Is the Double-Take Pigeon the silliest thing in Moore's era?

12345679»

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    DB5 wrote: »
    The Roger Moore Bond films are just awful. Ditto YOLT and DAF. My advice for those considering a Bond marathon is to watch the first four Connery films, then go directly to OHMSS, and then proceed to Dalton, Brosnan and Craig.

My advice for those considering enjoying life is to ignore your advice. A world without Rog's Bond films is a very bleak place indeed and not somewhere I would wish to live.
    After some consideration, I have decided that the 60+ year old Roger Moore and Patrick Macnee pretending to indulge in fisticuffs with two other aged specimens in AVTAK is the silliest thing in the Roger Moore era. Just don't ask me about the silliest thing in Brosnan's tenure, I'm not sure my own aged mind can stand the strain.

That's a great shout actually. Absolutely awful. You wonder why Zorin only hired henchmen in their 50s rather than young guys at the peak of fitness? It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that a guy in his 20s would have battered an aged Bond and his decrepit companion?

You have to feel sorry for Dolph Lundgren too. He was probably gutted he didn't get the part of Warehouse Goon but took it philosophically and thought 'Well it's my first film and although I didn't get a fight scene at least I got a small part. As it's a Bond film I bet the guy they got was really built and a great fighter and actor. One day I'll get to his level.'

And then he saw the film and thought 'WTF? They cast Bill Maynard from TV's The Gaffer as a Bond henchman?'

It wasn't Bill Maynard,Wiz ....

Now I know exactly how Rachel feels:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/26/glastonbury-barry-gibb-bee-gees-covers-twitter-joke

I'm really wasting my time on here throwing out comedy gems for you peasants to ignore.

I saw that tweet about Barry Gibb. I read it out to my wife and even she understood it was a joke (and she famously NEVER gets jokes). The fact this poor Rachel was hounded because people misunderstood the joke...well, even Big Ron would laugh.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Sark wrote: »
    It's not like he was killing the kid, he jumped off one boat and claimed on Bonds.

There are crocodiles in that water.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    echo wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »
    It's not like he was killing the kid, he jumped off one boat and claimed on Bonds.

There are crocodiles in that water.

The kid was eaten right after.
    The person who pushed that kid into the water went on to work for UNICEF :))