What John Barry score do you listen to the most?

1235»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    The Black Hole is a non Bond Barry score I listen to a lot It's great.

@Murdock Excellent choice! Every time I read a science fiction novel written by Asimov or Clarke, I listen to the soundtrack of 2001: A Space Odyssey, the unused score for that same film, and Barry's Black Hole score. It creates an excellent mood.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I love the main theme of The Black Hole, but Durant Is Dead is the highlight of the score for me. Now I'm thinking it reminds me a bit of Jack in Pursuit from King Kong.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    This is like picking a favourite child.
    Although I own all the soundtracks I did a 5 CD compilation of all my personal favourite tracks. Anal I know, but all in order of release!

I keep them in the car so I can have Bond playing two and from work!

The Barry score I've played the most is probably TLD.

I can empathise with the organisation of CDs! I did a similar thing with iPod. Had three playlists. One with all my favourite tracks in order of their significance to me - one with just instrumental songs - no title tracks. And the third an exercise work out playlist I stupidly called 'Gyms Bond'. It has all the tunes that get the blood flowing - OHMSS title track, You Know My Name, Bond 77, Golden Gate Fight, James Bond is back, Live and Let die and for that final push I have 'Dawn Raid on Fort Knox' - it has the building pace and urgency, I love the instrumentation used on this.

'Dawn Raid on Fort Knox' is one of my favourite Barry tracks!

I was playing it in the car once and my wife proclaimed, "This is boring..."

I almost punched her.... X(

I was lucky enough to hear it live performed by the MSO. One of the great Barry "action" cues.