In which film were they at their best? [CONCLUSION]

Comments

Obviously Licence to Kill.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Licence To Kill.
    LTK though i enjoyed his performance in Live and let Die.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited July 2011 Posts: 3,262
    Can't say I agree with the choices so far. I want Bond and Leiter to be of roughly the same age and I want the both of them to be relatively young.
    Fair point. I wish that Hedison's Leiter had appeared in more of Moore's Bond films since they were contemporaries, good friends in real life and had a good camaraderie together. Hedison could've been Holly's CIA supervisor in MR or replaced Chuck Lee(without being murdered by May Day, of course) in AVTAK. If I were Albert Broccoli, I would've then cast Lee Horsley(TV's Matt Houston) to play Leiter opposite Dalton's and Brosnan's Bonds.

Here is an interview with David Hedison about his work on the Bond films. I like how he lists his "Five Fingers" TV series leading lady Luciana Paluzzi as his favorite Bond girl:

http://www.universalexports.net/interviews/hedison.shtml

As for this round, I vote for LALD.

Hedison should have been in more films IMO. He had a good sense of comic timing ("I understand you can't just glue the wings back on") and also could be sensitive when he needed to be (the LTK reference to Tracy).
    LTK
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wrapping this up soon. Any more votes?
    David Hedison's Felix is most beloved by our members without a leg. ;;)
    Bernard Lee as M: OHMSS
    Walter Gotell as General Anatol Alexis Gogol: OP
    Desmond Llewelyn as Q: LTK
    Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray: MR
    Dame Judy Dench as M: CR
    Victor Tourjansky as 'man with bottle': MR
    Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: OHMSS
    Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny: GE
    Sean Connery as James Bond: TB
    Richard Kiel as Jaws: TSWLM
    David Hedison as Felix Leiter: LTK

Entry #12: Robert Brown as M
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    LTK. The Hemingway House scene with Dalton is one of the most electrifying scene in the franchise.
    TLD. I can't compare. But from TLD I remember him the best.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    LTK. The Hemingway House scene with Dalton is one of the most electrifying scene in the franchise.
    That'a great scene and the reason why I'll choose Licence To Kill too. It's the only scene were Brown really shines in my opinion and even rivals Lee.
  • LTK
    Chalk another up for LTK
  • That's probably the easiest choice in this board. Licence to Kill by a mile. The Hemingway House scene is one of the few times I actually accepted him as M the character instead of just Bernard Lee's replacement. Come to think of it LTK has had alot of winners so far hasn't it?
    I thought he was pretty good in OP but the winner goes to Kill for the reasons stated above.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    LTK. The most dramatically intense Bond/M scene post-OHMSS and far superior to any of the Dame Judi Dench scenes with either Brosnan or Craig. Brown's definitely the most underrated M.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I think Brown meshed a lot better with Dalton than he did with Moore. Honestly, I could go with either Dalton film, but as others have mentioned, the Hemmingway House scene is where in my mind Brown outshines his other performances.

LTK it is.
    "Oh spare my this sentimental rubbish"
    "We're not a country club 007!"
    LTK, indubitably.
    I thought he was pretty good in TLD , but LTK has it for me especially because of the line quoted above
    I call LTK as well. Powerful Bond - M moment.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's tough. I'm torn between the scene at the safehouse in TLD, and the allready mentioned Hemingway House scens from LTK.

I guess i'd have to give my vote to LTK.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I really liked Robert Browns M, and thought he played the role well. Like the actor taking on the Bond role, he didn't want to merely copy Bernard Lee, and made M more avuncular I feel. He had good chemistry with Moore (an old friend) and Dalton.
    As to his best performance, I'd agree that LTK is probably the best, but he's on top form in TLD, and gives Bond a hardish time in OP.

"Remember OO7, you're on your own."
    "Ohh thank-you sir. That's a great comfort."
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    The Spy Who Loved Me, Hargreaves stil whas a admiral before he whas promoted to M. When he whas promoted i choose for LTK and special note for Octopussy.
    LTK wins again!
    Bernard Lee as M: OHMSS
    Walter Gotell as General Anatol Alexis Gogol: OP
    Desmond Llewelyn as Q: LTK
    Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray: MR
    Dame Judy Dench as M: CR
    Victor Tourjansky as 'man with bottle': MR
    Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: OHMSS
    Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny: GE
    Sean Connery as James Bond: TB
    Richard Kiel as Jaws: TSWLM
    David Hedison as Felix Leiter: LTK
    Robert Brown as M: LTK

Entry #13: Roger Moore as James Bond
    FYEO. Least campy of Moore's performances, and we get to see a touch of brutality in his treatment of Locque.
    TWLM the scene in the nightclub when XXX mentioned Tracy
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Tough call between MR and FYEO which include Moore's best moments, with Locque, and the centrifuge chamber. I'll go with MR. High 5 to DC!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited August 2011 Posts: 784
    Moore's best performance was only in FYEO, this one the only time we see his character act like a true James Bond, and not some comedy club outing.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    FYEO deffo.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's like asking which way would you like to die.

I'll choose lethal injection - TSWLM.