Is the Double-Take Pigeon the silliest thing in Moore's era?

Comments

DrGorner wrote: »
    Well I wouldn't try and stop him :D Think of the case if Jaws
    Took them up for discrimination, on the grounds of his " disability "
    No real teeth ! :))

But up until that point he hadn't said anything. Also, surely Mi6 would have some sort of report on him so they could say he was dangerous :p
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He probably slipped on a pair of dark glasses, always fools
    Security in movies. :D
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Indeed
    RM-06-Shirt.JPG

The only man less inconspicuous than Jaws.
    :)) and to look smarter, just slip on an ordinary pair !
    Aren't movies great. ;)
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 41
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    MrBlofeld wrote: »
    Mah ca! The horror! The horror!

Once Sgt Pepper is out of the series, it's almost like they tried to shoehorn in a Comedy Character for every film. The taxi guy shouting after his car ("my car, mah car!") is this film's poor Sgt Pepper substitute.

Sgt Pepper ! Is a LP record by the Beatles. JW Pepper however is another matter whilst we're at it how about Dr Pepper you can take your pick only one was in a Bond film.

Sorry there, Mr Picky :p
  • BAIN123 wrote: »
    Bond checking his watch while dressed in a gorilla costume?? That's a pretty good contender also.

I know he's meat to be in disguise but it's pretty ridiculous.

I absolutely love that bit! A laugh in such a tense moment; I think it just works well.
    Roger did monkey around a lot ! :D
    That's SAS training for you, getting in and out unnoticed!
    That's why they make lousy lovers. :D
    There are no silly things in the Moore era [-( .

I'd rate that as the silliest joke on this thread! ;) ;))

I didnt know Roger Moore was ACTUALLY on this thread ;)
    I can't help it, I was raised for years on Roger as The Saint, Bond etc. So now
    It's all bad puns and silly jokes. :))
    I like bad puns and silly jokes. Keep them coming! ;)
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I hated the gorilla suit as much for the ease in which he got in and out of the thing as anything else.

He's obviously super quick. See also: when he dresses as a clown, and even goes so far as to do all the makeup neat and perfect too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I hated the gorilla suit as much for the ease in which he got in and out of the thing as anything else.

He's obviously super quick. See also: when he dresses as a clown, and even goes so far as to do all the makeup neat and perfect too.

Also, for a 53 years old man he can run up the steps quicker than Locque in his car!

Also, for a 53 years old man he can run up the steps quicker than Locque in his car!
    It is silly to accept the idea of getting automatically lame when getting old. If a guy knows how to keep up with his age, he can outrun Loque´s car even at the age of 60.
    We know the steps go straight up, we don't see how convoluted the
    Road the car has to take is. That's how I explain it to myself. ;)
    Is it me or have you noticed that since DAF just when you think Bond cannot be more silly (JW Pepper, Hip's Nieces, Pigeon, gondola, hockey scene, tarzan yell, cabbie) he seems to make a serious attempt to top the earlier scenes in total stupidity?

Another gasp from the Moore years....
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    For me, the absolute pits is Maggie T. in FYEO. Horrible. That's worse than the clown or tarzan or the pigeons or anything else. Give us a bloody kiss indeed! More like kiss-off.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    boldfinger wrote: »

It is silly to accept the idea of getting automatically lame when getting old. If a guy knows how to keep up with his age, he can outrun Loque´s car even at the age of 60.

Look at Charles Bronson. He was kicking @$$ and taking names well into his 70's.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »

Look at Charles Bronson. He was kicking @$$ and taking names well into his 70's.
    He was da man.
    bondjames wrote: »
    For me, the absolute pits is Maggie T. in FYEO. Horrible.

That's how I feel about the second half of MWTGG, which to me is silly but in a dire way.

Murdock wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

He´s good inspiration in that sense.

The problem is that most people don´t consider the natural changes in metabolism, they think the type of workout and diet that worked at the age of 30 still works the same at the age of 40 or 50. But if you adapt to your age and take care of yourself you can do tremendous things even in old age.

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Yes, his films for cannon in the 80s were true classics
    BAIN123 wrote: »

That's how I feel about the second half of MWTGG, which to me is silly but in a dire way.

Everyone likes to bash AVTAK as being just creepy...but TMWTGG has more sickness about it than AVTAK. Christopher Lee was the best part of that sad attempt.
    1. Moore is a total dick
    2. Explicit racism
    3.A total blond bimbo Bond girl (blatant sexism)
    4. Little henchman and that stupid flute music on the track in some of his scenes
    5. Car stunt with whistle
    6. Badly dated
    7. JW Pepper
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Everyone likes to bash AVTAK as being just creepy...but TMWTGG has more sickness about it than AVTAK. Christopher Lee was the best part of that sad attempt.
    1. Moore is a total dick
    2. Explicit racism
    3.A total blond bimbo Bond girl (blatant sexism)
    4. Little henchman and that stupid flute music on the track in some of his scenes
    5. Car stunt with whistle
    6. Badly dated
    7. JW Pepper
    1. Moore is polarised. He´s taken the p*** out of all right, but at the same time he had some of his most threatening moments, e.g. when he questioned the gun maker, or when he twisted the lady´s arm.
    2. Where exactly?
    3. What´s wrong with that?
    4. That´s bizzarre and exotic, not stupid.
    5. Even more polarised. One of the best stunts in the whole series, paired with one of the worst sound effects in film history.
    6. No way.
    7. JW Pepper is so great, he should have got a movie on his own.

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It's an insult to Asians, women, and midgets. Yes, it's very dated. No, we can't pretend it's really a good movie. It is definite a low point of the series
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I'm afraid I have to disagree.

I love TMWTGG and am not as annoyed by the above points that seem to grate others. Point 3. above in particular works quite well in the context of the film. I love Barry's score as well and think it's a different sound for him.

The flying car is the only thing that annoys me, only because it's done so poorly. JW too could have been toned down a little but his wife is funny.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    It's an insult to Asians, women, and midgets.
    I agree, it's not very PC.
    So, what are the 'bad' parts?

:))
    I think they overdo Pepper in GG. He always seems to be shouting, more so than he did in LALD.

I hate his wife as well.

I just feel like some of the humour in GG seems to be scraping the barrel more than a little bit. I cringe at some of the stuff in MR but it doesn't annoy me like the things in this. Maybe if the film as a whole was a bit more lively I might have not have had a problem. Even when I was younger I remember thinking that the film seemed kind of stale. Parts of it aren't too bad but even the better parts seems a bit...routine.