No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I do remember reading somewhere before that Soderbergh fancied OHMSS a lot.

Yeah it was posted here a while back.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    bondjames wrote: »
    I completely agree @DaltonCraig007. Taken was an unexpected game changer. People talk about Death Wish - well Neeson brought back the vigilante with a vengeance. Liam has taken over the space that belonged squarely to Clint for many years, and everyone now wants a piece of it.

It's incredible how taken resurrected Liam Neeson. Its the film which made me know about him and turned him in one of my favorite actors.
    Liam found a new life in this genre and yes it oppened the possibilities to older actors to be action stars.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I think the next director should be someone who is willing to hsve more fun and give the character a lighter tone. A director who msy have liked the Brosnan films and wants to go back in that direction.

Directors who love on her majesty's secret service should be out and not because it was bad but because that means staying in this never ending arc and dark tone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My best friend was once called the Anti-Christ, and he does shockingly look like Jesus. I'll give him a call and tell him he'll be needed in two weeks. I've been watching Mad Max a lot lately; must be a sign. ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I honestly was really worried as soon as I read that Bond 25 would get delayed, then I saw that the article concerned the end of the world and I relaxed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's a bit awkward, I'm going to a wedding on the 30th July.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's a bit awkward, I'm going to a wedding on the 30th July.

Not anymore, you're not!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Reminds me of an episode of Torchwood, about the end of the world.....
    " If the world is gonna end in 20 minutes, why don't we all have sex ?"
    " Just when I thought the end of the world, couldn't get any worse !" :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Reminds me of an episode of Torchwood, about the end of the world.....
    " If the world is gonna end in 20 minutes, why don't we all have sex ?"
    " Just when I thought the end of the world, couldn't get any worse !" :D

And Prince's song 1999! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's all right, folks, as a student of George Miller, I know how to survive an apocalypse. What you will need:

*A muscle car well fortified.
    *A sawed-off shotgun with lots of ammo.
    *A dog to walk with you down dusty post-apocalyptic roadways.
    *Lots of dog food. This will be your main source of nutrition.
    *Leather, lots of leather. We're talking jackets, pants, gloves, the whole nine. It'll likely be too hot to wear leather when the end of the world arrives, but just trust me on this one. Plus it's all very stylish, so at least you'll look good as the world crumbles around you.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    fanbond123 wrote: »

Why is it fine to laugh at people coming up with these theories but we are expected to respect the beliefs of the mainstream religious?

Shouldn't we also be expected to respect the beliefs of people who think the world is going to end in 2 weeks?

Either we as a society think we should respect people who believe in bullshit or we shouldn't. Or are there different grades of bullshit? One makes you a laughing stock conspiracy theorist one makes you a respected bishop in the House of Lords. Go figure.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @TheWizardOfIce, a shocking amount of people in high power have religious beliefs. That plays a huge part in its protection from criticism, I feel. Not to mention that a critique against them is a critique against "God's plan," which for my money resembles a puzzle with all of the border missing and only bits of the center connected, but there you have it. A critique against a conspiracy theorist is just a critique on them, however, and nothing more. Now, if conspiracy theorists all prayed to a deity, maybe named Madame Conspiratora or something like that (or a Wizard made of ice), then they'd have something to defend themselves with.
    @TheWizardOfIce, a shocking amount of people in high power have religious beliefs. That plays a huge part in its protection from criticism, I feel. Not to mention that a critique against them is a critique against "God's plan," which for my money resembles a puzzle with all of the border missing and only bits of the center connected, but there you have it. A critique against a conspiracy theorist is just a critique on them, however, and nothing more. Now, if conspiracy theorists all prayed to a deity, maybe named Madame Conspiratora or something like that (or a Wizard made of ice), then they'd have something to defend themselves with.

So you're only a nutter if you are going against the 'perceived' wisdom of the masses?

Like those other nutters such as Galileo, Darwin, Newton who really should've been locked up.

As long as you believe something that lots of other people believe you are perfectly sane no matter how inherently ludicrous said belief is?

I'm interested to know is there a minimum set figure of how many people you need to believe your crackpot theory to make it 'respected' by the rest of us?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I believe and advocate religious freedom and freedom of speech. It's ok to be offended ..it's your right I believe.

What I don't believe in is censoring me or killing me because I don't believe as you do.

And to be honest isis isn't about religious dogma it's an excuse to brutalize the innocent. Nothing more than an excuse to kill.

To be fair guys probably best to take this into the other thread.

I apologise to those who want to happily discuss B25 rather than be weighed down with the religious debate.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694

So you're only a nutter if you are going against the 'perceived' wisdom of the masses?

Like those other nutters such as Galileo, Darwin, Newton who really should've been locked up.

As long as you believe something that lots of other people believe you are perfectly sane no matter how inherently ludicrous said belief is?

I'm interested to know is there a minimum set figure of how many people you need to believe your crackpot theory to make it 'respected' by the rest of us?

Yes, Wiz, I'd say that about covers it.

Galileo, Darwin, Newton, all loons. On the first account, Galileo and especially Copernicus were just utter fools. Trying to tell the people of Earth we weren't the center of the universe, when we so clearly are, created as the special center of the great circle that is space by our almighty God. Darwin was a liar that tried to use education as a means to ruin the narrative of God's great plan for humanity by trying to argue that we're all derived from chimps or some shit. Yeah right. Adam and Eve all the way, baby! And Newton, oh Newton. Gravity isn't an actual thing. Everybody knows that God is what grounds us to the earth, both figuratively and spirituality. Thinking anything else is just illogical.

@TheWizardOfIce, the best chance of getting people to believe in what you do on a massive scale would be to make your own church, and gradually get people to follow that system of beliefs:

http://www.churchlawandtax.com/images/43208.jpg

Someone started The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (I'm not making this up) a few years back, so anything is possible.

I think we should all pitch in funds and make a church built around the teachings of James Bond. Our (possible) ten commandments:

1. Covet your neighbor's goods, especially if those "goods" happen to be his wife and she is super hot.

2. Drink as much as you want, any time you want.

3. Smoke any time you want, in any quantity. In fact, smoking more than three packs of cigarettes a day is seen as a daily sacrifice to our God, Ian Fleming, and the act gets you that much closer to a place beside him in heaven.

4. You have a licence to kill, granted to you by our almighty God. Use it as you see fit on any sinner who condemns the name of our great author and his literary son.

5. The apostles of our God are Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. Each man was selected to take the reigns of our storied savior by our God, and for that alone they command our respect with a feast annually on the days of their birth.

6. To every service, you must bring copies of the original works our God Ian Fleming wrote about our savior James Bond, the texts by which we live our lives.

7. Our confession booths are made out of the seats of Bentleys and Aston Martins, and it is there that you may open your hearts to our God and his human servants that transmit his faith to the public.

8. Tuxedos are to be worn to every service held in our church. Our Lord stresses to us from beyond the grave that we are not to wear cummerbunds, because they are sinful and possessed by the devil, Kevin McClory. And besides that, they are simply unfashionable.

9. After each Sunday service, the church will turn into a gambling den, where you may compete for various prizes with other members of the church in games of Texas Hold 'Em, baccarat, chemin de fer and more. Smoking is of course, allowed.

10. Each year the members of our church will make a pilgrimage* to the sacred site of Goldeneye in Jamaica to celebrate our God Ian Fleming and our savior James Bond, and their impact in our holy lives.

*Ticket prices for air travel are not covered by the church, and meant to be paid by each member individually.
    To be fair guys probably best to take this into the other thread.

I apologise to those who want to happily discuss B25 rather than be weighed down with the religious debate.

Yea I actually thought was posting in a different thread. What I get for multitasking.

Thanks.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 9,117

@TheWizardOfIce, the best chance of getting people to believe in what you do on a massive scale would be to make your own church, and gradually get people to follow that system of beliefs:

I have absolutely no desire to do that old chap. I just want to live in a world where reason, logic and evidence are the only tenets worthy of respect not blind and deluded faith in a dusty old book dating from the Romans.
    the devil, Kevin McClory.

Very good.
    So now this thread has turned into a tirade against religion...

Also you all realize Galileo and Newton were Chirstian right? Isaac Newtown also believe the world would end in a giant flood from God, but I am sure you all knew that.
    Szonana wrote: »
    I think the next director should be someone who is willing to hsve more fun and give the character a lighter tone. A director who msy have liked the Brosnan films and wants to go back in that direction.

Directors who love on her majesty's secret service should be out and not because it was bad but because that means staying in this never ending arc and dark tone.

Lord help us no!

No more Brosnan style rubbish please.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Getafix wrote: »

Lord help us no!

Agree to disagree!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Getafix wrote: »

Lord help us no!

Brosnan was the best Bond! ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brosnanites are heretics: His films are apocryphal.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Brosnanites are heretics: His films are apocryphal.

'Brosnan was alright' starring Mark Ruffalo and Julianne Moore.
    Delete
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    I guess this might rule out Susanne Bier for directing Bond 25 (she's in talks to direct Amazon’s Cuba project pilot):
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60048341?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=2540377602&pf_rd_r=0HN68VMHYVFBSBXTPWJC&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_uk_tp3
    When I started my bond journey in January I figured by the Moore era I would know more about bond 25 now I am nervous in febuary 2017 I will be done with the journey and still know about as much about bond 25 as I do now.

Oh well at least Mac is back
    Satorious wrote: »
    I guess this might rule out Susanne Bier for directing Bond 25 (she's in talks to direct Amazon’s Cuba project pilot):
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60048341?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=25403

77602&pf_rd_r=0HN68VMHYVFBSBXTPWJC&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_uk_tp3

Bond 25 doesn't seem to be anywhere near production so this wouldn't necessarily rule her out.

However, I don't want her. Plenty of other talented directors.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Satorious wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni60048341?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=25403

77602&pf_rd_r=0HN68VMHYVFBSBXTPWJC&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_uk_tp3

Bond 25 doesn't seem to be anywhere near production so this wouldn't necessarily rule her out.

However, I don't want her. Plenty of other talented directors.
    Yep!