SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Apparently no Newman music in the trailer:

The Pfeiffer Bros did the last campaigns, by the way...

CKge89eWwAAiTfx.jpg
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Apparently no Newman music in the trailer:

The Pfeiffer Bros did the last campaigns, by the way...

CKge89eWwAAiTfx.jpg

Oh so it was Pfeifer after all! Cool cool:)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Hasn't Pfeifer composed the trailer music for several Bond trailers? I want to say even GE.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Hmm, just realizing that the opening "thud-thud" notes are similar to those used in the first QOS trailer. Same people putting this trailer together? Listen to 00:13 on SPECTRE and 00:55 in this :

In all honesty, rewatching that qos-trailer again kind of made me disappointed back in 2008. Despite that car chase, everything else felt like a revenge film. And while it's full of action, it doesn't have any wonderful memorable signature stunts, like a helicopter barrel roll, a chase in the snow, or a much better edited car chase.

By comparison, the spectre-trailer looks 10 times better and way way more satisfying.

Agree. QoS didn't have the stunts, but it has my favorite fight sequence: Bond vs Slate. (I love the fact that Bond wastes a trained assassin in thirty seconds. It's such a badass moment.) The Bond-Mitchell chase, ending in scaffolding is pretty good, too.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hasn't Pfeifer composed the trailer music for several Bond trailers? I want to say even GE.

Just the Craig ones - GE and the other Brosnans were Parodi Fair

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not since CR have I been so excited thanks to the trailer. So great job!
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Hmm, just realizing that the opening "thud-thud" notes are similar to those used in the first QOS trailer. Same people putting this trailer together? Listen to 00:13 on SPECTRE and 00:55 in this :

In all honesty, rewatching that qos-trailer again kind of made me disappointed back in 2008. Despite that car chase, everything else felt like a revenge film. And while it's full of action, it doesn't have any wonderful memorable signature stunts, like a helicopter barrel roll, a chase in the snow, or a much better edited car chase.

By comparison, the spectre-trailer looks 10 times better and way way more satisfying.
    No way, QoS is the best odd Bond film ever, with lots of memorable scenes, action and otherwise. Ugh, wrong discussion, excuse moi :\">.
    I've been waiting to see the new trailer on the big screen first and struck out. It wasn't with Pixels and I got the first teaser with Southpaw. Maybe it will be with the new Mission: Impossible?
    JET007 wrote: »
    I've been waiting to see the new trailer on the big screen first and struck out. It wasn't with Pixels and I got the first teaser with Southpaw. Maybe it will be with the new Mission: Impossible?

Should be. It wasn't sent to cinemas last week.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    antovolk wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Just the Craig ones - GE and the other Brosnans were Parodi Fair

Okay thanks

antovolk wrote: »

Should be. It wasn't sent to cinemas last week.

Thank you, sir!
    And it's confirmed, the new trailer should play in cinemas with MI5
    http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/Trailers_by_Deluxe-_WK_31_US.pdf
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A thought occurred to me today. As I read the comments regarding OHMSS in the Then and Now thread, and recalled my own thoughts on Majesty's. Obviously the OHMSS theme is played during the Spectre trailer, suggesting possibly a similar story, but at the least putting the thought of Majesty's in the heads of fans. As this is one of the most beloved of all the Bond films, if Spectre doesn't deliver will fans be left very disappointed?
    Are EON potentially building the film up by using the OHMSS theme? Or am I thinking to much into it?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited July 2015 Posts: 4,312
    If SP does not deliver (unlikely), fans will not care whether the OHMSS theme was in the trailer or not. But having it in was the greatest surprise (and joy) for me. Jeff Pfeifer (who wrote/produced the music for the trailer) must have been instructed by Mendes to use it for the snow scenes. This shows that Mendes or EON are aware that it is a fan favorite and has been neglected so far. I imagine that Newman will incorporate it for the Austria scenes.
    zebrafish wrote: »
    If SP does not deliver (unlikely), fans will not care whether the OHMSS theme was in the trailer or not. But having it in was the greatest surprise (and joy) for me. Jeff Pfeifer (who wrote/produced the music for the trailer) must have been instructed by Mendes to use it for the snow scenes. This shows that Mendes or EON are aware that it is a fan favorite and has been neglected so far. I imagine that Newman will incorporate it for the Austria scenes.

I really think we have to thank the producers for that as well. It's not as if Jeff Pfeifer came up with this music all by himself. Barbara and Michael are damn well aware of what fans want. And I think they are channelling that way more as compared to previous three Bond films. I mean, just look at all orgasms on YouTube happening with Bond fans :-P. So it's nice to see that Barbara and Michael in a way....are quite nerdy too.
    When you think of all of the sound tracks they could have used (or none at all) its either a co-incidence or its a real confirmation of some form of link. I would like to know from fans with better knowledge than me, is there a precedent for using the theme from a previous movie to promote a future movie?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    patb wrote: »
    When you think of all of the sound tracks they could have used (or none at all) its either a co-incidence or its a real confirmation of some form of link. I would like to know from fans with better knowledge than me, is there a precedent for using the theme from a previous movie to promote a future movie?

They've done it before, in the ollllldd movies, as far as I know they haven't done it for a while
  • RC7RC7

I think it was done for the fans, but also to foreshadow some narrative similarities as a bit of tease. I don't see it being incorporated into the film itself. I also don't like the idea. It's like having the GF DB5 last time. Just be confident in what you've created and don't use the safety net of nostalgia.
    The reinterpretation of a musical theme that was used in a previous movie is less of a problem than the constant re-appearance of the DB5 (it is more than 50 years old and even in the Bond universe would be rather precious), especially if we are talking about a tune that is 46 years old and has not lost any of its epic awesomeness.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I agree with @RC7 however, I'd venture to say a bit of nostalgia is fine but when it's relied upon heavily or when you utilise iconic elements of nostalgia that's when there's a problem and is a huge no-no. Using the OHMSS theme in the trailer is fine but ut should under any circumstance not appear in the actual movie. Imagine if Arnold used a sombre version of the GF theme when we discover Fields covered in oil. Fans would end up splitting their wigs and they already lost it with Fields homaging Jill anyway. This isn't like the Bond or 007 theme which has tge flexibility to be used in any Bond movie.
    OK, I see your point. What I wish for SP then is to have the "007 theme" used to full effect.
    OK, I see your point. What I wish for SP then is to have the "007 theme" used to full effect.

I second that! I think I might burst into tears if I hear the 007 theme in this movie.

I've been waiting for the 007 Theme to make a comeback, too. I'm surprised Arnold never really used it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Is there some sort of remix or updated version of the 007 theme out there on the interwebs?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Isn't there a rights issue with the 007 theme?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This comment from a YouTube post says it perfectly.

" Looks pretty much perfect, molds classic Bond with contemporary Bond effortlessly"
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I've been waiting for the 007 Theme to make a comeback, too. I'm surprised Arnold never really used it.
    He said he wished he could, but:
    w2bond wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

I think it was done for the fans, but also to foreshadow some narrative similarities as a bit of tease. I don't see it being incorporated into the film itself. I also don't like the idea. It's like having the GF DB5 last time. Just be confident in what you've created and don't use the safety net of nostalgia.

The OHMSS theme worked for me anyway. I am all for hearing it again if it fits SP. I love a good dose of nostalgia, but balanced. And I love when nostalgia is varied. I would rather see the briefcase of FRWL (tweaked and modernized of course) than the DB5, for instance.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »

The OHMSS theme worked for me anyway. I am all for hearing it again if it fits SP. I love a good dose of nostalgia, but balanced. And I love when nostalgia is varied. I would rather see the briefcase of FRWL (tweaked and modernized of course) than the DB5, for instance.

It's fine in the trailer, but I think it should remain there.
    w2bond wrote: »

No rights issue, as David Arnold explained in this interview (from universalexports.net):

Have you thought about reviving John Barry's famed "007" theme for inclusion in a future Bond film score?
    David Arnold: I have thought about it and if it is right I will do it, but its quite a presence in any Bond film and it has a particular kind of heroism about it which isn’t always appropriate. It certainly wouldn’t work in CR, as to me it gives the sense of whatever happens, Bond will prevail, and although we know this is ultimately what will happen, in CR the drama is much more believable and you never really know whether he will succeed or nor, in fact there are moments when he doesn’t.