No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I really don't understand all this buzz around a possible new actor at THIS stage. Even if Daniel is actually out, do you guys really think that EON would replace him right away, without testing lots of new actors in the coming months/year?

MGW said during Craig's press conference back in 2005, that they've tested over 200 actores in two years, to finally decide for Craig. So, to me, this is all media buzz for now, specially because I do really believe that Craig still IS Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The fact that there is all this buzz, in the media and on here, does say something actually. All this speculation suggests there is a component of the public and fans that are perhaps looking for a change after 10 yrs.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    The fact that there is all this buzz, in the media and on here, does say something actually. All this speculation suggests there is a component of the public and fans that are perhaps looking for a change after 10 yrs.

I agree ..and more so than previously. Grant it Craig is partially responsible that's to his comments after SP.
    Marketto says Craig is still bond that is good enough for me change the title and let's ignore this bond number 7 silliness
    There's still 16 days left in June.
    I don't know if Craig is returning or not but I don't really expect any thing this month.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Let's just wait and see. Don't get your expectations too high. Just wait. :>
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I don't know if Craig is returning or not but I don't really expect any thing this month.

Agreed.

Even if something were to happen this month, it wouldn't be because the tabloids had any inside information. It would just be a very lucky guess on their collective parts.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    If we get a Bond movie every 3-4 years, I'm fine if next movie will be 2.5 hours long.
    Getafix wrote: »
    dalton wrote: »
    Nolan represents everything that the franchise doesn't need to be right now. He's all about epic-length films with weak writing that rely on spectacle to get you through. We've had enough of that under Mendes, with Skyfall even serving as an even further homage to Nolan. EON needs to go in a completely different direction.
    I couldn't agree more. Only with Nolan directing a Bond film will drag the series into further misery and all of the aspects you've pointed out. He shouldn't do a Bond film. Not with Eon Productions, at least. Perhaps in the next 30-40 years when the IP is in public domain, then everyone will get a slice at it.

I've wondered about that before. When exactly does Bond become available for any one to start making alternative films? Aren't they making a TV show in Canada at the moment set in the 50s?

There were talks about a canadian Bond movie but as far as I understand the people interested failed to find someone who produced it.

Bond will enter public domain in 2035 in Europe, whereas in the USA each book will enter public domain 95 years after its first publication date.

Doesn't matter much though because EON has trademarked the name James Bond.

You can't trademark a name. If it were that simple, companies would trademark Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Peter Pan and so on.
    If we get a Bond movie every 3-4 years, I'm fine if next movie will be 2.5 hours long.
    Nolan represents everything that the franchise doesn't need to be right now. He's all about epic-length films with weak writing that rely on spectacle to get you through. We've had enough of that under Mendes, with Skyfall even serving as an even further homage to Nolan. EON needs to go in a completely different direction.
    I couldn't agree more. Only with Nolan directing a Bond film will drag the series into further misery and all of the aspects you've pointed out. He shouldn't do a Bond film. Not with Eon Productions, at least. Perhaps in the next 30-40 years when the IP is in public domain, then everyone will get a slice at it.

I've wondered about that before. When exactly does Bond become available for any one to start making alternative films? Aren't they making a TV show in Canada at the moment set in the 50s?

There were talks about a canadian Bond movie but as far as I understand the people interested failed to find someone who produced it.

Bond will enter public domain in 2035 in Europe, whereas in the USA each book will enter public domain 95 years after its first publication date.

You can't trademark a name. If it were that simple, companies would trademark Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Peter Pan and so on.

You can trademark a name actually. It's what held up Murinho signing with Man Utd because Chelsea still owned the trademark to his name, i.e. United wouldn't have been able to sell merchandise with his name on.

I meant the logos.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Or should be saying "Protecting Real-Life Characters Under Copyright Law?"
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City

The truth is that I believe that Daniel Craig '''SHOULD''' return for Bond 25 bruv, that's all.
    How can people say Nolan can't direct action. Isn't the opening plane hijack in TDKR just a Bond pre- credit scene in all but name. Or the bank heist from TDK. Well shot, well edited and most importantly done for real not with CGI. Nolan is also a self confessed Bond fan and as such i think he would want to deliver the best Bond film he could. As for length, well isn't OHMSS nearly two and a half hours long, i don' hear anyone complaining about that film. Yes Interstellar was a disappointment, pretentious and self indulgent, but no ones perfect. The only downside i could see is having the awful Hans Zimmer on scoring duties but apart from that i say bring on the Nolan
    The plane hijack is a straight rip off of LTK
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And nowhere near as good.
    Better than what we got in SP. No CGI (at least nothing I could see), tense and beautifully filmed with IMAX cameras. The opening heist in TDK & the truck flip sequence are some of my favourite sequences from the last 10 yrs.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    How can people say Nolan can't direct action. Isn't the opening plane hijack in TDKR just a Bond pre- credit scene in all but name. Or the bank heist from TDK. Well shot, well edited and most importantly done for real not with CGI. Nolan is also a self confessed Bond fan and as such i think he would want to deliver the best Bond film he could. As for length, well isn't OHMSS nearly two and a half hours long, i don' hear anyone complaining about that film. Yes Interstellar was a disappointment, pretentious and self indulgent, but no ones perfect. The only downside i could see is having the awful Hans Zimmer on scoring duties but apart from that i say bring on the Nolan

Lets agree to disagree. I think Interstellar is a bleeping masterpiece.

Strangely, I agree with both of you. I too think it's a masterpiece of sorts, but also think it's self indulgent, pretentious, and not quite as good as I thought it would be. I admire the grandeur of the film, and it's certainly epic in scope.

The truth is that I believe that Daniel Craig '''SHOULD''' return for Bond 25 bruv, that's all.

I respect that (:
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Strangely, I agree with both of you. I too think it's a masterpiece of sorts, but also think it's self indulgent, pretentious, and not quite as good as I thought it would be. I admire the grandeur of the film, and it's certainly epic in scope.

The ending bothered me slightly. But the relativity aspect of 1 hour on the planet is 7 years on Earth I loved. Almost felt like Inception where 5 minutes in the real world was an hour in the dream. Leave it up to Nolan to have such concepts in his films. Didn't mean to stray off topic.. moving on.
    Nolan makes beautiful films but some of his recent efforts have been a bit bloated. SF and SP are Nolanesque in that respect too!

However I would still like to see him given a chance. It makes perfect sense IMO.
    http://www.chattsportsnet.com/entertainment/movies/james-bond-movie-update-tom-hiddleston/1880/

Finally a new completely bs rumor to discuss Taylor Swift as the next Bond girl..

If she keeps her mouth shut I can imagine she would be fine she looks hot have no idea if she can act.
    I wonder how much traction this rumor will get considering how much the rest of the BS the tabloids have pumped out there has been latched onto as the truth.

Surely this one's a bit too obvious, but who knows.
    She was caught dancing with Hiddles a while back at a club and that set of rumours of her potential. Certainly not bad to look at, but quite wooden imho.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    http://www.chattsportsnet.com/entertainment/movies/james-bond-movie-update-tom-hiddleston/1880/

Finally a new completely bs rumor to discuss Taylor Swift as the next Bond girl..

If she keeps her mouth shut I can imagine she would be fine she looks hot have no idea if she can act.

Bond rumors are a trip. They are either spot on (Harris as Moneypenny) or totally off.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,631
    I don't think the press could come up with someone who would be more miscast as a Bond girl than her. The more interesting thing about this rumor will be how many actually run with it and think there's even an ounce of truth to it.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Though if (and this is a huge if) if Nolan is directing bond 25 and since he likes to use his regulars and Craig might be done with 007 does this mean we might have Tom Hardy or Cillian Murphy as 007 #7? Personally I would t mind Hardy just food for thought
    Though if (and this is a huge if) if Nolan is directing bond 25 and since he likes to use his regulars and Craig might be done with 007 does this mean we might have Tom Hardy or Cillian Murphy as 007 #7? Personally I would t mind Hardy just food for thought
    This, imho, is the biggest concern I have with Nolan, and would be a disqualifier. He tends to use the same cast over and over again, and his choices aren't the best in this regard, particularly on the female front (Maggie Gyllenhaal wouldn't have been my first choice for TDK for instance).
    Nolan hardly uses the same cast any more than most other directors do. Working with some of the same actors again is very common and perfectly normal. He had 2-3 familiar faces in his past few non-francise movies (The Prestige - Bale+Caine, Inception - Murphy+Caine+Watanabe, Interstellar - Caine+Hathaway, Dunkirk - Murphy+Hardy), and the only (co-)lead of those was Bale, others were part of ensemble or supporting.. So far more actors that he was working with for the first time. No problem at all as far as I can see, I don't understand your complaints in this regard.
    Perhaps she will be the first Bond girl to do the theme song in the film ... Oh boy I love the smell of made up news in the morning. Can one of the better poster creators do a one sheet of her I would just be so happy.

As for my Nolan comment since Hardy is one of three actors I want as the next 007 it's hardly a complaint. You musn't be afraid to dream a little bit bigger darling @tuulia