• DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    zebrafish wrote: »
    EGBQGfoX0AA9wFM?format=jpg&name=large

Fantastic.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,629

That was taken from a poster I made months ago. Incredibly annoying by whomever to just decide to redo my work and claim it as theirs. Whomever decided to do this should be ashamed of themselves.
    Kinda tried to do a painted style concept.

nuyg1veka1q31.png

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @AgentJamesBond007 Sorry to see that, mate. Back when I made fan art for SF, I saw my own work being sold without my consent as a DVD cover on some dodgy website, as well as a phone wallpaper site. I was unable to sign up or even leave a comment on these two sites to bring it to their attention what they were doing. I had no choice but to sit back and watch others make money off my work.

Please, all artists here should take the time to check ebay now and then, because I see a lot of fan art posters there. Years back, I PM'd one of our long term fan artists here to tell him his SF artwork was on ebay.

@AgentJamesBond007 People are profiting off your work as we speak. Multiple sellers here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/011-007-No-Time-to-Die-James-Bond-Daniel-Craig-Movie-14-x21-Poster/264566352172?hash=item3d9962292c:i:264566352172
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/011-007-No-Time-to-Die-James-Bond-Daniel-Craig-Movie-14-x21-Poster/333437619604?hash=item4da26e4d94:i:333437619604
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/011-007-No-Time-to-Die-James-Bond-Daniel-Craig-Movie-14-x21-Poster/324014224765?hash=item4b70c0b57d:i:324014224765

a6681df7aa9.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/007-No-Time-To-Die-Cast-8-5x11-Signed-Autographed-Reprint-RP-Photo-Picture-Sexy/153764357323?hash=item23cd11e4cb:g:~0AAAOSw6WJd99e4

s-l1600.jpg

There's a fair bit of NTTD fan art on there now. Just type in 'no time to die'. Some sellers don't show the thumbnail of the poster until you click on their listing.

Anyone recognize their work here? All for sale on ebay right now:

s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    ab5898fd9e7.jpg
    27efb323c5a.jpg
    ba389237001.jpg
    a2210997f49.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg

And that's why I don't make fan art anymore.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    @QBranch can't you register it somewhere online so no one can misuse it?
    I always ask permission here or make my own (although i am terrible at editing photos) before using someone's fan art. Sorry to hear you aren't making anything new. Hope you change your mind in the future :)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    2 of those posters are mine lol
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The top one is mine: I’m fairly used to that sort of thing! :)
    @QBranch can't you register it somewhere online so no one can misuse it?
    I always ask permission here or make my own (although i am terrible at editing photos) before using someone's fan art.
    @Resurrection I'm not sure, mate. Most of the fan artwork incorporates official Eon images, so it may be difficult to register it. I reckon someone else here has an answer for your question.
    Sorry to hear you aren't making anything new. Hope you change your mind in the future :)
    The kind of fan art I make nowadays would be photos of my prop collection, where sometimes I photoshop effects or screenshots into the background to make it more interesting. One example here, some CR Montenegro props with Bond's heart rate monitor in the background:

https://live.staticflickr.com/7834/46315464024_73f29055a7_o.jpg
    Denbigh wrote: »
    2 of those posters are mine lol
    mtm wrote: »
    The top one is mine: I’m fairly used to that sort of thing! :)

Yours are the best. Very good work there, guys.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Sorry to hear that, but it’s more normal than you think. Throughout the years, I’ve seen my fan arts all over the world, EBay, China, and even on Box Arts like these:

To be quite honest, I’m flattered. It proves that whoever copied, they liked my work, they thought it was official, so...
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    What software do you guys use for your work please? I'm very impressed.
    Been using Photoshop for 11+ years, and there are tools that I still have yet to try. I have version CS6, and avoid the Creative Cloud.

Does anyone have a hi-res image of Nomi's character poster without the text? Cheers, QB

B25_DIGTAL_1SHEET_CHARACTER_LASHANA_UK.jpg
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    Been using Photoshop for 11+ years, and there are tools that I still have yet to try. I have version CS6, and avoid the Creative Cloud.

Does anyone have a hi-res image of Nomi's character poster without the text? Cheers, QB

B25_DIGTAL_1SHEET_CHARACTER_LASHANA_UK.jpg

Thank you. :')
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So I decided to put all the character posters together in one. This was slightly rushed so I apologise for the lack of creativity and for it being quite crap haha :D

ddq8lqf-578a2c5c-f4d5-4ab4-aa31-771a5e3a1e3c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGRxOGxxZi01NzhhMmM1Yy1mNGQ1LTRhYjQtYWEzMS03NzFhNWUzYTFlM2MuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.albHCRXXu3e0KN4cJ9okMZJpJJ8eDkWep37b3cz4mss
    Very well done, @Denbigh! Brilliant! Congrats, my friend.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So I decided to put all the character posters together in one. This was slightly rushed so I apologise for the lack of creativity and for it being quite crap haha :D

ddq8lqf-578a2c5c-f4d5-4ab4-aa31-771a5e3a1e3c.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkNWQwOTM4LWY2M2YtNDUyZi04ZTk5LTc3M2QwYWUzMTEzNlwvZGRxOGxxZi01NzhhMmM1Yy1mNGQ1LTRhYjQtYWEzMS03NzFhNWUzYTFlM2MuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.albHCRXXu3e0KN4cJ9okMZJpJJ8eDkWep37b3cz4mss
    This is dope af!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,769
    Aww shucks, cheers guys @Univex @jake24 :D
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

That was taken from a poster I made months ago. Incredibly annoying by whomever to just decide to redo my work and claim it as theirs. Whomever decided to do this should be ashamed of themselves.

nuyg1veka1q31.png

They also spelled "Fleming" wrong and so should be doubly ashamed of themselves.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Nice poster, @Denbigh. You could even try out a new title for that one.

e3323049b8ac8ad60bfd73e59e0caee246f12955.png
  • RyanRyan Canada

Excellent work. Reminds me of the Star Wars posters (in a good way of course).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks @Ryan :) and haha @Resurrection, did you make that? :D
    Well done @Denbigh =D>
    @Denbigh It looks Awesome. I'd like your permission to print this out and display it alongside my NTTD collection in April, with credit of course.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Sorry to hear that, but it’s more normal than you think. Throughout the years, I’ve seen my fan arts all over the world, EBay, China, and even on Box Arts like these:

To be quite honest, I’m flattered. It proves that whoever copied, they liked my work, they thought it was official, so...

Ha! That’s shocking!

I remember I once got my Quantum of Solace fan poster used as a pretend bus poster on the official CG rendered visual of the new London bus when they released that to the press :D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thank you @Resurrection, and sure go for it, @QBranch
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,305

nuyg1veka1q31.png

Without trying to take anything from @AgentJamesBond007 , I think that "commanderbond.dk" took the best elements of your design and made the final product even better ;-) (btw: no, I have no clue who is behind the commanderbond.dk artwork)

To be fair, he credits himself only partially. Anyway, the image was from a fansite like this, so I guess you can feel proud that your design inspired further creative processes. Kudos to both of you!

And really fantastic compositional skill there, @Denbigh !
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Is it already known when the winner(s) of the poster competition are announced/presented?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Is it already known when the winner(s) of the poster competition are announced/presented?
    March 11th. I didn't actually end up entering lol haha :D
    March 11th. I didn't actually end up entering lol haha :D

giphy.webp
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Haha @Resurrection, I've entered Talenthouse competitions before, they're very tough, but more importantly the caliber is on a different level. They want more artistic interpretations usually, and you can't use photographs in the posters so they have to be illustrated digitally or otherwise, if that makes sense. So for example, I wouldn't be able to use the poster above because it uses stills and photography...

...and while I do create those kinds of things, I just didn't have the time to sit down and do it cause it takes such a long time. But either way it makes sense the way they do the competition because the prize, among other things, is quite a good amount of money, and that money goes to 5 people usually, and you're looking at about $1,500 or $2,000 each. I've never won by the way haha.

This is my Talenthouse page by the way - if anyones interested and has a login:
    https://www.talenthouse.com/sean-turner