No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 10,588
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Jany is back?
    Just an assumption by @PanchitoPistoles. No merit.

What is that location from Gassner's post? Looks interesting.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    @Pierce2Daniel Gassner and Jany Temine both are back and BOND 25 is now 100% a Barbara Broccoli production. The crew that could have been: Danny Boyle, John Hodge, Mark Tildesley, costume designer Suttirat Larlarb, Daniel Pemberton. The crew we will get: Dennis Gassner, Jany Temine, David Arnold, Purvis and Wade + poor Cary Fukunaga totally controlled by Barbara Broccoli.

...and don't get me wrong, Gassner and Temine are great at their jobs, but their return indicates that Bond 25 will completely controlled by the producers with very little input from the great Cary Fukunaga.

Where does it say they are both back?
    I think this is gonna be the first Bond movie to be released on 4k HDR when it arrives at home video. I would love to see the Bond films get a 4k release. Especially the Connery and Moore films. And of the recent ones Skyfall would be a delight in 4k. The brosnan ones I dread to see in 4K, as it runs the risk of looking even worse than they do at higher res.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    jake24 wrote: »
    Jany is back?
    The custome designer has already been hired. There are people in this very forum who have known her identity for some time. Just sayin'...
    Jany is back?
    The custome designer has already been hired. There are people in this very forum who have known her identity for some time. Just sayin'...
    What on earth are you talking about?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Temime said she was not returning some time back. If she's said nothing else since then, I think it's reasonable to continue to assume that she won't be back (thank goodness as far as I'm concerned!).
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Univex wrote: »
    Jany is back?
    I know for a fact that certain members of this forum have known for some time who the costume designer of Bond 25 is.
    Jany is back?
    I know for a fact that certain members of this forum have known for some time who the costume designer of Bond 25 is.

Have you been attending our weekly poker and bake offs which @peter I owe you 50 dollars how you got two royal flushes in a row I have no idea and it will take me Forever and a Day to figure it out
    Jany is back?
    How do you know that? If I may ask. Did they allude to it, were they candid about it? And who are you referring to? Why would they know that sort of thing and don't tell? It's not a scoop. Is it?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Temime confirmed herself she wouldn't be returning a couple months back
    Temime confirmed herself she wouldn't be returning a couple months back

I was under that impression. So what's the troll PP on about?

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just popping in, so unsure what is confirmed. But if we have Gassner and Jany Temine David Arnold, Purvis and Wade along with Cary Fukunaga, I'm quite happy. P&W plus Haggis and who else? Cary overseeing the story.

David A. I'd be happy to have back, but I rather doubt that. I didn't think Temine would be in this one, eiither. However If so, then Bond25 shaping up very nicely indeed. And IF others for costume and music, I'm still quite excited for this film. I have not been this happy about a Bond director for many years.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Jany is back?

Have you been attending our weekly poker and bake offs which @peter I owe you 50 dollars how you got two royal flushes in a row I have no idea and it will take me Forever and a Day to figure it out

@Risico007 you're becoming too too good at references and I do believe @PanchitoPistoles has been trying to evade security during the weekly poker and bake offs. Is it possible he was able to do so that one time when we were discussing nailing Nolan down for B26 and that Temime was indeed, for sure, and 100% so help-me-Dog coming back?
    Jany is back?

I heard that Chris Nolan’s decided to try his hand at costume making. The clothing will be very avant- garde and no one will understand why it was chosen, but many people will declare it the best thing ever and entire fan clubs will spring up to make copies of Great Clothing.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Perhaps we should return to discussing Bond 25 rather than Nolan. ;-)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I’m pretty sure Jany Temine was more a Sam Mendes hire than anything. A Barbara Broccoli hire would be Lindy Hemming, who I’d prefer.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Jany is back?

What's the passcode? V-E-S-P-E-R or V-E-D-P-W-R?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I am happy the established M, Moneypenny an Q will be back. I sincerely hope for Jeffrey Wright joining the cast so Felix Leiter will return, too.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    In the glorious year of our lord this chat has now reached by page number
    Slows news day when it come to talking about costume design!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yeah, bit slow lately. It'll pick up again next time a rumour emerges, or EON releases some info.
    Yeah, bit slow lately. It'll pick up again next time a rumour emerges, or EON releases some info.
    The next info EON (aka Barbara Broccoli Pictures) will release will likely be the date of the press conference.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The next info EON (aka Barbara Broccoli Pictures) will release will likely be the date of the press conference.

It's cute that you've realised that franchise filmmaking is producer driven. I'm happy for you. However, this shtick of hinging your comments on said realisation as if its groundbreaking or unknown to others is really very boring now.

Though I admit to slightly enjoying the Cubby Broccoli Pictures years, 1962-1989, a bit more.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    You'll find that engaging with a member who possibly annoys you or rubs you up the wrong way is best ignored.
    If anything by commenting, you're only opening yourself for further annoyance.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Can people just stop saying definitively this is Craig's last Bond film? When was that ever guaranteed/stated/written/whatever? Just because his current contract has this single film on it does not mean it will be his last. Most likely it will be but can we pump the brakes on the rhetoric for just a bit and wait and see?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Can people just stop saying definitively this is Craig's last Bond film? When was that ever guaranteed/stated/written/whatever? Just because his current contract has this single film on it does not mean it will be his last. Most likely it will be but can we pump the brakes on the rhetoric for just a bit and wait and see?

You just have to look at the long term. Craig will be 51 this year. With his family life, combined with age, I can't see him suiting up again at 54-55 for another. Especially with the rigorous aspects of filming. I definitely wouldn't blame him for leaving after this one. The only way I see him coming back is if he works wonders so much to a point with CJF that they return for another.
    Actually, it's good publicity for the film to say it will be Craig's last appearance as Bond.

Then, when it comes out, if its stellar, who knows? Maybe he'll do one more. But for now, it's actually good to say it'll be his last.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Regarding his return in B25 he said: "I think this is it, I just want to go out on a high note and I can't wait". So it looks like he's done after 25, even if no one ever stated this is going to be 100% his last.

Of course there's still a chance he could return. What if 25 is a massive success and EoN will convince him to star in a last mission for the 60th anniversary of the franchise with a release date Nov 2022? Possibile, but highly unlikely, especially given Craig comments on how stressful is making a picture like this nowadays.
  • The_Reaper wrote: »

He said it is on the Colbert show.

I think he’s kinda done with the role. He’s crammed a fair bit into his tenure and when Bond 25 comes out, he’d have played the role for 14 years. I think it’s time for something new – both for the franchise and for Craig.
    Actually, it's good publicity for the film to say it will be Craig's last appearance as Bond.

Then, when it comes out, if its stellar, who knows? Maybe he'll do one more. But for now, it's actually good to say it'll be his last.

The Frank Sinatra approach to retirement.