SPECTRE UK RELEASE DATE

Comments

nikos78 wrote: »
    IMDB page now switched to Nov 6

IMDB is fan-made. You yourself could change the date back to Oct 23rd if you want.
    Just click on "edit page" and fill in the form.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bah! We'll get it here in the UK in October when it's all said and done.
    Jan1985 wrote: »

IMDB is fan-made. You yourself could change the date back to Oct 23rd if you want.

Not entirely true. They do have admin who check submissions before accepting, it's not like Wikipedia where changes are automatic - I've attempted to correct information in the past with no luck. It's not a case of simply filling out a form.

JCRendle wrote: »

Not entirely true. They do have admin who check submissions before accepting, it's not like Wikipedia where changes are automatic - I've attempted to correct information in the past with no luck. It's not a case of simply filling out a form.

Yes,
    but if you send a link where it says that "SPECTRE" will hit UK cinemas on Oct 23rd, they will change it to Oct 23rd.
    And when you send a link where it says Nov 7th, they change it to Nov 7th.

IMDB-people are no insiders.

And by the way: in Germany SPECTRE will be released on November 5th.
    The official SONY statement said so, the teaser poster says so.
    But on imdb they pretend it will be the 6th for Germany as well. That's stupid.
    No movie ever will get a release on a friday in Germany. Never.

So no admin checked anything when someone put all the dates to Nov 6th.

By the way: wikipedia checks updates, too.
    Wikipedia does, but unless a page is protected, it can be changed whenever someone feels like it, and it isn't always caught straight away
    Considering I found out about some Avengers spoilers due to an early release, I'm still hoping for a global Nov 6 date.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    As said before, Spectre will be released in Scandinavia on November 4th.
    Has there been any update on a UK date yet? Are we still in flux? I noticed the US teaser was updated when I saw it last month to say "November" instead of "Coming Soon"
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on a UK date yet? Are we still in flux? I noticed the US teaser was updated when I saw it last month to say "November" instead of "Coming Soon"

The US teaser was always Coming Soon.

Checked with someone who got in touch with Sony UK - UK date is still October.
    sony uk site says november 6 http://www.sonypictures.co.uk/
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    People are still holding out hope of the UK getting an early release?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Most cinemas websites cineworld and Odeon UK still say October 23rd.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Originally there was an October release date mentioned but shortly afterwards it was changed to the November date. That's the one to go for.
    Sark wrote: »
    People are still holding out hope of the UK getting an early release?

Pretty much lol.

Look I know what the sites say and so on but people within Sony Pictures UK still say October so idk, miscommunication or whatever or EON still haven't worked it out themselves.
    I still think it will be November? May ask one of my good friends who is a Cinema Manager to see if he has heard otherwise?
    @RogueAgent please do and also ask him if he could bother making some phone calls so he can find out for us
    I wrote to EON, MGM, SONY UK via mail, twitter, facebook - and NEVER got an answer to my question. So I believe they haven't decided yet when to release the movie in the UK.
    I wrote to EON, MGM, SONY UK via mail, twitter, facebook - and NEVER got an answer to my question. So I believe they haven't decided yet when to release the movie in the UK.

I believe this correct, they are attempting to stick to the original dates October 23rd but its whether the remaining production runs smoothly and it makes it on to the cutting desk on time.

@RogueAgent please do and also ask him if he could bother making some phone calls so he can find out for us

Will let you know hopefully if their is anything to tell in the next day or two?
    "The UK release date remains 23rd October."

source:

Sony Picutures Releasing (UK) Publicity Manager Anna Whelan in a private mail dated June 22nd.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @Jan1985 She replied to you?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I thought UK release was confirmed for late OCT?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    @Jan1985 She replied to you?

She replied to a friend of mine.
    I sent a message yesterday on FB to "James Bond 007" to enquire when will the UK release date be.

I just got a reply and this is what they wrote:
    Hello. The film is out on November 6th in the UK.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Nobody knows wtf they're talking about it seems.
    Well same issue once again - EON say November, Sony UK say October.

The October date all depends on how soon they will get the finished film to Sony, as the post production is apparently running later than Skyfall's.
    November 6th thats from a response to an email I sent to [email protected]
    I think it's going to be a November 6th global release after all :)

Well if they get the DCP to Sony in time, they'll release it in the UK ASAP.

edited June 2015 Posts: 1,208
    antovolk wrote: »

Well if they get the DCP to Sony in time, they'll release it in the UK ASAP.

@antovolk If they do it in time. Don't forget they are on a tighter schedule than they were with SF.