In which film were they at their best? [CONCLUSION]

1171819202123»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Well done Dimi !! A fantastic thread !! :-bd
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Thanks Dimi! It's been a real delight!

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,894
    So LTK and GE draw? :-? I guess it's a bit late to suggest a sudden death.

Good show, Dimi.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Well done Dimi. A great idea that was executed well with very enthusiastic participation. Thank you very much.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Good job, DD.
    Blofeld's Cat from YOLT suddenly fought back when it looked as if DAF was surely going to win, and it did so very vigorously I might add. The little You Tube film posted here leaves little to the imagination. ;;)

Bernard Lee as M: OHMSS
    Walter Gotell as General Anatol Alexis Gogol: OP
    Desmond Llewelyn as Q: LTK
    Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray: MR
    Dame Judy Dench as M: CR
    Victor Tourjansky as 'man with bottle': MR
    Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: OHMSS
    Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny: GE
    Sean Connery as James Bond: TB
    Richard Kiel as Jaws: TSWLM
    David Hedison as Felix Leiter: LTK
    Robert Brown as M: LTK
    Roger Moore as James Bond: TSWLM
    Eunice Gayson as Sylvia Trench: DN
    Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter: QOS
    Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky: GE
    Clifton James as J.W. Pepper: LALD
    Joe Don Baker as Jack Wade: GE
    Jeremy Bulloch as Smithers: FYEO
    Pierce Brosnan as James Bond: DAD
    Eva Reuber-Staier as Rublevitch: TSWLM
    Giancarlo Giannini as René Mathis: QOS
    Michael Kitchen as Bill Tanner: GE
    Timothy Dalton as James Bond: LTK
    Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson: TND
    Jesper Christensen as Mr White: CR
    John Cleese as R/Q: DAD
    Caroline Bliss as Miss Moneypenny: TLD
    Daniel Craig as James Bond: CR
    Puss as Blofeld's Cat: YOLT

Can a mod please put these results on the main MI6 page so we can have a record of this for future reference?

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    As already mentioned, LTK and GE got 4 nods. TSWLM and CR got three, OHMSS, MR, DAD and QOS got 2. DN ,TB, YOLT, LALD, FYEO, OP, TLD, TND each got one.

FRWL, GF, DAF, TMWTGG, AVTAK and TWINE were shut out.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    As already mentioned, LTK and GE got 4 nods. TSWLM and CR got three, OHMSS, MR, DAD and QOS got 2. DN ,TB, YOLT, LALD, FYEO, OP, TLD, TND each got one.

FRWL, GF, DAF, TMWTGG, AVTAK and TWINE were shut out.
    That is interesting indeed. I suppose in the case of GE, I could argue that upon their introduction to us (Dench, Bond, Kitchen, Baker's Jack Wade), they not only got the best script to pull their lines from, but they were under tremendously talented direction as well. LTK put both Bond and M on a very serious note and both times that paid off.

Seriousness could be a clue, although how does one explain Q's success? He gets to be sent on a clandestine mission, following Moneypenny's 'orders' no less, deprives Bond of his hotel room privacy right after showing him explosive tooth paste. He gets to be a multi-functional field operative at an age where one can scarcely bend down to tie up shoelaces, and he gets to actually lecture a Bond girl on Bond's not so ethical sense of romantic loyalty. The microphone hidden in the rake, the straw hat and the fake moustache are simply too much for me. I know that Q isn't always to be taken seriously but this was pushing things, IMO. I sort of feel that with these scenes, they broke the very rule of gritty realism they had set earlier in this film.

As for the ones that didn't get a vote, I guess their recurring characters came in smaller numbers or were simply better in another film. That of course doesn't mean they weren't any good in these. Connery, for example, won one for TB but few fans, I'm sure, will call his performance in FRWL or GF terrible (even if the latter gave him very little to do actively).

Well done DD !!
    A triumph sir.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    THIS CAN"T END! I ONLY HAVE ONE THING TO SAY: