SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Lol you all need to go to the opticians.

Because that last screenshot looks like CGI? But it does. If it's not, great, but it really looks CG'd to me, and others have agreed.
    Havent we seen during production, that they did it for real?
  • For those concerned with Silva's name missing from the memorial wall:
    Shouldn't Judi Dench's M's name be on the memorial wall?
  • For those concerned with Silva's name missing from the memorial wall:

Why would they put her name in there if the building is half destroyed and not being used?
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 591
    For those concerned with Silva's name missing from the memorial wall:

Why would they put her name in there if the building is half destroyed and not being used? Also, going back to that whole memorial thing, I didn't call this by the way, it was @JamesBondRadio in the link they posted above. If you look carefully in the second column they have the same name (Jonathan Hall) twice and the second version of the name looks blurry almost as if it's been Photoshopped.

19728837988_73bbbe1c50_o.png

There's actually no reason why they'd do this but why would they have just one name repeated twice?

• EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    when i first watch the trailer i revised all the memorial wall names looking for "Ronson"
    Can I ask something? How....would you otherwise film a scene where Bond is zooming in on a man actually moving in that particular Mexican apartment....and then after he shoots a huge bomb explosion occurs. Just look at the frame, and how it is filmed. You actually NEED CGI for that, as Bond stays in the frame.

Personally, I think such gripping terrorist attack scenes were not really possible pre-Brosnan. Thank GOD we have CGI for that....

The shot in SF when M sees the MI6 building blast behind her is the model they should have been using for this stylistically. That shot was damned near perfect, the miniature was nested into the background plate in a way that totally had me baffled, from the first trailer view onward. Steve Begg is also doing this one, so I'm thinking maybe this Mexico fire blast is a temp element, because the feel of this for me is almost like a modern version of the old Universal explosion, a full-frame blast (probably from HINDENBERG) they put into several films in the 70s.

Begg really LIKES using physical elements like miniature when appropriate, especially for pyro events, since you get all the happy accidents. Difference between now and pre-digital era is that you can erase the unhappy accidents (which is what makes shooting model ships in water ok now, since you can paint out the out-of-scale droplets.)

Haven't found out if I'm writing about this yet or not, but if I do I'll try to talk to Begg again, he's a fun interview, I talked to him about SKYFALL and about TOMB RAIDER.

LOL :P

But this guy is from James Bond Radio. And this Aussie is usually very low-key and nuanced. This time...NOT:

But this guy is from James Bond Radio. And this Aussie is usually very low-key and nuanced. This time...NOT:

How I love true Bond fans' reactions to the trailer. Calvin Dyson's YouTube page is a monthly visit for me. So appreciate his love for the character and everything about the character. Any opinion or comment he has on Bond is one that I would appreciate, respect and trust.
    Similarly, this guy's reaction to the trailer was so authentic, added to which he is an avid Bond fan. I think he said four phrases during this 3 min clip. They were:
    1. Majesty's (about three bars into the music cue)
    2. White tuxedo
    3. The Jacket (Blofeld's)
    4. Fu#*!!! (repeatedly)

i loved it!

How I love true Bond fans' reactions to the trailer. Calvin Dyson's YouTube page is a monthly visit for me. So appreciate his love for the character and everything about the character. Any opinion or comment he has on Bond is one that I would appreciate, respect and trust.
    Similarly, this guy's reaction to the trailer was so authentic, added to which he is an avid Bond fan. I think he said four phrases during this 3 min clip. They were:
    1. Majesty's (about three bars into the music cue)
    2. White tuxedo
    3. The Jacket (Blofeld's)
    4. Fu#*!!! (repeatedly)

i loved it!
    Oh my farking GOD that trailer was amazing!! I haven't posted here in ages but this prompted me to come back just to add my immense approval of this excellent trailer.

The OHMSS music, WOW!!!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Regarding the memorial wall: Who's to say that is the only one? It seems to me that many more names would be memorialized. Like three or four walls. This is a non-issue.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It'd be cool to see Bond scrape off Silva's name himself.
    Don't see how it's not possible that it was removed after M passed and was replaced with another in the same spot?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,416
    Calvin already spoiled something i wish he don't say, i try to skip it before he said it but i whas to late. Some people like him and Graves on this forum need a lessen in spoiler free posting when are a bit to exited. This also include carefull qoute like removing img tags when you qoute. Qoute 3 times same two video's on same page is bit to much. So it not only mean it for spoilers.
  • M_Balje wrote: »
    Calvin already spoiled something i wish he don't say, i try to skip it before he said it but i whas to late. Some people like him and Graves on this forum need a lessen in spoiler free posting when are a bit to exited. This also include carefull qoute like removing img tags when you qoute. Qoute 3 times same two video's on same page is bit to much. So it not only mean it for spoilers.

Agreed. Place is getting dangerous just about anywhere you go. I told myself I wouldn't enter any SPECTRE-related threads whatsoever pre-release, but I happened into—could be wrong, but I think it was—the SPECTRE music thread the other day and came upon a clear spoiler mentioned in such a casual way whoever posted it must have quite ignorantly assumed it was common knowledge. I may have to sequester myself to the elimination games and off-topic threads again.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm sorry if this offends anyone. But trailer reaction videos are not my cup of tea. Therefore, I don't watch them. I don't need some random stranger telling me their thoughts on a trailer.
    I am aware that some of them mention far to many spoilers than some people would care to know. So I would suggest, that if like me you don't want to know the entire plot of SP before you see it. Avoid trailer reaction videos.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/12643/spectre-trailer-reactions-more

From now on, I would ask that any reaction posts, please be added to this dedicated thread as linked above.
    Thanks.

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    I thought someone said that the names in the MI6 wall were the names of people who've worked on Bond films.
    I thought someone said that the names in the MI6 wall were the names of people who've worked on Bond films.
    Sark wrote: »

Yep, I've read too that the names are those from members of the art department who created the prop as a kind of signature / in joke

Which would make the people arguing over whether M had time to strike Silva's name from the wall amusing.
  • It says Emma Pill. A nod to "The Avengers" and Diana Rigg?
    It says Emma Pill. A nod to "The Avengers" and Diana Rigg?

They are crew. She is the Location Manager for the film.
  • Yeah I just googled her after I wrote the comment... Bugger...
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Just a thought, but shouldn't Bond's name also be on the wall already? I mean, he was officially dead for a while there.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Those names are not supposed to be read by the audience. Only people like those that post here bother to freeze the frame and actually do that.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    11792056_518318824988546_3414053895257200011_o.jpg

I only just noticed this, but it appears Bond is wearing the Spectre ring on his finger in this image. I don't know why, but I always imagined that he'd pull it out of his pocket and not off his finger when he puts it on the chess board.
  • RC7RC7
    Red_Snow wrote: »

I only just noticed this, but it appears Bond is wearing the Spectre ring on his finger in this image. I don't know why, but I always imagined that he'd pull it out of his pocket and not off his finger when he puts it on the chess board.

Can't see any ring there, but that is a great, great shot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looks like white loses, even with all those pieces.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    RC7 wrote: »

If you expand the picture you can see a loop around his third finger.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

If you expand the picture you can see a loop around his third finger.

Are you a hawk that's learnt how to type?