No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Lotus is a big no for me. Aston Martin all the way.
    I hope we get to read the John Hodge script one day. If only!

• RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    edited September 2018 Posts: 984
    Craig looks fine.

I’m most intrigued who Fukunaga will bring on to the film. He has worked with ‘stars’ throughout his career, so I expect a pretty glitzy cast. He’s worked with some big names, such as Michael Fassbender, Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Idris Elba, Emma Stone and Jonah Hill.

I suspect that he won’t go back to a past collaborator as he seemingly likes to work with new people for each project…

I reckon we’re in for an A-list cast. The main issue now concerns which script they’ll go for. I really think it could be a massive boon for Bond if it were to cast a female villain and bring someone like Gal Gadot in. She’d guarantee that Bond 25’s box office would explode.

gal-gadot-revlon-4k-2018-2k-2160x3840.jpg

Though, if they do go in the ‘Shatterhand’ route, they’d probably be stuck with Waltz. Though perhaps Kissy Suzuki (or whatever they call the character) could be played by Sonoya (who appear’s in Fukunaga’s ‘Manaic’) She's part Japanese.

sonoya-mizuno-the-big-picture-at-cinemacon-2018-in-las-vegas-8.jpg

When do we expect casting news? Would it be too soon for Baz to start leaking info?

If they do go the Shatterhand route, they could jettison the whole 'Bro-Feld' nonsense and Waltz in one foul swoop. Just have the 'real' Blofeld appear, and say, because Spectre noticed Bond getting closer to them, they used a member that had a personal connection to him to mess with his head. Simple.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Roadphill wrote: »
    Craig looks fine.

I’m most intrigued who Fukunaga will bring on to the film. He has worked with ‘stars’ throughout his career, so I expect a pretty glitzy cast. He’s worked with some big names, such as Michael Fassbender, Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Idris Elba, Emma Stone and Jonah Hill.

I suspect that he won’t go back to a past collaborator as he seemingly likes to work with new people for each project…

I reckon we’re in for an A-list cast. The main issue now concerns which script they’ll go for. I really think it could be a massive boon for Bond if it were to cast a female villain and bring someone like Gal Gadot in. She’d guarantee that Bond 25’s box office would explode.

gal-gadot-revlon-4k-2018-2k-2160x3840.jpg

Though, if they do go in the ‘Shatterhand’ route, they’d probably be stuck with Waltz. Though perhaps Kissy Suzuki (or whatever they call the character) could be played by Sonoya (who appear’s in Fukunaga’s ‘Manaic’) She's part Japanese.

sonoya-mizuno-the-big-picture-at-cinemacon-2018-in-las-vegas-8.jpg

When do we expect casting news? Would it be too soon for Baz to start leaking info?
    If they do go the Shatterhand route, they could jettison the whole 'Bro-Feld' nonsense and Waltz in one foul swoop. Just have the 'real' Blofeld appear, and say, because Spectre noticed Bond getting closer to them, they used a member that had a personal connection to him to mess with his head. Simple.
    +1. Logically plausible.
  • I was so hideously unimpressed by Waltz in the role and I feel that after nearly 5 years, he isn't worthy of a reprieve. There are far more interesting villains today than Blofeld.

I truly hope that Eon go in the other direction and bring on someone new.

I imagine this is the current situation at Eon:

Purvis and Wade are revamping their treatment and fleshing it out into a script, incorporating parts of John Hodge's script. I guess they have re-written a large portion of that script already.

Those script pages are then being given to Fukunaga, who is likely rewriting himself or working with another writer to retool.

I suspect Cary Joji Fukunaga will get a writing credit, alongside Purvis and Wade. I suspect John Hodge will be relegated to a 'story by' credit (however, that's dependent on how much of his script they use).

That would make Fukunaga the first director/writer of the series.

There's a new Fukunaga interview here. Can anyone access it?
    https://www.lesinrocks.com/2018/09/25/series/les-mondes-flottants-de-maniac-serie-penetrante-de-nos-psyches-111127824/
    1800_cary-fukunaga_elise-toide.jpg
    I personally enjoy Spectre it’s not amazing but it isn’t as bad as some make of out to be

That said I would or preferred they finish up Quantum and save Spectre for the next bond Actor.

But my opinion only they did what they did so we shall see what they do now.

I am assuming we won’t get the title till March?
  • and a Tom Ford suit, is all.

Please no. Or at least make it fit.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 14,863
    In the event they do go the ‘Shatterhand’ route, they could still use the character of Kissy Suzuki. Despite appearing in YOLT, the characters name is never used.
    I guess in months to come we’ll have all those actor reveals, story synopsis too mull over and then location work to try and fathom out, what is going on.
    Fun times lay ahead.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Kelly Reilly would make a great Gala Brand.
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    Kelly Reilly would make a great Gala Brand.
    She definitely would!

I wonder why I never thought of her before.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I personally enjoy Spectre it’s not amazing but it isn’t as bad as some make of out to be

I agree.

It's become routine for some to liberally dispense comments that would always circle back to how bad a film SPECTRE is. Ever since sir Roger's passing, even the silly TMWTGG has become Bond gold while the besmirchment of SPECTRE continues without a pause.

I wonder if Bond 25 will get the same treatment.
    TMWTGG and SP are both pretty close to the bottom for me. They each have their upsides but certainly aren’t collectively two of the series’ finest entries either. Not sure which one I prefer right now; I’ll wait until I’ve rewatched SP in my current Bondathon.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,343
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Lotus is a big no for me. Aston Martin all the way.

+1! Lotus is just awful.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    It may sound unbelievable to some, but despite all the flaws, I enjoy TMWTGG immensely more than SP.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Stay on topic, folks.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Gal in a Bond film? I would love her in Bond 25, but not as the villain.
  • It may sound unbelievable to some, but despite all the flaws, I enjoy TMWTGG immensely more than SP.
    Not at all. Tmwtgg isnt as bad as people claim, its comfortably within the lower third. Sp is closer to the bottom.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2018 Posts: 12,459
    So can we chat about locations? Possible cinematographers? Re Bond 25 ... that would be great. I can go to other threads for SP bashing or loving; same for Skyfall. And TMWTGG, etc.
    Any more news regarding potential castings? The last we heard was the Finnish actors rumours, wasn't it?
  • Curious development as Ralph Fiennes has signed for a leading role in Kingsman 3

Fiennes's dancecard is filling up. Bond's delay may help with scheduling, but it's still a curious move.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is it Kingsman 3 he's signed up for, or a prequel film? Or is Kingsman 3 a prequel?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Is it Kingsman 3 he's signed up for, or a prequel film? Or is Kingsman 3 a prequel?
    Kingsman 3 and the Prequel film are separate ones. They're going to shoot back-to-back.
    Kingsman 3 and the Prequel film are separate ones. They're going to shoot back-to-back.
    I see, thanks.
    Would be an interesting move to see a new M. Still, we can’t rule out Fiennes just yet, especially since he could get a small role as M.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Has anyone on Team Scooby confirmed their involvement in this film yet? I'm just curious.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Has anyone on Team Scooby confirmed their involvement in this film yet? I'm just curious.
    Not one. Whishaw has stated that he believes he is under contract, but contracts appear to mean nothing in this business.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Not one. Whishaw has stated that he believes he is under contract, but contracts appear to mean nothing in this business.
    Thanks @jake24. It's certainly strange that they haven't said anything affirmative yet.
    Thanks @jake24. It's certainly strange that they haven't said anything affirmative yet.
    Rory Kinnear and Ralph Fiennes have films premiering in October and November respectively, I reckon we might find out by then.
  • Hopefully they go the Shatterhand/Purvis and Wade route because they spent all that effort and money into SP. Instead of taking the SF approach to re-reboot again, Eon can prove itself to be worthy of being able to continue a story while IMPROVING upon it unlike what we saw between OHMSS & DAF, LTK & GE, or QOS & SF, where the former movies had started something a little interesting but were never given justice with their latter immediate follow-ups. Sometimes the stories were barely touched-upon again.

Here we have the cast and crew from QOS and SP who are eager to return, ranging from David Arnold to Lea Sidoux to Jeffrey Wright....We already have the set up of how Bond wins the heart of the icy accomplished daughter of the man who was responsible for killing Vesper and being very elusive until found as a mere shadow of his former self, dying in vain.

...Run with the story for once, Eon! Own it!
    Fiennes is contracted for one more