No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

he does no work for years and then the minute his baby is born he can't wait to be out the front door.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I for one am happy for the couple.
  • RC7RC7
    DarthDimi wrote: »

It appears you didn’t get the memo.
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    The three years were wasted by the distributor haggling, we have no information on how Eon spent them.

And after B25 we have the same problem, the Deal with Universal includes only 1 movie
    Rain Johnson better not be directing b25 after he butchered Star Wars.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

It appears you didn’t get the memo.

Could be. Explain, please.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 2,107
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Rain Johnson better not be directing b25 after he butchered Star Wars.

I kind of agree. Not 'The Last Jedi' hater. But it was a disappointment and put me off seeing his movies. Even some that has a better reputation than tlj, like Looper.

Yes, I have seen it once, but don't want to watch it again. So, yeah. I guess I'm Rian Johnson hater. Don't want him anywhere near Bond franchise. Get Boyle back. Let him direct his own vision. Man's a fan and good director.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. Bond doesn't need that "Expectation Subverter" mucking up the works.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Did someone say Knives Out?

Not been around for a while as had a lot of stuff going on and continue to do so, but I cannot read through almost 3K of posts. All I can do is wonder what the hell is happening to my beloved franchise?????!!!!!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    2019 will be met. Shooting will be delayed until January (not a big deal since the cast and crew would have been assigned a Holiday Break anyways).
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    A James Bond page on Twitter claims they've heard rumours about Boyle and Hodge's script and that the story elements sounded very exciting. To tease, and then add no more is torture! Lol.
    The "small window" comment about Craig's availability for the Knives Out movie is a little bit reassuring I suppose. A delay for Bond 25 is not going to go over well. It just baffles me how difficult this whole process has been for them since SP.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 4,619
    peter wrote: »
    2019 will be met. Shooting will be delayed until January (not a big deal since the cast and crew would have been assigned a Holiday Break anyways).
    When can we expect an announcement regarding the new director?
    Will they even announce the director before the press conference? (assuming there will even be a press conference)
    Why will Craig be working on another film in the weeks leading up to the start of Bond 25's principal photography? Shouldn't he be busy preparing for his final Bond film? (excercising + doing what a co-producer of a movie should be doing in the final weeks of pre-production)
    A James Bond page on Twitter claims they've heard rumours about Boyle and Hodge's script and that the story elements sounded very exciting. To tease, and then add no more is torture! Lol.
    Link?
    Link?

Check out @jamesbondlive’s Tweet:
    Link?

How reliable is this account?
    Link?

I've followed the page for a while. Seems fairly legit.
    Way to rub salt in the wound :(
    I've followed the page for a while. Seems fairly legit.

They're definitely teasing with their tweets.
    Link?

Thanks. That's not just "a James Bond", that's the twitter account of THIS James Bond site. Here is the previous tweet:

1. I don't know who is managing MI6-HQ's twitter account, but why is he not posting these nuggets in this thread right after posting these tweets? (This isn't the first time they posted something interesting about an upcoming Bond film on twitter but failed to mention it here or on MI6-HQ.)
    2. Somebody please tell me EON hasn't thrown out Hodge's script completely and they are still going with their (meaing Boyle + Hodge) idea!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Link?

They're the administrators of this site.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Again, EON owns Hodge's script and may use it as little or as much as they want.
    Nothing says it won't be used, is gone, lost ...
    jake24 wrote: »
    Link?

They're the administrators of this site.

Didn't know that - thanks!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't feel that Daniel making a film this fall will interfere with the need for him to be before a camera for Bond 25. That comes later anyway.

I still believe we will learn some official news this month. Especially regarding the director. Happy it's September - this has not been a happy summer, in several ways.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Nobody knows here what that script contains so it's probably best not to get your knickers in a twist over information you are not privy to.

There are definitely out there who want to undermine DC and put all the blame at his door and judging by the hysteria from some on this board it's working.

Until anyone comes up with the facts on what these tweets are purporting to I'm going to look at these tweets as load of old baiting.
    A fresh, groundbreaking script a lot of people were excited about, a visionary director, the most promising Bond movie in ages... all (or at least most of it) gone...

I will never forgive Barbara Broccoli, MGW and Daniel Craig for what they have done to Danny Boyle and John Hodge. And I will probably never forgive Danny boy for not making it work. The only person I feel really sorry for in this story is John Hodge.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Until anyone comes up with the facts on what these tweets are purporting to I'm going to look at these tweets as load of old baiting.
    Again, these tweets were posted by the administrators of this site. It's safe to say they are huge Bond fans.

What's interesting is that I thought they have a relationship with EON. Aren't they undermining that relationship by posting these tweets? Maybe they already know EON is keeping the script and the "movie gold" idea...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,043
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Again, these tweets were posted by the administrators of this site. It's safe to say they are huge Bond fans.

What's interesting is that I thought they have a relationship with EON. Aren't they undermining that relationship by posting these tweets? Maybe they already know EON is keeping the script and the "movie gold" idea...

This falls right into your hysteria Panchito it's food to your ears because you want to be right.

Also we have no idea that all of Hodge's idea has been jettisoned it's merely speculation so until it's confirmed I suggest we calm down.

Time to go and have lie down I think.