James Bond on Blu-ray/4K

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Ed83, same here, that's the only one I have. I've been thinking about getting a blu-ray drive for my Mac, but at the same time, I want a region-free blu-ray player for films that aren't Region A for some reason. If I want Bond on the go, it seems I'll have to cave and get a blu-ray drive sometime soon.
    Yeah, I think I'm going to get a bluray drive for my computer and rip them to an external harddrive and play them through a media player. Here's the one I have and it works brilliantly.

http://www.amazon.com/IncrediSonic-Ultra-Play-IMP150-Flashdrives/dp/B006FNCWSY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1386974495&sr=8-4&keywords=media+player
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Well, here I am in my cave, wearing my bearskins, and braving the Ice Age with my DVDs.
    Is there REALLY any necessity to get a BR player for my 26" TV? Will TLD REALLY look any better at that size?

-chrisUGGall
    chrisisall wrote:
    Well, here I am in my cave, wearing my bearskins, and braving the Ice Age with my DVDs.
    Is there REALLY any necessity to get a BR player for my 26" TV? Will TLD REALLY look any better at that size?

-chrisUGGall

If you get a blu-ray player and TLD on blu-ray, it'll look much better, regardless of television size. I have a very small TV I use when I go to college so I don't have to transport my big one back and forth anytime I make a return trip home, and the quality in visuals is very noticeable.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:

-chrisUGGall

Once you go blu-ray, you never go back.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Okay guys, #6 on my to-do list; BR player & Dalton's movies for it. :)>-
    chrisisall wrote:

Enjoy! They look great on blu-ray, as does, well, every other blu-ray I've seen, in comparison to DVD's. I watched OHMSS on blu-ray the other night and it looks fantastic.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

Enjoy! They look great on blu-ray, as does, well, every other blu-ray I've seen, in comparison to DVD's. I watched OHMSS on blu-ray the other night and it looks fantastic.

I've heard great things about the OHMSS restoration. The only Bond films I have in the format are the Connery films, and those early ones (the only ones I have watched so far) are to die for in Blu-ray. I about proposed the first time I saw DN in the format.
    Same, DN looks so fantastic on blu-ray, and the quality only gets better and better as the films go on. You should look into the rest of the films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Same, DN looks so fantastic on blu-ray, and the quality only gets better and better as the films go on. You should look into the rest of the films.

I still have to see TB in Blu-ray, and then after that I'll revisit YOLT and maybe DAF, if I feel masochistic that night. The next ones I'll get are CR and QoS on Blu-ray, but after that I don't care too much to get the others.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I still have to see TB in Blu-ray, and then after that I'll revisit YOLT and maybe DAF, if I feel masochistic that night. The next ones I'll get are CR and QoS on Blu-ray, but after that I don't care too much to get the others.

I had to own all of them. The quality is wonderful in blu-ray and I find enjoyment in all of them.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I had to own all of them. The quality is wonderful in blu-ray and I find enjoyment in all of them.

Yeah, I just bought the ones I watched the most, which are the Connery and Craig films, and after that I don't have much interest yet. If I ever see a collection of Roger, Tim or Pierce's films in volumes like I found the Connery films in, I'll pick them up, but I haven't seen any Bond films on blu-ray in my area for a while, much less collections.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,488
    They all exist, I do believe, I've seen a lot of them at Wal-Mart. I'm sure you can find them online for pretty cheap. The Craig one (which lacked SF) was only $12 or $13 on blu-ray on Black Friday week.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    They all exist, I do believe, I've seen a lot of them at Wal-Mart. I'm sure you can find them online for pretty cheap. The Craig one (which lacked SF) was only $12 or $13 on blu-ray on Black Friday week.

They even have one for Tim? I've never seen them, but that's great if it's true. I wonder how they split up the Moore films, as he was in an uneven number.
    I did a quick search and can't find one, though I know there's a Connery, Moore, Brosnan, and Craig blu-ray collection.
    I think it might be for today only, but Amazon Canada has the 'Bond 50 + Skyfall' blu-ray set on sale for roughly $93 US Dollars, which is a steal. Here it is, if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.ca/Bond-50-with-Skyfall-Blu-ray/dp/B00E98FYEG?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluraycom0c-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00E98FYEG&m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB
    I don't know where to ask this question so I'll ask here.

On Amazon.co.uk there are 2 listed options for the SkyFall steelbook. One new/regular and one collectible.

What's the difference ?
    dragonsky wrote:

On Amazon.co.uk there are 2 listed options for the SkyFall steelbook. One new/regular and one collectible.

What's the difference ?

Are they from separate sellers? It's probably listed as a collectible because it can be seen as a limited edition steelbook or something.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:

What's the difference ?

Are they from separate sellers? It's probably listed as a collectible because it can be seen as a limited edition steelbook or something.

Yes it is from separate sellers.
    I feel pretty old-fashioned in this forum as I don't have blu-ray. Is it really worth it or should I wait until there's a superior format to start a new movie collection?
    0013 wrote:
    I feel pretty old-fashioned in this forum as I don't have blu-ray. Is it really worth it or should I wait until there's a superior format to start a new movie collection?
    Blu-ray will still be around in the next several years, trust me on that. And yes, it is very worth it, especially since all the goodies (extra features) for a film are almost entirely exclusive to blu-ray.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    With DVD not completely phased out yet, Blu-ray has a long life ahead of it I believe.
  • 0013 wrote:
    Definitely worth it. I didn't realize what I was missing until I got mine.
    Thanks @0Brady, @Samuel and @Roger. I'll be considering as a new investment. The worst part is that I would began to turn my collection to Blu ray... but I could buy only high-class or favorite movies in Blu ray and keep DVD for everything else.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 20
    0013 wrote:
    I had the exact same feeling as you for the longest time, I really liked DVD and thought blu ray was kind of a rip off, but I can tell you from buying the Bond 50 collection it really is worth it, the picture and sound is superior to DVD.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,488
    This site has quite a few Bond blu-rays on sale for $2.99/film:

http://www.frys.com

The direct link was way too large to post here.
    I saw that deal Creasy, heck of a price. I think it is in-store only. I used to have a Fry's right next to me in Dallas, but I have moved. I would definitely grab some extras up if I lived closer to a store. These will go very fast though.
  • Anybody in the UK found Bond 50 on Blu Ray in any of the sales? Was gonna use it as an excuse to finally invest :-)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Anybody in the UK found Bond 50 on Blu Ray in any of the sales? Was gonna use it as an excuse to finally invest :-)

£69.99 in HMV, seems the cheapest at the minute.
  • Mallory wrote:
    Anybody in the UK found Bond 50 on Blu Ray in any of the sales? Was gonna use it as an excuse to finally invest :-)

£69.99 in HMV, seems the cheapest at the minute.

Whoa! I'm gonna order now. Thanks Mallory!