.

Going to be slightly hectic. \:D/
    I'll be watching Scream 4. Anyone else?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting Bartleby:
    I'll be watching Scream 4. Anyone else?
    I'll give it a watch at some point too. Maybe not this weekend though. Good to hear it's an improvement over the last film, though still not up to the standard set by the first two. Let's hope it's just the launchpad for the two films that'll follow.

Scream is still the best horror franchise of all though. Craven truely is the master of horror. B-)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    will try to go see the movie HANNA, I hear it's good!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Blogging, footie watching (on the box, that is) and maybe some novel-writing - if ever I get my posterior in gear and actually get on with the latter again, that is.

No booze or going out for Georgey Boy this weekend - my wallet and liver are both preparing for a potentially heavy week to come in that vein... ;)
    Just saw Scream 4, not as good as the first two, but better than 3! If you are a fan of the franchise, you will likely not be disappointed.

For me:

7/10
    I'll be eating chocolate - and lots of it.

What will you be doing?
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended

This is the time of the year for Crawfish!!

I love to eat them!!

Especially when they are boiled with onions, sausage, whole mushrooms, new potatoes, corn on the cob in a spicy liquid and then served over a newspaper covered table while still HOT !!

The best part of it is sucking out the liquid out of the Crawfish's heads!!

How To Eat Crawfish:

Crawfish are eaten with your hands (don't ask for utensils; you will only be laughed at). Don't be intimidated by that big pile of cooked crawfish.

With one hand, grasp the crawfish head. Grasp the tail with your other hand. Gently squeeze the tail end of the body close to where it joins the head. Hold the head steady and gently twist the tail end, still applying pressure. The meaty end will twist out of the head.

Put the head aside for the moment. Slide a finger or thumb under the first few segments at the top of the tail and peel away the top partially expose part of the tail. With the shell still partially intact, bring the tail meat to your mouth and sink your teeth into the exposed meat. Chomp down on it, and it will pop into your mouth as you leave the tail behind.

The part that shows if you are a true Cajun or not is if you eat the head. Take the head and suck the hot, spicy juices out of it.

http://img217.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=02383_Crawfish_Boil_122_480lo.jpg

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=02390_CrawfishMiniBoil_002_122_836lo.jpg
  • Gotta drop the wife off to a 10k race she's doing tomorrow- doesn't start til lunchtime, but it's a two hour drive away..... then gotta cane it back for my Brother in Laws birthday BBQ....

At least Sunday should be my own.....
    I'll be eating chocolate - and lots of it.

What will you be doing?
    Is that a rowers protein diet Fae?

I will be watching Stanley Cup hockey and maybe some baseball too this weekend. Very exciting. If I can get off the couch I might attempt the first jog of the year, now that the good weather has settled in. That should be quite the sight. Takes a few runs to get the chassis limbered up and internal organs pumping.

Eating Chips and a Doner Kebab with extra chili sauce
    I'm going to see the man...the legend...Mr John Cleese in Oxford this evening. Maybe he'll comment on his Bond experiences :)
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    I have an English classes so you may all know it . :-ss
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BAIN123, how was meeting Mr. Cleese?

As for me, I'm going to a friend's place for the weekend. Some swimming, tanning, cigarettes, movies, and a lot of relaxation before I return to college early next week for RA training. Should be fun.
  • I'm working from home - which means I'm broke:

My old lady is away for the week on business so I've got the place to my self with not much to do. I'll probably kick back, grab a cold beer and watch a few movies. Maybe even a Bond? Any suggestions? Speaking of which...

Does the "Recommend a Bond Film" thread exist on this new site?

Cheers to all. Have a great weekend!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,372
    @JBFan626, I thought it was. Maybe it got buried with other topics? Could have swore I saw something about it a while back. Either way, I wish it was. Would love to have that around.

Anyway, who's your favorite Bond? I'll recommend something for ya.

EDIT: Made a topic for it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @forgotmyusername that video is absolute brilliance. I am just now wiping away laughter tears. :-))
    In the words of the London rioters :

We wantz to know wot ya doin this weekend like innit ?
    I'm aksking nicely man so,char guy.....doin anyfink good ?

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Meeting with my friend and best man who is coming to see me from NYC. Cannot wait. Bit of Texas Hold 'em on the cards (poor, very poor pun)
    Have a great weekend y'all.
    Friends...Romans...countrymen...and MI6'ers...lend us your weekend plans !!
    Maybe some karaoke this evening, beer drinking/ sauna evening tomorrow, movie on Sunday. Yeah, that's about all I'm going to do this weekend and iz all nice.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    This weekend I will be mainly watching Chu Mi on video loop whilst drinking beer and eating doritos :-)...b[[ger the wife just got back, looks like i'm food shopping and watching Glee! boooo. :-((
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I should do some writing this weekend... blogging, but fiction-writing too. Man, I really need to do some of that...!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,882
    I'm going to be doing something truely manly. Building a DVD shelf. And i'm not even going to use the instructions, so there. Maybe afterwards, i'll head off into the jungle and rescue some POW's.

Yeah, I don't want a wonky shelf, so maybe I will take a peek as the instructions afterall.
    Is it a bird ?

Is it a plane ?

No.....it's the weekend...and the summer bank holiday in GB as well.

So tell the Daily Planet (MI6) what you are up to ...
  • Eating fish and chips and looking fwd to the f1 on Sunday.