Nikki van der Zyl - Voice Dubber Extraordinaire

Comments

Wow, this is really an amazing thread. I'm honored to have had the chance to read through this mysterious collection of posts.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited February 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Well chaps where to start? Been away at some family do all day and came back to this!!!?! I feel like I decided to turn off the TV and spend all day playing videogames on the morning of 9/11.

Anyway lets pick through some of the bones.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Dude, I honestly don't know. As I have told people before, I'm not a computer wiz. Maybe a glitch in the system? I know almost nothing about computer code; I'm a typical end user. I simply hit the reload button, dropped a post, checked the 'Recent Discussions' list, deleted my post and replaced it with the one you quoted, hit the reload button again and it worked. Then I went looking for the other Nikki thread and applied the same manoeuvre there.

People should stop with this conspiracy attitude. The primary reason why I hardly ever replied to those accusing "y'all are on EON's payroll" posts is because I was utterly confused. Surely our members had found some reason for saying that, but I ever understood a bloody thing about it. I hardly know anything about Nikki vd Zyl to be frank, and care even less to be even more frank.

So is this it now? Are we done? There are enough loonies out there who think we never landed on the Moon. Well, I'm not taking money from EON, though I wish I were. So please put the pitchforks away and leave our women alone; hopefully, with a single button on my keyboard, I have silenced the angry mob. If another 'glitch' were to show itself, just PM me and I'll try the cure again: F5. If it works, great, if it doesn't, sorry, I'm all out of ideas.

And to those of you who seem to think that the mod team somehow tried to negate the existence of these threads: people, please, we do have a life.

Come on errr dude, I thought you were a man of science? How many threads are there out there and how many dont bump? Perhaps its really common and you have a long list you can quote which will cut me off at the knees? But the only two I know of both have Nikki van der Zyl in the title. Just a computer glitch? You are happy with that as a logical working hypothesis are you? Ok I shouldnt ridicule somebody's beliefs I suppose.

As for you all taking money from EON, I dont think anyone has ever actually suggested that have they? For a start we all know from the pitiful SP DVD release that EON are far too tight to do something as extravagant as spend some money. I feel with Nikkigate you are like the security guy at the Russian consulate in Istanbul in that this is classified far above your level. I genuinely believe your personal bemusement at why this happened Darth - but that doesnt change the facts, which are there for all to see and draw any inferences they so desire.
    Benny wrote: »
    Well there we go. If you knew where the thread was @TheWizardOfIce why harp on about it like a kid who's been told to leave the toy shop empty handed.
    I'll even announce it for you so it stays at the top of the recent discussions. (For a while, can't keep it up there forever. As with the elimination games that wont be up there for long, but are popular with a great many members.)
    So go ahead, discuss as you've always been able too. But I for one will not tolerate any of this bullsh*t accusation you seem hell bent on sprouting about mods being on EON's payroll, or any other mindless theory that we're supposed to be hiding from you. Give it a bloody rest.

Dear me. Is this really a post becoming of a mod? Not sure whether to laugh at this, flag it, send you a rabies injection in the post or maybe all three.

I will just note for the record that if said elimination games were so popular with 'a great many members' why did you feel the need to pin them to the top of the list via an announcement because not enough people (for your liking) were posting in them and they were slipping down the list? Perhaps less time spent frothing at the mouth and more trying to hold together a coherent argument might be the way forward?

NicNac wrote: »
    Bitching incessantly about being repressed is half the fun though @Benny. He doesn't actually want to talk about Nikki.

Indeed. When something so insignificant can provoke lunatic overreactions such as Benny's above then how can a chap not be having any fun?

But enough of this jovial banter. After over 3 years of controversy lets have a quick history of Nikkigate recap for newcomers and those of us who may have forgotten; after all now its been 'announced' so there is clearly nothing to hide here.

The facts are these it seems to me:

1. In 2012 Nikki was banned from appearing at a GF day event.

2. There was a happening between Nikki and Sir Roger Moore whereby he retracted a foreword he had penned for her autobiography.

3. There was a thread about these incidents in which they were discussed.
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3978/the-secret-bond-girl-unknown-artist-dubbed-the-voices-of-007-s-best-known-beauties-but-know-she-s/p1

4. Said thread mysteriously stopped bumping.

5. @thewizardofice created a new thread posing the question 'do we think there was foul play in the first thread not bumping?' which was swiftly closed.

6. The discussion moved to this second thread: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/105/nikki-van-der-zyl-voice-dubber-extraordinaire/p1

7. This thread then mysteriously stopped bumping.

8. When queried as to why this might be the mods either ignored the question or offered some vague and unconvincing explanation about glitches in computer code.

9. For 3 years @thewizardofice kept picking at this scab whenever he could because he is a petty and annoying prick.

10. A thread called the 'Great Bond Film Elimination Game' was created.

11. Because it did not seem to be generating enough interest @Benny 'announced' it which meant it was always at the top of the list.

12. Because he has no interest in this thread and is a petty and annoying prick @thewizardofice asked if it could be 'deannounced' and left to fend for itself like every other thread and also enquired why this Nikki thread could not also be 'announced' to boost its popularity too.

13. @darthdimi 'announced' this Nikki thread to show there is no conspiracy and free and frank discussion of Nikki is perfectly acceptable on the forums.

So what do we think chaps and chapesses? Lets take advantage of this new era of glasnost that we have been granted and open up the whole thing for discussion.

Why might Rog have pulled his foreword at the 11th hour? Why is Nikki so hated in the world of Bond alumni? Do we think there really were underhand tactics employed on these boards to try and suppress Nikki discussion or do we believe the grassy knoll oops I mean the computer glitch theory? If we do think the Nikki threads were tampered with why do we think that might be? Why do people react so defensively when the subject of Nikki is brought up?

(But please - and I'm deadly serious here - for the sake of the forums, make sure any theories you postulate are not libellous in any way as we would not want to cause any party to consider legal action against the site.)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm not going to waste my time on someone who can't abide by rules. And certainly has no respect. However I will say as far as the elimination games go I did announce them to gain interest after this was posted by a couple of members.
    Seems like, not everybody know about this thread yet, as there isn't too many different players yet.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was thinking that. I think we only gave 16 total, which doesn't give us a thorough ranking. Try to spread the word on relevant threads.
    Good idea that announcement! I didn't see it before.

• Wow you spent a lot of time on that Wizard. No one believes the 'computer glitch' theory, given that it happened not to just one Nikki thread, but to two. An explanation as to why Roger withdrew his foreword ( written by Roger himself) is given on Nikki's site, and it sounds credible to me. A bit before that, she had been made persona non grata in the official world of Bond, starting with the goldfinger day snub, and which then turned into a global snub due to her vociferous protests over that.

Even after all that, it's hard to know what came first; Nikki's ungracious attitude, or the Goldfinger day snub. I suspect that the latter enhanced (but did not create) the former.

As to the reason why the threads were not bumped, I suspect it's just an embarrassing story for EON (nothing more) and this was a ridiculous attempt to sweep it under the carpet.

I hope that's a fair and plausible summary.
    I'm not going to waste my time on someone who can't abide by rules.

Feel free to elaborate on any rules I have broken. I have not received a warning from any of the mods (including you old son) which I would expect for contravening forum rules.
    And certainly has no respect.
    @TheWizardOfIce why harp on about it like a kid who's been told to leave the toy shop empty handed....
    ....I for one will not tolerate any of this bullsh*t accusation you seem hell bent on sprouting...or any other mindless theory...
    ...Give it a bloody rest.

Every word simply dripping with respect - I see now how being a mod means you have to rise above such petty spats so you have my respect for doing that.
    However I will say as far as the elimination games go I did announce them to gain interest after this was posted by a couple of members.
    Seems like, not everybody know about this thread yet, as there isn't too many different players yet.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was thinking that. I think we only gave 16 total, which doesn't give us a thorough ranking. Try to spread the word on relevant threads.
    Good idea that announcement! I didn't see it before.

So if I create a thread dedicated to Mrs Bell or about say the snooper gadget from AVTAK that no one has any interest in I just need to get two other members to back it and it will get 'announced' so everyone can see it?
    Don't worry I'm only taking the piss Benny - dont have a benny (an old one for people who were UK school children in the 80s there!). I'm not about to start creating loads of crappy threads just to annoy you.

Anyway enjoyable as all this has been can we get things back on topic? It would be ironic if now it miraculously bumps again it gets closed down a week later.

Has anyone even read Nikki's book? Are there any fireworks in there or is it dull tedium of sitting in a tiny studio with headphones on day after day and occasionally glimpsing Sean Connery or Shirley Eaton in a corridor?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    There is no computer glitch "theory". I proposed it as the first silly possibility that popped up in my head because - again - I don't care! For years I've been receiving spit over these Nikki what's her name threads, aimed at the mods and thus also at me, while I never had anything to do with it, never cared about it, never understood it. So yesterday, after yet another insult from one of you, I did a short google search and found those threads immediately. Some computer stunt that was! [/sarcasm]

What's impressive is that so much milk has already been spilled over these threads yet since their revival yesterday, not much stimulating talk has graced them. So people, what are you waiting for? Here they are, your precious Nikki threads. Talk! Discuss. Make it good. Don't tell me I wasted those 30 seconds of google search plus hitting F5 twice... That would be a shame now wouldn't it, I mean, after several years of throwing nonsensical accusations in my face while I clearly have other things going on on this forum.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    An explanation as to why Roger withdrew his foreword ( written by Roger himself) is given on Nikki's site, and it sounds credible to me. A bit before that, she had been made persona non grata in the official world of Bond, starting with the goldfinger day snub, and which then turned into a global snub due to her vociferous protests over that.
    What's her explanation? Is it all a question of money?
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    What's her explanation? Is it all a question of money?

That wasn't very clear what I wrote. Roger's explanation is that:

1. Nikki's son wrote him a letter saying that there was stuff in the book he didn't think should be (the family's dirty laundry).

2. Nikki had kicked up a fuss over Eunice Grayson's book and wanted passages inserted which gave her credit as her voice. Roger didn't like this.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I like this thread, it resembles very well the race for the Presidency.

I have yet to decide who is Trump and who is Hillary :))

The entertainment value of this thread is priceless.

And who the frack is Nikki van der Zyl?? :))
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Everyone seems to think that all the answers to the Nikki issue is on these forums. Just google your queries and they will appear.

It's nice to think that the mods here are keeping the truth form the masses, but it's all out there if you are interested.

Well there we go. If you knew where the thread was @TheWizardOfIce why harp on about it like a kid who's been told to leave the toy shop empty handed.
    I'll even announce it for you so it stays at the top of the recent discussions. (For a while, can't keep it up there forever. As with the elimination games that wont be up there for long, but are popular with a great many members.)
    So go ahead, discuss as you've always been able too. But I for one will not tolerate any of this bullsh*t accusation you seem hell bent on sprouting about mods being on EON's payroll, or any other mindless theory that we're supposed to be hiding from you. Give it a bloody rest.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    There is no computer glitch "theory". I proposed it as the first silly possibility that popped up in my head because - again - I don't care! For years I've been receiving spit over these Nikki what's her name threads, aimed at the mods and thus also at me, while I never had anything to do with it, never cared about it, never understood it. So yesterday, after yet another insult from one of you, I did a short google search and found those threads immediately. Some computer stunt that was! [/sarcasm]

What's impressive is that so much milk has already been spilled over these threads yet since their revival yesterday, not much stimulating talk has graced them. So people, what are you waiting for? Here they are, your precious Nikki threads. Talk! Discuss. Make it good. Don't tell me I wasted those 30 seconds of google search plus hitting F5 twice... That would be a shame now wouldn't it, I mean, after several years of throwing nonsensical accusations in my face while I clearly have other things going on on this forum.
    Everyone seems to think that all the answers to the Nikki issue is on these forums. Just google your queries and they will appear.

It's nice to think that the mods here are keeping the truth form the masses, but it's all out there if you are interested.
    The moderators doth protest too much methinks.

Indeed @Scaramanga12 it's more mod posts telling us there's nothing to see here than it is thread now.

I don't really understand why it seems to be that the mods constantly feel the need to keep posting how it's nothing to do with them and there's no conspiracy.

Ok guys we get it. It was just a computer glitch, albeit one that was so easily fixable in could be done in 30 seconds but took 3 years for someone to do manage to get round to doing.

It's fine that none of you are interested in Nikki and that the whole thing is boring to you (though for all that you all seem to spend a lot of time in this thread!). The thread now bumps which is all we asked for from the start and I'm sure you have lots of other mod duties you could be getting on with so why not just leave all us conspiracy nutters to our silly theories?

@DarthDimi I would have thought that you would understand that the moment you sign up to be a mod you cross the line from being one of us to one of the establishment? I have absolutely no doubts that you do it for the right reasons just as I have no doubts that most football referees are decent blokes who do it for a love of the game. And despite my gratitude to a referee for putting himself in the firing line, without which the game could not take place, it won't stop me from calling him a blind wanker if he so much as gets a throw in wrong for my team.

The same goes for anyone who puts themselves up for public service so you really shouldn't be so sensitive about it and I don't think anyone has ever accused you personally (at least I don't think I have) of being complicit only in the sense you are part of the overall regime.

I thank all of the mods for the work they put in to keep us clear of trolls and closing down bullshit threads because it is an utterly thankless task. But then didn't you realise that when you signed up to do it?

Anyway at least now there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for all of us because I'm pretty sure in 48 hours this thread will die the natural death it would have done in the first place because not that many people (including me) are that interested in Nikki.

Of course Nikkigate will enter the lexicon around here as a byword for state sponsored censorship but that can't be really be helped at this point.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    not intending to party crash this satire in real-time but one simple question to the conspiracy theorists:

Wouldn't it have been much more easier and convenient if these Nikki threads had "accidentally" been deleted long ago by the evil mods?
  • That would have been much more blatant, not something you do when you want an issue to go away.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

@DarthDimi I would have thought that you would understand that the moment you sign up to be a mod you cross the line from being one of us to one of the establishment? I have absolutely no doubts that you do it for the right reasons just as I have no doubts that most football referees are decent blokes who do it for a love of the game. And despite my gratitude to a referee for putting himself in the firing line, without which the game could not take place, it won't stop me from calling him a blind wanker if he so much as gets a throw in wrong for my team.

The same goes for anyone who puts themselves up for public service so you really shouldn't be so sensitive about it and I don't think anyone has ever accused you personally (at least I don't think I have) of being complicit only in the sense you are part of the overall regime.

But you are so! wrong!

To be honest it's hard to respect anyone who finds it good grace to be negative about those who voluntarily help the commuinty along. There's nothing funny or cool about these comments, and I sure hope karma will come around and slap you in the face for all those people you insulted because they did something for the benefit of others that wasn't exactly up your street. Your reasoning is that of a rapist. Blaming someone else for your own misconduct.

So go out there and be a referee (and an honest one) or shut your mouth forever to anyone who's doing anything, voluntarily or not, for the greater good.

But you are so! wrong!

To be honest it's hard to respect anyone who finds it good grace to be negative about those who voluntarily help the commuinty along. There's nothing funny or cool about these comments, and I sure hope karma will come around and slap you in the face for all those people you insulted because they did something for the benefit of others that wasn't exactly up your street. Your reasoning is that of a rapist. Blaming someone else for your own misconduct.

So go out there and be a referee (and an honest one) or shut your mouth forever to anyone who's doing anything, voluntarily or not, for the greater good.

What is it about this thread that causes people to go mental?

I was just pointing out that people who do public service have to expect that it won't be appreciated. If you apply to be a referee or a traffic warden I presume the first day of training is 'the public will hate you'. If you go into the job not expecting that then you are pretty naive.

I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying that's the way it is. I shout at referees yes but the referee is a pantomime villain character and it goes with the territory. If someone shouting at you makes you go and sit crying in the shower with your clothes on then you're in the wrong job. Every single day the public moan and slag us off at work and 90% of the time I agree with them (I despise the cycle lanes for example) but it's Boris who makes the calls and so as the face of his policies we get the flak. C'est la vie.

There's not a single referee I haven't gone and shook hands with after a match and thanked becaus it's people like that who keep the game going.

As regards the mods here I have prodded them relentlessly over Nikkigate because it all seemed extremely dodgy and they are the face of the governing regime so it's them who have to face the scrutiny. Similarly with the recent instructions not to post any EON copyrighted pics or vids. Let's not forget that although there are a lot of people who put in a load of hard work to make this site run smoothly the fans contribute just as much to make this the biggest Bond site in the world so when something seems amiss we owe it to ourselves to ask questions about it.

But at the end of the day none of this really matters so I'm not going to lose my shit over it. Myself and Darth remain on good terms as pushing the atheist agenda is far more important and fun than bickering over non-entity Nikki van Der Zyl.

I guess we can't all be as calm and reasonable as you CommanderRoss. I need to take a leaf out of your book as comparing people to rapists is usually a fine way to garner respect.

The entertainment value of this thread is priceless.

I concur!

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    You're a card @Wizard. First admitting to making the life of public figures, volunteers, hard where it isn't necessary, and then giving them a hand and thanking them for their 'good work'. Sounds like you've got a superiority complex. As I said before: walk a day in their shoes before you behave like an ass. Oh, and by that I mean:

I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying that's the way it is. I shout at referees yes but the referee is a pantomime villain character and it goes with the territory.

Have you ever considered not taking it 'as it is' but actually taking responsibility for your own actions? Nah... probably not.

I guess we can't all be as calm and reasonable as you CommanderRoss. I need to take a leaf out of your book as comparing people to rapists is usually a fine way to garner respect.

I take it you're now sitting crying in the shower with your clothes on then? I never compared you to a rapist, I compared your reasoning with that of a rapist. If you can't tell the difference, It's time to go. (that, just as my opening in the earlier post, is of course a Bond reference. I put it in italics just to make sure, you seem to misinterpret some of my words here).

Odd, by the way, that you're slacking our good mods here, claim that's fair game, and start whining about getting flak yourself. Heard of the saying 'what goes around comes around'? Or am I utterly mistaken, and are you only allowed to attack public figures, not the ones who attack them?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nikki, we need you to dub some of these comments. Can you make them nicer?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,117
    You're a card @Wizard. First admitting to making the life of public figures, volunteers, hard where it isn't necessary, and then giving them a hand and thanking them for their 'good work'. Sounds like you've got a superiority complex. As I said before: walk a day in their shoes before you behave like an ass.

What have I 'admitted' to exactly? Slagging off referees? Yes absolutely. Anyone who doesn't do that isn't a proper football fan. It's part of the pantomime of the game but it's confined to the 90 minutes and afterwards forgotten. It would be water off a ducks back to any ref worth his salt so I really don't see what you're getting so excited about as you try to paint me as some sort of ASBO collecting droog.
    Have you ever considered not taking it 'as it is' but actually taking responsibility for your own actions? Nah... probably not.

I take full responsiblity for my actions but (and I know this will be a disappointment to you) my actions only extend to shouting when the ref makes a bad decision. If I followed him home and put a petrol bomb through his letterbox then I'd agree with you I do need locking up.
    I never compared you to a rapist, I compared your reasoning with that of a rapist.

Thanks for the distinction Chomsky but not sure the difference is as big as you think it is in terms of one being an insult and the other not.

Not that I could give the slightest toss. Feel free to claim my mother fellates dead badgers if you want I'm really not going to start flagging you to the mods. That's what mystifies me about people taking everything so personally. Who gives a shit about some guy ranting on the Internet? Then again who gives a shit about some old woman ranting in a book? But here we are!
    walk a day in their shoes before you behave like an ass.

Capital idea Sir! Perhaps I shall put myself forwards for public service? I'll start with PM and then work my way up. I can just picture myself sitting round the summit table with Donald Trump and Vlad deciding who needs a good carpet bombing.
    Nikki, we need you to dub some of these comments. Can you make them nicer?

Doubt it. By all accounts she's a right cow. And lest you forget it's her that started all this!
    Wizard please give it a break with these artificially harshened and abrasively phrased posts.
    And you know what is truly ironic about this? I'm on the verge of closing this thread for being constantly off topic...and wouldn't you know it, it's the Nikki thread!

And if that doesn't bring the conspiracy theorists out of the closet nothing will.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 9,117
    And you know what is truly ironic about this? I'm on the verge of closing this thread for being constantly off topic...and wouldn't you know it, it's the Nikki thread!

And if that doesn't bring the conspiracy theorists out of the closet nothing will.

Haha. I was almost just about to suggest that. There's precious little Nikki debate and that's because no one is really that interested in her.
    This is what would have happened naturally all those years ago anyway if things hadn't got silly.

Although closure is a bit draconian NicNac - there are plenty of threads that get more off topic than this has which don't get closed down.

I presume if you closed it there would be no objections if I started a new Nikkigate thread (as the other one got closed, also ironically, because that never once veered off topic) and it would miraculously bump with no problems now that we know how to fix the computer glitch?
    I'm not closing this just for you to open another one. So, as long as this one stays on topic it can remain.

I'll start...if Nikki was married to me would she be NikkiNakki?
    I'm not closing this just for you to open another one. So, as long as this one stays on topic it can remain.

I'll start...if Nikki was married to me would she be NikkiNakki?

Or you could take her name and be Nic Nac van Der Zyl which, to quote the great Jinx herself (something I can say with all certainty I've never done before), is 'a bit of mouthful'.

Just to clarify would discussing Nikkigate rather than Nikki herself be classed as veering off topic?
    What have I 'admitted' to exactly? Slagging off referees? Yes absolutely. Anyone who doesn't do that isn't a proper football fan. It's part of the pantomime of the game but it's confined to the 90 minutes and afterwards forgotten. It would be water off a ducks back to any ref worth his salt so I really don't see what you're getting so excited about as you try to paint me as some sort of ASBO collecting droog.
    Yes, slagging of referees and mods, claiming that they were asking for it as soon as they took the (more) public role. And if you're such a connaisseur on beeing a ref, why aren't you one? I'd love to see how you reacted if, any time you went to work, thousands of people were shouting you down. I think it's childish behaviour and a sign of stupidity. Oddly enough I can be a football fan without slacking anyone. Odd, isn't it? I can even be a James Bond fan and hang around these forums withoud slagging the mods. Increadable.

You're inclination that I'm actually getting excited about you is wishfull thinking however. If you complain (and you do) about my choice of words, them beeing too harsh, consider your own first. My tone is a response to yours, not the other way around.

Even on the internet it works better to just be kind to people, instead of saying 'Who gives a shit about some guy ranting on the Internet?'. You know, it's called communication and thefunny thing about it is, it's very important for human beeings. Even if it's thru more impersonal means.

Anyway, just to add a little of Nikki into the drama, same goes for her. If she'd been a bit more considerate to those around her, she'd probably have a bestseller, with Roger's introduction too. But alas, she was far too busy hiding her own shortcomings. Sad, isn't it?

Yes, slagging of referees and mods, claiming that they were asking for it as soon as they took the (more) public role. And if you're such a connaisseur on beeing a ref, why aren't you one? I'd love to see how you reacted if, any time you went to work, thousands of people were shouting you down. I think it's childish behaviour and a sign of stupidity. Oddly enough I can be a football fan without slacking anyone. Odd, isn't it? I can even be a James Bond fan and hang around these forums withoud slagging the mods. Increadable.

I don't follow the correlation of why being a connaisseur (sic) on beeing (sic) a ref would automatically make me want to be one? I know and understand the laws of the game and sometimes I disagree with the ref. But I derive much more enjoyment playing than standing there implementing said laws so a career as a ref is something I have no interest in. And here's some news for you - yes a lot about being a football fan is childish and stupid but it is (or rather was) one of the few releases left for the working man at the end of a week providing for his family so who are you to criticise how he goes about it as long as he's not hurting anyone? I'd sooner have a stadium of people being childish than people like you sitting po faced not saying anything and tucking into their prawn sandwiches. If you can hand on heart say that youve never shouted at the officials at a dodgy penalty or offside then you are no football fan just a consumer of a product.

As regards the mods I've only ever criticised them as being part of the ruling regime which is something they signed up to do. I thank them and appreciate their work when dealing with trolls and spam but I disagree and consider it fair to hold them to account when I see something I dont agree with, and in my view (only my view - I can understand that some people are happy with the computer glitch explanation) questions needed to be asked over the whole Nikkigate affair. I'm sorry you can't differentiate between this and spitting vitriol in someones face and glassing them with a pintpot which seems to be what you are inferring I am on the verge of doing to referees, traffic wardens, politicians, mods etc etc. I should have a restraining order out on me to protect all public figures.
    Even on the internet it works better to just be kind to people, instead of saying 'Who gives a shit about some guy ranting on the Internet?'

Who am I being unkind to there? The guy I was referring to is me.

Anyway I'm rather tired of this debate (I'm sure you are too) and given @NicNac's comment above I dont really want to let this dull argument risk derailing the thread to the point of closure (you sure you arent working for the mods @CommanderRoss trying to divert this thread into being locked??).

Anyway, just to add a little of Nikki into the drama, same goes for her. If she'd been a bit more considerate to those around her, she'd probably have a bestseller, with Roger's introduction too. But alas, she was far too busy hiding her own shortcomings. Sad, isn't it?

Back on topic!!

Well none of us really know what went on with Nikki. Is it just that she feels disgruntled because she didn't get a credit? Is it that she had a big barney with Shirley Eaton? Or is it something deeper? Personally I'd be inclined to veer towards the latter but whatever she doesn't acquit herself at all well with more conspiracy theories than me about why she is being denied her place in Bond history!!! Any chance that someone could plough through her book (really can't be bothered myself) and see if there are any juicy nuggets?

PS -
    I put it in italics just to make sure, you seem to misinterpret some of my words here.

'Increadable'?, 'Connaisseur'?, Wishfull?', 'Beeing'? (could claim it as a typo if you didnt do it twice in as many paragraphs).

To avoid misinterpretation you might want to proof read your post next time:
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Nikki van der Zyl should be one of the most important behind the scenes people in the early Bond pictures. I didn't realize the extent to her dubbing; I thought Gayson and Eaton voiced themselves.

Anyway, it all seems to be – I done a quick Google of dear old Nikki, and perused this thread – a pissed off old lady, with a grudge against EON. A rather Sean Connery-eque form of not getting the recognition that she (feels?) deserves.

Still, if I were EON and asked to take sides between Shirley Eaton, the famed “Golden Girl” no less, and poor Nikki, I know which side I'd come down on.

Regardless, here's to Nikki voice dubber extraordinaire!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    An obviously talented lady, and part of Bond history.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Nikki van der Zyl should be one of the most important behind the scenes people in the early Bond pictures. I didn't realize the extent to her dubbing; I thought Gayson and Eaton voiced themselves.

Anyway, it all seems to be – I done a quick Google of dear old Nikki, and perused this thread – a pissed off old lady, with a grudge against EON. A rather Sean Connery-eque form of not getting the recognition that she (feels?) deserves.

Still, if I were EON and asked to take sides between Shirley Eaton, the famed “Golden Girl” no less, and poor Nikki, I know which side I'd come down on.

Regardless, here's to Nikki voice dubber extraordinaire!

Very well said.

Nikki's contribution is far more important than Shirley's IMO.

Jill could've been played by any blonde in a bikini. Shirley just got lucky to be in the iconic film in the iconic role. Could just have easily been Margaret Nolan who lets not forget played the golden girl in the title sequence and on the poster.

I can see how Nikki might well get the hump with Shirley lording it over her at various events.
    I thought about purchasing her book this morning, but I found out a few details that have me on the fence. On her website, she mentions something about removing 10-15 pages out of the book. I'm wondering if this is on the kindle version as well. Has anyone actually read the book here? If it is 99% Bond related I would make the purchase, but I'm hesitant to jump on it until someone can confirm if it is worth a buy.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited March 2016 Posts: 2,252
    The vibe I'm getting is that she got a flat fee for her work, as per normal, and when Bond became a phenomenon, she wanted in. And EON didn't budge and she got pissed off. I don't hear Vic Flick getting bitter for the few hundred(?) he got for the guitar riff which has been played time and time again

But yes she is definitely an underappreciated icon in the Bond world
This discussion has been closed.