No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I cant see any other way the next one would work without Craig & Waltz returning. A reboot/recast would undermine everything they have set up with Spectre, especially with them getting the rights back.

When Greg Wilson came out & said they are toying with ideas for the next film this gives us an idea were not headed into reboot territory or another loosely plotted more thematic film such as Skyfall.

I think its coming down to Barbara trying to put something new together that will get Craig to come back for one more.

Many feel that they blew the set up. Forgetting or ignoring SP may not be a bad thing.

Audiences may want a new actor fresh start.. unfairly scapegoating Craig.

Notice before anyone attacks me I said MAY.
    Wow when you compare all those movies Tom Cruise is doing in that amount of time to Craig it really makes Craig come over as one lazy fuck. Plus Tom is 6 years older then Craig.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    It is interesting that after Rogue Nation's success and positive reception, everyone involved is energized and excited about the next one, while after SP, everyone involved is apparently too exhausted to even talk about James Bond for 6 months...
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Wow when you compare all those movies Tom Cruise is doing in that amount of time to Craig it really makes Craig come over as one lazy fuck. Plus Tom is 6 years older then Craig.

Its called life, fj. Like I said, TC has none.
    There are others, who don't work ALL the time. All lazy fucks?

But Tom Cruise is insane, I mean he strapped himself to a plane as it took off!
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Well, it was safe now, wasn't it? I wouldn't overestimate the glory of that. They sure got a lot of PR out of it though. It was PR gold, but the task itsself...I wouldn't call it insane.

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Cruise is a renowned workaholic. And workaholics are mostly highly annoying people overcompensating for something or other.
    If I had Dan's career i'd be doing exactly the same. Enjoy it, I say :D
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Plus I can't stand Tom Cruise so couldn't give a damn how many films he makes.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Plus I can't stand Tom Cruise so couldn't give a damn how many films he makes.

As I said - workaholics are mostly highly annoying people overcompensating for something or other :>
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2016 Posts: 8,113
    Germanlady wrote: »

Well, it was safe now, wasn't it? I wouldn't overestimate the glory of that. They sure got a lot of PR out of it though. It was PR gold, but the task itsself...I wouldn't call it insane.

Actually it wasn't very safe. there was a great risk some little bit of dirt or grit could hit him in the air and blind or maim him. He had to wear special contact lenses to protect his eyes. There was so many things that could have gone wrong, that it absolutely was insane that they did it for real in this day and age.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Actually it wasn't very safe. there was a great risk some little bit of dirt or grit could hit him in the air and blind or maim him. He had to wear special contact lenses to protect his eyes. There was so many things that could have gone wrong, that it absolutely was insane that they did it for real in this day and age.

Come on. It's hardly the finale of OP is it?

You could tie a 90 year old to the side of a plane. All it takes is the bottle to do it.

I found it the least interesting action scene in the film and it wasn't helped by the fact we'd already seen it a million times in every bit of publicity before it was released.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Perhaps there wasn't a 90 year old around
  • The stunt people who assessed the risks prior to the much-publicized stunt deserve applause.
    royale65 wrote: »

They were hanging off the bus.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Spy Another Day

JAMES BOND chiefs are making fans wait two years for the next movie, in a bid to convince DANIEL CRAIG to return.

The break is designed to give Daniel time to wrap up a 20-episode US TV series, Purity, and take on a stint in Othello on Broadway – with the hope he’ll then be persuaded to play 007 for a fifth time.

But Bond producer BARBARA BROCCOLI will be keeping busy, too.

She set up Bad & Beautiful Productions last week alongside Gangs Of New York producer COLIN VAINES to work on an unnamed movie project.

An insider said: “Studio execs really want Daniel as he’s a safe Bond and does well at the box office.

“The next Bond is a special event because it’s the 25th movie.

“After the huge success of Skyfall and Spectre, everyone wants to get this right – nobody wants a reboot with an untested actor.

“Barbara wants Daniel as she’s a massive fan but she also wants to keep busy with other projects in the meantime.”

When asked last year about the prospect of playing the spy again, Daniel said: “I would rather slash my wrists.”

But with Spectre taking £600million at the cinema it’s no wonder they’re so keen to change his mind.

You could tie a 90 year old to the side of a plane. All it takes is the bottle to do it.

I found it the least interesting action scene in the film and it wasn't helped by the fact we'd already seen it a million times in every bit of publicity before it was released.

so setting yourself on fire isn't dangerous then. After all, anyone can do that too.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,117

so setting yourself on fire isn't dangerous then. After all, anyone can do that too.

???

The thing was done under very controlled conditions. Yes a bird strike might have proved fatal but the point is anyone can do that stunt with no training or experience.

What Tom did was dangerous compared to doing it on green screen but let's not start thinking he's Rick Sylvester.

• edited March 2016 Posts: 613
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Spy Another Day

JAMES BOND chiefs are making fans wait two years for the next movie, in a bid to convince DANIEL CRAIG to return.

The break is designed to give Daniel time to wrap up a 20-episode US TV series, Purity, and take on a stint in Othello on Broadway – with the hope he’ll then be persuaded to play 007 for a fifth time.

But Bond producer BARBARA BROCCOLI will be keeping busy, too.

She set up Bad & Beautiful Productions last week alongside Gangs Of New York producer COLIN VAINES to work on an unnamed movie project.

An insider said: “Studio execs really want Daniel as he’s a safe Bond and does well at the box office.

“The next Bond is a special event because it’s the 25th movie.

“After the huge success of Skyfall and Spectre, everyone wants to get this right – nobody wants a reboot with an untested actor.

“Barbara wants Daniel as she’s a massive fan but she also wants to keep busy with other projects in the meantime.”

When asked last year about the prospect of playing the spy again, Daniel said: “I would rather slash my wrists.”

But with Spectre taking £600million at the cinema it’s no wonder they’re so keen to change his mind.

That's some good news :-bd
    The Sun strikes again. No news time again.Why do we even react to this sort of thing - still?

???

The thing was done under very controlled conditions. Yes a bird strike might have proved fatal but the point is anyone can do that stunt with no training or experience.

What Tom did was dangerous compared to doing it on green screen but let's not start thinking he's Rick Sylvester.

If anyone can do it, it isn't dangerous. That's what you're saying. So there is no danger in setting yourself on fire then. Anyone can do that too.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,601

If anyone can do it, it isn't dangerous. That's what you're saying. So there is no danger in setting yourself on fire then. Anyone can do that too.

Not really. For once, TRY to think logical. People do it on little exhibits on air fields and whatnot. Its only a big deal, if a movie star is doing it.

OR do you think, they would let him do it, if it was dangerous? Even TC doesn't have the clouds to let them endanger a high budgeted film.
    royale65 wrote: »

There's never a 90-year-old around when you need one.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Exactly ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RE; Cruise, I posted this on the MI thread a while back. That's definitely him up there. My respects ^:)^
    TCTOPBK.jpg

Regarding this latest article on DC & Bab's desire (emphasized) to keep him, I'd like to know who this so called 'insider' is.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondjames wrote: »
    RE; Cruise, I posted this on the MI thread a while back. That's definitely him up there. My respects ^:)^
    TCTOPBK.jpg

Regarding this latest article on DC & Bab's desire (emphasized) to keep him, I'd like to know who this so called 'insider' is.
    The 'insider' is @Scaramanga12. Trust me, I have an insider.

???

Christ you're an idiot.

By your logic playing Beethoven's 9th on the harpsichord whilst reciting the entire works of Shakespeare is therefore dangerous because not many people can do it.

We are talking controlled stunts overseen with an extreme amount of health and safety. Cruise would have been wired onto the side of the plane and could barely move. A dead pig could have done that stunt just the same. Tom was a passenger. Its no different to this which we can all do if we come up with the requisite £399: http://www.aerosuperbatics.com/beawingwalker

Pouring a can of petrol over yourself and lighting it is extremely dangerous but only a fool would equate the two things as the same.
    The Sun strikes again. No news time again.Why do we even react to this sort of thing - still?

I'm not sure @Germanlady - the writer of the article quotes 'an insider' as his source. That sounds pretty conclusive to me!
    But dont they all? I could do it. Its easy, because they never have to name that source.
    Imo, most of what we read and hear right now is just people trying to apply some logic on what could happen, what might be the status quo right now. Same that is done here.

But it doesnt make it any more true. Give me -who is that guy from the DM or Sun, not sure -who always really knows his facts? I would believe him.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 4,116
    The only real news is when EoN announces the film and the star then misinform about the rest of the details.
    Even if it's true how is this even a story?

'We will have to wait two years for the next Bond film.'

Well 2018 was always likely to be the release date as the script would have to be virtually finished in the next month to start filming in early 2017.

What is more worrying (even though I treat this story with the contempt it deserves) is Babs exploring other avenues. She has done this before with various theatre endeavours. How about you get someone working on the script right now instead luv?
    Even if it's true how is this even a story?

'We will have to wait two years for the next Bond film.'

Well 2018 was always likely to be the release date as the script would have to be virtually finished in the next month to start filming in early 2017.

What is more worrying (even though I treat this story with the contempt it deserves) is Babs exploring other avenues. She has done this before with various theatre endeavours. How about you get someone working on the script right now instead luv?

Agreed ...very few really expected anything before 2018. We already knew Craig and EoN had other projects. Plus the article doesn't state Craig is actually returning.