No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I don't really think B26 or the future of the series after Craig is even remotely on Barbara or Michael's minds like it is ours. The task at hand is indeed B25, which their focus should be on.
    Same, I don't think that far ahead either. I find it a bit disrespectful to Craig to talk about the next film and who should play Bond next.
  • RC7RC7
    QBranch wrote: »
    I don't really think B26 or the future of the series after Craig is even remotely on Barbara or Michael's minds like it is ours. The task at hand is indeed B25, which their focus should be on.
    Same, I don't think that far ahead either. I find it a bit disrespectful to Craig to talk about the next film and who should play Bond next.

Have you read the article?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 13,950
    RC7 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    Have you read the article?
    I'm aware it's a bs article, I'm just speaking rhetorically.

Edit: Maybe I wasn't clear when I said I agreed with @Jake24 above - Babs wouldn't say such a thing.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I really hope one of the locations of B25 isn't Paris. I doubt it will be, but if it is I'll be extremely disappointed.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,588
    I really hope one of the locations of B25 isn't Paris. I doubt it will be, but if it is I'll be extremely disappointed.
    As we literally just saw it in Fallout, I agree. But that rumour was one of Cashley's, so we have no reason to worry.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    James Bond boss says 'door open' to black 007 with Idris Elba hinted as frontrunner
    https://esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a22685301/james-bond-producers-idris-elba/

With the way things are going Bond 26 will end up winning the new popular film Oscar without even being filmed yet.
    Three things:
    1. Elba is a great actor but he will never play Bond. Not because he is black, but because he is too old.
    2. Imagine that you are leading EON and have absolutely no intetion of casting a non-white actor as the next Bond. In this day and age, would you go around admitting it or would you go around saying to everyone that you are absolutely 100% considering non-white actors for the role?
    3. The next Bond won't be chosen by BB and MGW, the next Bond will be chosen by Christopher Nolan. Everyone who knows Nolan movies even just a little bit already knows that he will cast a white actor as Bond. Not because he is a racist, but because he is a traditionalist.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Radiohead didn't do Spectre's title song. Nolan won't be choosing jack squat when it comes to the next Bond.
    3. The next Bond won't be chosen by BB and MGW, the next Bond will be chosen by Christopher Nolan. Everyone who knows Nolan movies even just a little bit already knows that he will cast a white actor as Bond. Not because he is a racist, but because he is a traditionalist.

What makes you think he'll direct B26?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2018 Posts: 16,333
    I think I have a good idea. ;)
    worlds-smallest-magic-8-ball.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    Radiohead didn't do Spectre's title song. Nolan won't be choosing jack squat when it comes to the next Bond.

He thinks Nolan will direct next Bond with no base in evidence.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Well great. "James Bond" and "Idris Elba" are trending topics in the US right now. The worst thing about it is that people are sharing Esquire's article and not the original source - Daily Star. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/722149/james-bond-idris-elba-first-black-007-barbara-broccoli-luther-daniel-craig

It's the difference between "Antoine [Fuqua], 52, revealed Barbara feels “it is time” for an ethnic minority actor to star as 007 and she is certain “it will happen eventually”. He added: “Idris could do it if he was in shape. You need a guy with physically strong presence. Idris has that.” and
    "Fuqua discussed who might be next in the running with Broccoli, who's certain the progressive move "will happen eventually", with Idris Elba a reported frontrunner for the role."

The second quote is from Esquire which it ripped off from The Independent. The writing makes it ambiguous as to which person views Elba as the frontrunner. The former (source) article makes it clear that Elba is entirely Fuqua's input.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The thing is interviewers will ask her 'Are you considering casting a black actor as Bond? Or maybe a female Bond?' and having to be diplomatic BB would have to answer 'I wouldn't rule anything out. It's certainly an idea to consider in the future'.

And before you know it, they have a headline.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 5,185
    On another note, Fuqua would be a great choice as director, he's one of my favorite action directors. And why were they talking in the first place?
    Sounds like he was giving Babs a pitch for his Bond film, but apparently he's never heard of a fella called Ian Fleming. I think he blew his chance right then and there sadly.
    But since he's American he probably never had one to begin with.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    NicNac wrote: »
    The thing is interviewers will ask her 'Are you considering casting a black actor as Bond? Or maybe a female Bond?' and having to be diplomatic BB would have to answer 'I wouldn't rule anything out. It's certainly an idea to consider in the future'.

And before you know it, they have a headline.

I feel that's a politically correct way of saying no. There would be outrage if she said no.
    Idris Elba will NEVER be James Bond. Ughh what don’t people understand about that? His age alone will not get him cast as Bond
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I will never understand why people think it's time for a black or female 007.

I think the sense with a black actor is that you'd have to make a very strong case now for not casting an actor just because he was black.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Getafix wrote: »

I think the sense with a black actor is that you'd have to make a very strong case now for not casting an actor just because he was black.
    Interesting point. There would, ironically perhaps, be far more positive publicity as a result of such a choice. Massive amounts of free publicity, and perhaps very little of the controversy one could have expected some years back, just because of the times we live in.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    James Bond boss says 'door open' to black 007 with Idris Elba hinted as frontrunner
    https://esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a22685301/james-bond-producers-idris-elba/

With the way things are going Bond 26 will end up winning the new popular film Oscar without even being filmed yet.

I've defended Barbara in the past, but this is beyond the pale. Perhaps it's time they do think about selling.

Calm down she's just being diplomatic.
    Getafix wrote: »

Because his history and backstory created by Ian Fleming has him as a 30s male similar to Hoagy Carmichael as stated by Vesper. That's all they have to say in regards to keeping the looks and nationality as close to what was created.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Same, they're just idiots. Why would you push for such a thing? Especially a female. The character is named James Bond and is a man. If you make him a female character and name her "Jane Bond", that's not the same character anymore, thus you may as well make a brand new character. So why would you do that?
    Walecs wrote: »

Same, they're just idiots. Why would you push for such a thing? Especially a female. The character is named James Bond and is a man. If you make him a female character and name her "Jane Bond", that's not the same character anymore, thus you may as well make a brand new character. So why would you do that?

You don't. You just always keep saying that you will keep the option open to appease those who want such a thing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ralph Fiennes is touted for a main role in the upcoming Kingsman 3, which is targeting to start production in January 2019.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/08/exclusive-details-on-kingsman-3/
    Barbara knows she has to do something radical to capture the imagination of the public post Craig. Casting a POC as Bond would send shockwaves, stirring the very foundation of the franchise, much in the same way casting a blonde bloke did all those years ago.

But does he have to be black? Too Yank centric me thinks. How about a British Pakistani as Bond? Modelled after Imran Khan.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ralph Fiennes is touted for a main role in the upcoming Kingsman 3, which is targeting to start production in January 2019.

I'm beginning to think this man won't be in B25.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    jake24 wrote: »

God lets hope this isn't the case I love Ralph Fiennes as M and he was really developing his persona in SPECTRE why can't he keep his schedule clear I don't understand guess Boyle has no place for M in his idea
    Also I think those Elba rumors are nonsense if you ask me

God lets hope this isn't the case I love Ralph Fiennes as M and he was really developing his persona in SPECTRE why can't he keep his schedule clear I don't understand guess Boyle has no place for M in his idea

Unless he's relinquished to a Bernard Lee role. Here's you mission and now get out.
    That has to be the case @Last_Rat_Standing cause they won't just have Ralph in one film completely M then toss him aside

Unless he's relinquished to a Bernard Lee role. Here's you mission and now get out.

That's what i'm thinking...maybe Danny Boyle has had enough of the 'Scooby Gang' as well..lets hope so.