SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's kind of funny watching all these people come up with these wild and different theories...when in reality, Blofeld is Oberhauser. The end.
    FTFY ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    antovolk wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's kind of funny watching all these people come up with these wild and different theories...when in reality, Blofeld is Oberhauser is me. The end.
    FTFY ;)

Sorry, I had to do a little editing to it. That's what I meant to say!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 2,015
    timmer wrote: »
    I'd have to go back and re-read TB. But I am not 100% sure it matters. What makes Blofeld interesting is not so much his past, not where he came from, but what he became, what he is- a monster.

But Mendes would disagree with me, and he's not actually wrong.
    Mendes, if he is going to be party to re-introducing an iconic character such as Blofled, is going to demand a dramatic and "worthy" back story in order to fully realize the character.

But all this, including the origin of the name "SPECTRE", has disappeared in the last rewrites.
    Wait what was the origin of the name Spectre
    Blofeld and Mr White's Foreign Legion commando was called "Les Spectres de Pierre". But all this backstory has totally disappeared in the last version. Now Madeleine speaks French because well she speaks French, and Mr White fears Blofeld because well he fears him...
    Now one could say the only backstory of Blofeld is being Bond's foster brother. I guess they had to cut time for the C character that may have been created at the last minute.
    So I am right in saying Quantum simply changed their name to Spectre.
  • You'll have to make your own logical explanation because none is given now. A mere few weeks before the shooting, Blofeld and SPECTRE had a strong backstory. In the script Mr White explained to Bond why he started to fear Blofeld, by telling him the story of his foreign legion commando that was killed by Blofeld, who spared White's life because he needed someone to carry the food etc... It would have taken a few minutes of screen time (you can't have Mr White speaking fast as you can see in the teaser...). Now : all gone. Lots of C political stuff though. No one talks about Andrew Scott, but he has lots of pressure in this movie : his scenes are boring and predictable in the screenplay, he'd better act good...
  • Spectre is the password Bond uses to get into the rome meeting
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All secret societies and dastardly communities are known by various names, official and unofficial, with different overlapping branches or command structures.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    I'd have to go back and re-read TB. But I am not 100% sure it matters. What makes Blofeld interesting is not so much his past, not where he came from, but what he became, what he is- a monster.

But Mendes would disagree with me, and he's not actually wrong.
    Mendes, if he is going to be party to re-introducing an iconic character such as Blofled, is going to demand a dramatic and "worthy" back story in order to fully realize the character.

But all this, including the origin of the name "SPECTRE", has disappeared in the last rewrites.

Not quite....since the latest rewrites are creating an origin story for Blofeld not as kind of 'oh this happened in the past' but as in he hears the name Blofeld for the first time in the film, he finds out he's actually adopted by Hannes Oberhauser like like Bond in the film, he gets his signature scar and look in the film. I definitely though agree it would have been very nice to include the foreign legion bit too...as a peek at the origin of the organisation more than anything else (all you need is that photo of White and Oberhauser in the legion somewhere, probably now in the safe room in the hotel)..while the October versions didn't have that sort of arc for Stockmann/Oberhauser so they had the foreign legion backstory, so logically makes sense they replace it with an origin story crafted in this very film. Didn't quite realise the significance of them doing that when I read the script before, that we're dealing with a Blofeld before he actually became the iconic Blofeld...
    You'll have to make your own logical explanation because none is given now. A mere few weeks before the shooting, Blofeld and SPECTRE had a strong backstory. In the script Mr White explained to Bond why he started to fear Blofeld, by telling him the story of his foreign legion commando that was killed by Blofeld, who spared White's life because he needed someone to carry the food etc... It would have taken a few minutes of screen time (you can't have Mr White speaking fast as you can see in the teaser...). Now : all gone. Lots of C political stuff though. No one talks about Andrew Scott, but he has lots of pressure in this movie : his scenes are boring and predictable in the screenplay, he'd better act good...

But Quantum is still named twice I believe right once By Q and once by Mr White. In the most recent draft.
  • Re: the trailer. Superb. This promising to be the best Bond in a long long time. Love the intro to Blofeld. Nice subtle reference back to Dr No and Connery's introduction.

I'm fine with some of the backstory out of this film. If this is indeed the warm up for a final YOLT/Shatterhand film, it will be nice to have some elements of the backstory saved for later. i really really hope Mendes and Craig will be back for the next one.
  • And judging by the Mexican Day of the Dead outfits and the LALD references I suspect the first gunshot scene will be a homage to the final LALD scene, a nice Baron Samedi skull shot!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 3,164
    Re: the trailer. Superb. This promising to be the best Bond in a long long time. Love the intro to Blofeld. Nice subtle reference back to Dr No and Connery's introduction.

I'm fine with some of the backstory out of this film. If this is indeed the warm up for a final YOLT/Shatterhand film, it will be nice to have some elements of the backstory saved for later. i really really hope Mendes and Craig will be back for the next one.

Now that I think about it, that's likely why not only did they decide to have the Oberhauser->Blofeld origins arc for Waltz's character here (and keep him alive at the end), but they nixed some of the backstory (specifically the Foreign Legion) too. Probably in that time when they redid the third act and Oberhauser/Blofeld's arc they thought about what to do for that final film in Craig's contract.

Also sorry I keep hammering on about the same thing but I literally only just realised that the handling of ESB here exactly the same as Mallory/M's and Moneypenny's introductions in Skyfall... Now that's a much better way to explain Blofeld/Franz Oberhauser in this film
  • luizeduardobmluizeduardobm Brasil
    i don´t know if anybody has mentioned but the diologue between bond and franz oberhauser from the trailer is not from that scene but probably from the scene where they have dinner. Am i right??
  • i don´t know if anybody has mentioned but the diologue between bond and franz oberhauser from the trailer is not from that scene but probably from the scene where they have dinner. Am i right??

No it is from that scene.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    i don´t know if anybody has mentioned but the diologue between bond and franz oberhauser from the trailer is not from that scene but probably from the scene where they have dinner. Am i right??
    I think we get dialogue from both the SP meeting in Rome, and from the later meet-up in Morocco - the dinner. It is Morocco isn't it, where Blofeld lairs himself?
    The trailer kind of merged the scenes, but there are two distinct settings in play here, I do believe.

Couple of questions I have re script.

1. How is it that Bond knows that Franz is not Han's biological son, that he was adopted and that his name is acutually Ernst Stavro Blofeld, yet Franz himself hasn't managed to figure this out? Is this explained. It must be. I missed it apparently.

2. Are we told how it is that Hans never enlightened young Franz as to his adopted status. Adopted parents don't generally hide this info from their adopted children.
    Again, I must have missed something. This couldn't have just been glossed over.

• luizeduardobmluizeduardobm Brasil

Thanks!!

• timmer wrote: »
    I think we get dialogue from both the SP meeting in Rome, and from the later meet-up in Morocco - the dinner. It is Morocco isn't it, where Blofeld lairs himself?
    The trailer kind of merged the scenes, but there are two distinct settings in play here, I do believe.

Couple of questions I have re script.

1. How is it that Bond knows that Franz is not Han's biological son, that he was adopted and that his name is acutually Ernst Stavro Blofeld, yet Franz himself hasn't managed to figure this out? Is this explained. It must be. I missed it apparently.

2. Are we told how it is that Hans never enlightened young Franz as to his adopted status. Adopted parents don't generally hide this info from their adopted children.

It isn't addressed. My impression was that Oberhauser was aware that he was adopted and that his true name is Blofeld, but he abandoned that identity and chose to masquerade as Hannes Oberhauser's biological son.
    My question is why are they filming at the Mexican temple ruins now? From what I have on file the PTS doesn't include any Mexican jungles or ruins, yet the second unit has moved there to finish filming the PTS.. or something else.

There aren't jungles in Morocco. Is there an amended version out there and I'm out of date? Or have they switched things up since the leak? I thought the PTS ended with Bond on the phone in the helicopter "CU on ring"
    But with "Stranger" instead of "James", in the screenplay. The line for the teaser may be a line made for the teaser only.
    Bond tells Ernst/Oberhauser he had a traumatic childhood experience before his adoption etc..., so IMO with such lines it will be clear for the audience E/O knows who he is really. I'm not with Antovolk on this one... :)

• JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    My question is why are they filming at the Mexican temple ruins now? From what I have on file the PTS doesn't include any Mexican jungles or ruins, yet the second unit has moved there to finish filming the PTS.. or something else.

There aren't jungles in Morocco. Is there an amended version out there and I'm out of date? Or have they switched things up since the leak? I thought the PTS ended with Bond on the phone in the helicopter "CU on ring"

I haven't got a clue. Very strange, this location isnt in the script.

They are not going to shoot the actual ruins. They are there to do areal stunts only I read.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    JWPepper wrote: »
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »

I haven't got a clue. Very strange, this location isnt in the script.
    It is possible that upon seeing these incedible ruins the script was altered to include them.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Perhaps the fight in the helicopter takes place now while it's flying over the ruins?
    But with "Stranger" instead of "James", in the screenplay. The line for the teaser may be a line made for the teaser only.
    Bond tells Ernst/Oberhauser he had a traumatic childhood experience before his adoption etc..., so IMO with such lines it will be clear for the audience E/O knows who he is really. I'm not with Antovolk on this one... :)

Fair enough :) but the transition of E/O's character is still similar though, his Blofeld identity embraced though by the end, much like the M identity for Mallory and Moneypenny for Eve in Skyfall.
    Perhaps the fight in the helicopter takes place now while it's flying over the ruins?

That's what I thought, too.
    Maybe Bond is flying out of the city and over the ruins into the sunset at the end of the pre-title-scene?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Jan1985 wrote: »

Maybe Bond is flying out of the city and over the ruins into the sunset at the end of the pre-title-scene?
    It's the most likely scenario
    Jan1985 wrote: »

It's the most likely scenario

Yes that is what I was thinking. I was told by another member (with sources) that suggested the ruins would play a bigger role.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is Mendes. The ruins must be a metaphor for Bond s life.