SPECTRE UK RELEASE DATE

Comments

I always said November 6th :-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm still of the belief it'll come out in the
    UK in October.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    @aaron819 can you post a screenshot of this?
    UK in October.

Care to wager?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Sark Do you really not believe me?
    I didn't say I didn't believe it. I just hope it would make all the people stop hoping against hope that they're getting the movie two weeks before the rest of us.
    Guys, like I said, you really can't say for sure it's either Oct or November because literally it's opposing sides - EON say November, Sony say October. At this rate it won't be decided for sure until October tbh....
    Sark wrote: »
    @aaron819 can you post a screenshot of this?
    UK in October.

Care to wager?

What do you have in mind?

;)
    Loser uses an avatar of the winner's choosing for one month ;)
    I can agree to those terms. Stand by for my request lol
    aaron819 wrote: »
    I sent a message yesterday on FB to "James Bond 007" to enquire when will the UK release date be.

I just got a reply and this is what they wrote:
    Hello. The film is out on November 6th in the UK.

I can't believe this.
    They would NEVER release a Bondfilm in the UK later than in other countries like Russia (October), or Germany (5th November).
    The guy who sent you the reply: does he have a name?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Jan1985 No. It's the official FB james bond page
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 4,619
    Barbara Broccoli just told me the movie won't be released until early 2016, due to the fact that the editor decided to take a two month long Caribbean vacation later this year.

... then I got an e-mail from Michael G. Wilson who stated that they are planning to release the movie in late August, 2 months earlier than planned.
    On March 5th Anna Whelan (Publicity Manager for SONY UK) replied:

"Hello xxx,

the global release date for SPECTRE is 6th November and the UK release date is 23rd October.
    I'm sure you understand that film release dates are always subject to change.
    Please check back in with us to confirm details in a while.

Best wishes
    Anna"

Yesterday on June 22nd she replied:

"Hi,

the UK release date remains 23rd October.

Best
    Anna"

So why should the Publicity Manager for SONY Pictures Releasing (UK) write this, if the date is 6th November?
    I'm sticking with November 6th!
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    On March 5th Anna Whelan (Publicity Manager for SONY UK) replied:

"Hello xxx,

the global release date for SPECTRE is 6th November and the UK release date is 23rd October.
    I'm sure you understand that film release dates are always subject to change.
    Please check back in with us to confirm details in a while.

Best wishes
    Anna"

Yesterday on June 22nd she replied:

"Hi,

the UK release date remains 23rd October.

Best
    Anna"

So why should the Publicity Manager for SONY Pictures Releasing (UK) write this, if the date is 6th November?

I knew it. Just like I've always suspected.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    it's OCT 23rd, they wouldn't lie.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Does not look like we get a premier at the Royal Albert Hall this time Bob Dylan is blocked booked from the 21st through to the 25th of October .
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Guys once again - there doesn't seem to be a set date yet. I'd say in this situation it's best to listen to Sony UK over EON as they are the ones who are in charge of the marketiing, releasing, sending stuff to theatres etc, EON just make the film and Sony will move the UK date to the 6th iff they feel EON won't get the film ready in time. At the moment, despite whatever EON is saying about a global release and whatnot, Sony seem to think they'll get it ready for the 23rd.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Does not look like we get a premier at the Royal Albert Hall this time Bob Dylan is blocked booked from the 21st through to the 25th of October .

What about a Royal Premiere on November 3rd? :D

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    RAH has only been used for anniversary films only. It'll probably be at the Odeon Leicester Square.
    I believe Leicester Sq. was going through renovations when SF was released, the whole project is complete now, so there's no reason for them not to premiere at OLS as Jake24 said.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @ marketto007 I'm free on Tuesday the 3rd of November how about you ?.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I believe Leicester Sq. was going through renovations when SF was released, the whole project is complete now, so there's no reason for them not to premiere at OLS as Jake24 said.

With IMAX, the other big possibility is the Empire too as it has a digital IMAX screen (they could do it like The Dark Knight Rises and have it at both - with the red carpet splitting). Or maybe even the BFI but they'll likely want Leicester Square
  • CR and QoS did all 3 cinemas in Leicester Square. I was at the CR one.
    @ marketto007 I'm free on Tuesday the 3rd of November how about you ?.

Just to let you know: the Berlin-premiere will be on October 28th at the SONY-Center, and the Paris-Premiere will be on the 29th. That's what the boss of the SONY-Center says.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    it's OCT 23rd, they wouldn't lie.

Not a lie, just that this was prior to Daniel's knee injury, problems with Rome due to authorities causing delays. It also was always subject to change.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,043
    I seriously hope's it's 23rd as I've booked the day off and on the Sunday we are off to northern Italy on holiday for a week.

I've promised my Dad I'll take him to see it for his birthday ( a tradition seen everyone since SWLM together) in November, hopefully this will be my 2nd viewing.
    @marketto007 I'm free on Tuesday the 3rd of November how about you ?

Booking my flight to London ASAP @MrCoggins :D

• RC7RC7

I'll be waiting at Heathrow with a couple of Vespers.
    RC7 wrote: »

I'll be waiting at Heathrow with a couple of Vespers.

I'm not joking mate. :D I'm just waiting for the definitive Premiere date to book my London hotel and flights. I'll stay at least one week in town :D