SPECTRE UK RELEASE DATE

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    @marketto007 I'm free on Tuesday the 3rd of November how about you ?

Booking my flight to London ASAP @MrCoggins :D

I'll be waiting at Heathrow with a couple of Vespers.

I'm not joking mate. :D I'm just waiting for the definitive Premiere date to book my London hotel and flights. I'll stay at least one week in town :D

we're all waiting for the same reason marketto. I just watch the films on their opening Saturday at Odeon Leicester Square. I never knew how to get my hands on an invite for the official premiere

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    RC7 wrote: »

I'll be waiting at Heathrow with a couple of Vespers.

I'm not joking mate. :D I'm just waiting for the definitive Premiere date to book my London hotel and flights. I'll stay at least one week in town :D
    I'm too. Do you think tickets will be sold, like they did for SF?
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    I really hope it's global 6th Nov because I am not paying $2000 return ticket to watch it 3-4 weeks early
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

I will buy the first round marketto PM me with your travel plans and have a good flight !.
    CR and QoS did all 3 cinemas in Leicester Square. I was at the CR one.
    Me too :)
    I just don't know why EON/Sony who know that Spectre has a ton of mystery around it with who Waltz is playing and things like that, would potentially ruin millions of viewers enjoyment because they heard plot points of the film because it opened two weeks beforehand. Like I've said, I found out Skyfall's big secret on complete accident. And I stayed off the internet for those two weeks. So please, release everything on Nov 6 so we can all enjoy the film together as its meant to be enjoyed
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Bond should always open first in Britain, I'm sorry but I don't really care if it gets spoiled

The cat will be out the bag before then when the press get to see it like SF, that didn't take long for practically everything to get leaked.

Sorry but I'm banking on 23rd October and don't want a global release date in November, I know selfish but hey what you gonna do! (no smiley, I'm afraid I don't use them)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Here here. I'm in total agreement @Shardlake.
    After having a confirmation from SONY UK, I also received a mail from SONY Germany today confirming the 23rd for the UK release:

"Hallo xxx,
    Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Ich kann Ihnen den 23.
    Oktober für UK bestätigen.
    Wann die Weltpremiere stattfinden wird, kann ich
    Ihnen leider nicht sagen - weil der Termin schlichtweg noch nicht steht.

Auch
    der Premierentermin für Deutschland kann ich Ihnen nicht bestätigen. Bis dies
    der Fall ist, kann es noch ein bisschen dauern.

Melden Sie sich gerne in ein
    paar Wochen noch mal bei uns.

Herzliche Grüße,
    Annabelle
    Ferle

Publicity Manager
    Sony Pictures Releasing GmbH"

So I think there is NO DOUBT any more, that the movie will open in the UK on October 23rd.
    For me there was never any doubt.
    anyone care to translate please?
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Here here. I'm in total agreement @Shardlake.

Better make that three.
    Look. For all of you saying you want to have it first and you're being selfish, I know how you feel. I really do. But you have to understand that myself and millions of other US Bond fans have been waiting for this film just as long as you have. The film WILL be spoiled when it's released two weeks early. One way or another. And that's a shame. I'm glad you guys get to be happy but they are millions of fans who won't be. Including myself. I'll do my very best again to not be spoiled but I'm not holding my breath
    Without trying to be rude; that's not our problem.
    Movies we all look forward to come out first in the US most of the times and we all have to deal with it. Bond has and should always get a UK release first. Try to keep yourselves busy until you guys get to see it.
    "Furious 7", "Avengers 2", "Jurassic World" all came out in Germany BEFORE the US. But no one in the US seemed to care or was afraid to be spoiled.
    And I don't think most americans will even realise that Bond is already out in other parts of the world.
    So there won't be a big problem.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    Did they come out two weeks prior to US release?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I remember when the official Skyfall facebook page wrote something like "5 days until Skyfall release in the USA" and everyone in the comments wrote "In 5 days you'll see M dying, enjoy the movie."
    Sark wrote: »
    Did they come out two weeks prior to US release?

"Furious 7":

Germany: 1st April (with previews on 30th March)
    USA: 3rd April

"Avengers: Age of Ultron":

Germany: 23rd April (with previews on 22nd April)
    USA: 1st May

"Jurassic World":

Germany: 11th June (with previews on 10th June)
    USA: 12th June

So only 1-2 days in case of JW and only 2-3 days with "Furious 7", but 8-9 days with "Avengers: Age of Ultron".

With "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation" it's the other way round: it will be released on July 31st in the US, but only on August 6th in Germany, 6 days later.

It almost NEVER happens that a movie gets a worldwide simultaneous release on the same day. That only happened with the "Lord of the Rings"-movies and "Avatar".

But as I said before: 99% of people in a country don't give a damn about when a movie is released in another country. And I don't know any "Avengers"-Fans in the US, that were angry, that Germany got to see the movie 9 days early.

By the way: in the russian version of the SPECTRE teaser it said, that the movie will come out in Russia in October, too. So it won't only be the UK that gets a October release.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    By the way: in the russian version of the SPECTRE teaser it said, that the movie will come out in Russia in October, too. So it won't only be the UK that gets a October release.

That was apparently a mistake - the version Russian cinemas have say November. Planned for November 5.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I remember when the official Skyfall facebook page wrote something like "5 days until Skyfall release in the USA" and everyone in the comments wrote "In 5 days you'll see M dying, enjoy the movie."

Exactly my point. If we can avoid stuff like that, I won't mind. But some a**hole will most likely ruin it
    There will always be people who for some reason get enjoyment from being asses by spreading spoilers.

On the other hand, why would anyone wishing to avoid spoilers read comments anywhere... or even articles or reviews or stuff after the movie has been released somewhere else?
    Tuulia wrote: »
    There will always be people who for some reason get enjoyment from being asses by spreading spoilers.

On the other hand, why would anyone wishing to avoid spoilers read comments anywhere... or even articles or reviews or stuff after the movie has been released somewhere else?

I will tell you exactly where I found out Skyfall spoilers. It was an IGN article about "20 things you didn't know about James Bond" or something like that. I thought to myself "Ha, I bet this will be good. Articles like this usually are a joke" And right in the middle of the article was both "as this will be Judi Dench's last go as M" and also revealed that Skyfall was Bond'd family home. I was devastated. So yes, I will be staying away from ALL Bond related things come this fall during those two weeks. But my point is that it might just happen on accident.
    bondbat007 wrote: »

I will tell you exactly where I found out Skyfall spoilers. It was an IGN article about "20 things you didn't know about James Bond" or something like that. I thought to myself "Ha, I bet this will be good. Articles like this usually are a joke" And right in the middle of the article was both "as this will be Judi Dench's last go as M" and also revealed that Skyfall was Bond'd family home. I was devastated. So yes, I will be staying away from ALL Bond related things come this fall during those two weeks. But my point is that it might just happen on accident.

Yes, of course one can come across spoilers by accident as well, and that's really unfortunate. Quite often though it seems to me people themselves dig the holes they fall into. Like, for instance, I've seen people complain in comments of trailers or movie clips, of movies that are already out that somebody posted spoilers in the comments. It's like, "umm, whaaat, why are you reading?"
    bondbat007 wrote: »

Yes, of course one can come across spoilers by accident as well, and that's really unfortunate. Quite often though it seems to me people themselves dig the holes they fall into. Like, for instance, I've seen people complain in comments of trailers or movie clips, of movies that are already out that somebody posted spoilers in the comments. It's like, "umm, whaaat, why are you reading?"

Yes I see that all the time. Can't help those people. Stupid is as stupid does
    The British Board of Film Classification (the British version of the MPAA) are listing the release date of SPECTRE as October 23rd for their latest classification of the SPECTRE trailer - rating posted today

tumblr_nr7npvK07H1rv0z1no1_250.jpg
    http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/spectre-filmtrailer-0
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I'm still of the belief it'll come out in the
    UK in October.
    I'm still of the belief it'll come out in the
    UK in October.

Care to wager?
    Loser uses an avatar of the winner's choosing for one month ;)

Get ready to change your avatar, buddy ;)
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    When it premiers in the UK I will.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    The British Board of Film Classification (the British version of the MPAA) are listing the release date of SPECTRE as October 23rd for their latest classification of the SPECTRE trailer - rating posted today

tumblr_nr7npvK07H1rv0z1no1_250.jpg
    http://bbfc.co.uk/releases/spectre-filmtrailer-0

I did raise an eyebrow Roger Moore style when I saw the release date! :-? Great to know that a new trailer is almost upon us!!!!!! <:-P
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Looking on the BBFC site at the new information for the full SPECTRE trailer the film's release date is given as 23 October!
    IMDB has now changed the UK premiere date for "SPECTRE" to November 6th :-S. It was always October 23rd until early this week:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/releaseinfo