SPECTRE Trailer/TV Spot Thread - NEW TV Spots Page 117 - Final Trailer Page 106

Comments

• edited August 2015 Posts: 3,168
    trevanian wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Actually, you just need to watch the film for that.

I have no idea where this strange notion came from that QoS doesn´t have a lot of great stunts.

Well, because they were so badly filmed and edited
    QoS isn't "badly" edited. It was a creative decision (unfortunately) to go for the same style as the last Bourne movie, which also were made in a shaky cam/blink and you missed it style.

When you use 'also' and shaky cam, you are going WAY off-target.
    Didn't I just write "/", meaning either the one (shaky cam) and/or the other (many short cuts lasting no longer than a second) ?

I found the action hard to follow, both in Bourne 2 and 3 and QoS, because of this. That's enough clarification?
    The whole cheat-deal with the Bourne films (from what little I've seen; I dozed through the first one and have only seen bits of the Greengrass ones
    The 1st one is nicely lensed, and does not have any shaky cam/intensive 1-sec cuts.
    As far as I know, the '/' is an 'and' but I'll take your word for intention, no prob.
    It's funny, I had forgotten this, but now I flashed on the fact I interviewed the DP who shot the first BOURNE movie about it, and he was doing his dishes during the phone interview. He gave me almost nothing at all, was probably the least informative interview I've ever gotten in 25 years, and then when we tried to get the director on the phone, Liman told us (this was for AMERICAN CINEMATOGRAPHER too!) he didn't want to talk about his work on the film. I think that non-article helped kill me at the mag, cuz except for SIGNS and the first PIRATES movie, I haven't written anything for them since.
  • chipsticks wrote: »
    doesn't sound like Léa at all :-q
    It sounds like Lea Neutral Seydoux IMO. When she shouts it's weird, but when she talks you can recognize her far more I think.

it sounds like her in the sequence on the train.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Its strange that a French actress wouldn't dub her own voice in French in an English language film.

Maybe she can't do it.
    The dubbing-job is very hard.

By the way: Arnold Schwarzenegger never dubbed himself in german. And there are some other actors that wouldn't do their own voice in their mother language.

Mostly it's because they sound like shit when they can't do it right.

Diane Kruger for example voices all her english charakters in german, but does it in a really bad way.

i think Jodie Foster always dubs herself in French. Even though she isn't french!

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    chipsticks wrote: »
    It sounds like Lea Neutral Seydoux IMO. When she shouts it's weird, but when she talks you can recognize her far more I think.

Its strange that a French actress wouldn't dub her own voice in French in an English language film.

Maybe she can't do it.

By the way: Arnold Schwarzenegger never dubbed himself in german. And there are some other actors that wouldn't do their own voice in their mother language.

Diane Kruger for example voices all her english charakters in german, but does it in a really bad way.

i think Jodie Foster always dubs herself in French. Even though she isn't french!

Jodie Foster as Bond Girl:

60130658?size=220x124
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    I wish we could get QOS , the same movie&story with different editing.. Im saying that because After watching it so many times I do like it more now .. Even Craig looks super "BOND"?..
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited August 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Birdleson wrote: »
    He gave me almost nothing at all, was probably the least informative interview I've ever gotten in 25 years,

Makes sense, as the Bourne films were completely forgettable.

Agreed. The Sharkey can in QS as distracting as it was was never as bad as the Bourne films. Its so disruptive I can't even watch it.

Bourne despite being an American production more or less with a British director is just too anti-American for me.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited August 2015 Posts: 3,157

Maybe she can't do it.

Daniela Bianchi, Adolfo Celi and Gabriele Ferzetti didn't dub themselves either in FRWL, TB, and OHMSS.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Interesting that over here, where the level of spoken English is much lower than Europe, most Western movies are subtitled and not dubbed.
    The whole cheat-deal with the Bourne films (from what little I've seen; I dozed through the first one and have only seen bits of the Greengrass ones, which seems to employ shakeycam as excessively as JJ Abrams misuses len flares) is that they don't achieve any actual action to completion on the set, so they HAVE to do the overcutting to give the impression of an action (sort of a total reverse from THE MATRIX.) I remember the first BOURNE having a sequence where he freeclimbs a building wall, and it is entirely achieved editorially (and it was not much of an achievement IMO.)
    The only cheating that was done on Bourne 2 and 3 was that people were constantly told how realistic the films would look, when in reality no vision shakes when the viewer is running. The rest is stylistic decision, some like it, some (or more) don´t. I find I got used to it and can enjoy it for what it is, even though I find Bourne2/3 a bit shallow in content.
    As for the action, there´s a making-of feature on the Bourne3 disc where you see in detail how Damon/his stunt double does chase scenes on top of buildings in Tangiers. They had elaborate wire constructions for the camera to follow the action smoothly, pretty much as in LOTR. In the film, you don´t see any of that. In fact, if you freeze-frame Bourne 2 or 3, during many action scenes you don´t see details, much is blurred, things/fighters are only partly on the frame, the action mostly happens in the imagination of the viewer. Now it is simply impossible to shoot with the camera gliding smoothly along on wires and then having only shaky images, as long as you don´t intend to do so from the outset. Wether or not this makes sense is another matter.
    QoS was clearly inspired in its visual style by Bourne2/3, there´s no doubt about that. Nevertheless, the result differs a lot in the details. As @trevanian pointed out, if you freeze-frame the action scenes, you´ll see a lot of very clear and not blurred shots. Yes, there are shaky shots too, but they are by far not the majority (as in Bourne2/3).
    The rhythm of the editing is completely different in Bourne2/3 and QoS. Both are fast, no doubt, but still very different. SF has longer shots, which makes things easier to see of course, but IMO the rhythm of the action scenes is much better in QoS.
    I´m hoping for SP to top that. We´ll see.

• chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited August 2015 Posts: 560
    chipsticks wrote: »

Maybe she can't do it.

yep went back and listened again and it does sound like her in the train sequence
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The whole cheat-deal with the Bourne films (from what little I've seen; I dozed through the first one and have only seen bits of the Greengrass ones, which seems to employ shakeycam as excessively as JJ Abrams misuses len flares) is that they don't achieve any actual action to completion on the set, so they HAVE to do the overcutting to give the impression of an action (sort of a total reverse from THE MATRIX.) I remember the first BOURNE having a sequence where he freeclimbs a building wall, and it is entirely achieved editorially (and it was not much of an achievement IMO.)
    The only cheating that was done on Bourne 2 and 3 was that people were constantly told how realistic the films would look, when in reality no vision shakes when the viewer is running. The rest is stylistic decision, some like it, some (or more) don´t. I find I got used to it and can enjoy it for what it is, even though I find Bourne2/3 a bit shallow in content.
    As for the action, there´s a making-of feature on the Bourne3 disc where you see in detail how Damon/his stunt double does chase scenes on top of buildings in Tangiers. They had elaborate wire constructions for the camera to follow the action smoothly, pretty much as in LOTR. In the film, you don´t see any of that. In fact, if you freeze-frame Bourne 2 or 3, during many action scenes you don´t see details, much is blurred, things/fighters are only partly on the frame, the action mostly happens in the imagination of the viewer. Now it is simply impossible to shoot with the camera gliding smoothly along on wires and then having only shaky images, as long as you don´t intend to do so from the outset. Wether or not this makes sense is another matter.
    QoS was clearly inspired in its visual style by Bourne2/3, there´s no doubt about that. Nevertheless, the result differs a lot in the details. As @trevanian pointed out, if you freeze-frame the action scenes, you´ll see a lot of very clear and not blurred shots. Yes, there are shaky shots too, but they are by far not the majority (as in Bourne2/3).
    The rhythm of the editing is completely different in Bourne2/3 and QoS. Both are fast, no doubt, but still very different. SF has longer shots, which makes things easier to see of course, but IMO the rhythm of the action scenes is much better in QoS.
    I´m hoping for SP to top that. We´ll see.

No you couldn't do an indepth review of QOS without mentioning Bourne, to do so would be an evasion.
  • chipsticks wrote: »

yep went back and listened again and it does sound like her in the train sequence

And also when she says SPECTRE IMO. Only the shouts sound weird. But maybe she's not used to dubbing and could not re-create her acting in the sound booth ! ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Speaking in a different language may alter the way you sound. For instance, when I speak German, I sound like a nazi. French makes me sound amorous. My Spanish is terrible, but I imagine I sound absolutely homosexual.
    No you couldn't do an indepth review of QOS without mentioning Bourne, to do so would be an evasion.
    And? You couldn´t do an in-depth review of MR without mentioning Star Wars. You couldn´t do an in-depth review of SF without mentioning Nolan´s Batfilms. So what? My original comment was on SP not necessarily having more beautiful action and stunt work than QoS. If we keep on digressing, we should continue in the respective thread ;-).

• edited August 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Speaking in a different language may alter the way you sound.
    We're talking about the French trailer, and yes, the question is : is the French voice we hear dubbing Lea Seydoux, Lea Seydoux's voice in all the trailer :)
    chipsticks wrote:

I think it's the voice of Léa Seydoux but the French version is just terrible and ridiculous because some translations don't really match. The voice of other actors (like Waltz) is also very disappointing: as usual, it needs to be watched in English.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Lio007 wrote: »
    chipsticks wrote:

I think it's the voice of Léa Seydoux but the French version is just terrible and ridiculous because some translations don't really match. The voice of other actors (like Waltz) is also very disappointing: as usual, it needs to be watched in English.

that is the problem as well
    Hi! I'm new here so I might be writing this in the wrong thread, sorry if I am.
    Does anyone have any information about how to get to the actual premiere (with the cast etc.)?
    I've found a similar Skyfall thread about that http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3635/skyfall-premier-tickets-can-anyone-help/p2

I know it must be super expensive but I'd love to know how much and what does the ticket include and how to get it. Please do share any info
    Thanks a lot.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @Irmall do you like my icon? It's Kra!

I like it. Absolutely Krazy.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is anyone else admiring the use of handheld in certain shots? This one particular shot at 1:36 is my favorite.

• jake24 wrote: »
    Is anyone else admiring the use of handheld in certain shots? This one particular shot at 1:36 is my favorite.

I hate handheld shots, makes films look amatuerish instead of epic in scope. Although it looks good in the shots you mentioned, what is the need for handheld shots in the Q scene at 1:19? Looks like it's filmed on a boat. Same with the scenes in M's apartment in Skyfall.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    webside80 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

I hate handheld shots, makes films look amatuerish instead of epic in scope. Although it looks good in the shots you mentioned, what is the need for handheld shots in the Q scene at 1:19? Looks like it's filmed on a boat. Same with the scenes in M's apartment in Skyfall.
    I wouldn't say that. Handheld shots are mostly used to evoke a certain theme or message to the audience. The handheld shots you mention in SF, for example, were used to showcase Bond and M's rocky relationship.
    I love this trailer so much, I couldn't help but recreate it in Lego!
    jb00784 wrote: »
    Great job!
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Brilliant!
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 1,314
    Handheld is like everything - a tool. The opening of Saving Private Ryan shot on steady cam would have completely lost the confused brutality of the situation the protagonists are in.

Even in quieter scenes, if used correctly it adds an element of breathlessness and tension, as if the viewer is struggling to keep up to speed with what is being played out, or to emphasise the gravity of what is happening in the story. Bonds world is about quiet corners and shadows as well as sweeping scope and epic nature. If we were to follow Bond in real life, we would always be 2 steps behind, struggling to keep up, out of breath and disorientated.

In Skyfall, Bond was drunk and the scene was small and personal. The visual link is obvious

I think we need to see the film as a whole before critiquing.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    jb00784 wrote: »

That was incredible! Excellent job.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    How did you get a LEGO SPECTRE ring? And how did you make the MI6 memorial wall?
    Awesome little tidbit from the editor of the trailer (who's done all the Skyfall trailers and I believe the QoS theatrical too) on the OHMSS cue, when I asked him whether it was his idea:
    It was an early remark from Barbara which I stored, then implemented, pushed for and got!

He also praised Jeff Pfeifer re: the music, and talked about how he'd hum bits that he'd want for particular parts of the trailer down the phone to Pfeifer, who'd then turn them info full orchestral pieces. A much more symbiotic process in terms of scoring/editing compared to most other film trailers.