SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

Are there going to be any threads that don't use spoiler tags? I cannot open them.
    Not read the reports or leaks or whatever you want to call them? But i certainly do not believe it will be DC's last! [-X
    doghouse wrote: »
    Are there going to be any threads that don't use spoiler tags? I cannot open them.

Spoiler tags aren't needed in this thread, but people might still use them.
    I don't know why you can't open.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    antovolk wrote: »
    @bondjames I'll copy what I said to timmer in the other thread
    I don't think they are going to be necessarily hinging on Vesper/Quantum/Silva story to be resolved in this film outside of I guess references/mentions, this is just revealing that SPECTRE was behind this at most I reckon. This is what one of the leaked notes said if you read them again, they want SPECTRE to present a huge threat that's the main hook/conflict of the story instead of the melodrama, and I assume they have rectified all that in the shooting script.

Thanks @antovolk. That's reassuring and more hopeful.
    I don't have a problem with SPECTRE being behind everything even if it's a bit forced
    I just don't want them to dwell too much on anything deep or to push it too far with the meaningful stuff.

This is supposed to be somewhat lighter fare after all (one of SF's greatest attributes compared to TDKR that was released in the same year was that it was lighter in tone vs. TDKR that was a bit heavy). I have hope based on Craig's comments from some months back that the irony will return.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi guys.
    I googled "day of the dead mexico " and then i read that "Day of the Dead is celebrated from October 31 till November 02, 2015. Day of the Dead (Spanish: Día de Muertos) is a Mexican holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures.." so this means that for real "context" footage they already had to shoot this year .. right?
    Can you guys define a time/locations line for the movie?
    Clearly the PTS is going to be set in México. Then apparently they track Bond in Austria. Only after he goes into Morocco. The doubt i have is that if the Rome scenes are going to be the climatic ones or will happen before the Morocco ones?
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,164
    Guessing before Austria because one of the leaked "notes" has what looks like scenes in order from Austria onwards
    Guessing before Austria because one of the leaked "notes" has whay looks like scenes in order from Austria onwards
    Good point. To much info to process... I have to re-read them more carefully and start "taking notes"!! Long night ahead ~O)
  • I have read the Spoilers of the script notes and doesn't read like a Bond film and I would have though more from Blofeld. Concerned this is turning into a 1970's conspiracy thriller.
    timmer wrote: »
    doghouse wrote: »

Spoiler tags aren't needed in this thread, but people might still use them.
    I don't know why you can't open.

Because I don't have java enabled for security reasons.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    1970s conspiracy thriller? That actually sounds very good to me. Sort of like the approach the winter soldier movie took.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    1970s conspiracy thriller? That actually sounds very good to me. Sort of like the approach the winter soldier movie took.

There's a part of it that definitely does remind me of that, what's mentioned in the notes about the whole
    MI5/MI6 merger, "installation of cameras" the Nine Eyes thing

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »

The Winter Soldier was an excellent film. A big surprise for me because I did not expect it to take that approach after the first one. I'd be happy if SPECTRE follows in that vein.

I myself haven't read the leaks but based on what's managed to trickle through, coupled with what we already know; SPECTRE definitely sounds like an ambitious film in general and could end up being the best Bond movie in the series.

One of the posters at Cbn had this to say

"Right, I've done a lot of digging and calling in favours.

I've confirmed that these emails and apparent complaints about the script are from much earlier this year. The plot has changed substantially since then through six months of rewrites by four writers. 

Issues have been solved to the satisfaction of the Bond team and the studios. 

Of course, it's all down to personal taste about what they've kept, but trust me that it can't be as bad as feared"

Bearing also in mind with the reports that Mendes and the producers weren't happy with the submitted drafts, I believe the term to describe the situation was "polite turmoil" and then Mendes Apparently begging for Purvis and Wade to fix things and to also get that Butterworth guy to work on it, I'm inclined to believe and at least hope we all have nothing to worry about.
    well this is nteresting like i said we'll see what has stayed and what hasn't
  • One of those emails refers to "you guys," plural. Could that have been in reaction to Purvis and Wade's initial work revising Logan's draft?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'm sure this has come up in one of the other threads, though I didn't see it:
    Notice the "her" in reference to Blofeld? (page 113 note) Hmmmm.
  • One of those emails refers to "you guys," plural. Could that have been in reaction to Purvis and Wade's initial work revising Logan's draft?

It has to refer to P&W. It must be notes on their first revision. What is encouraging is that the person writing the email says some really positive things about the script. He (or she) notes that it is full of classic scenes and that the first 100 pages are terribly exciting. He does say that the latter stages (say the final 40 pages) need some work to tie everything together. But basically the writer of this email is raving about what a great job they did on this draft.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We will learn also that SPECTRE was behind the DAD script.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    And SPECTRE will reveal what was inside the suitcase in Pulp Fiction.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SPECTRE will not only be the last Bond film. it will be the last film, period! The film to end all films.
  • 0101000101010001 Classified
    I am going to keep clutching to the fact I do not trust the current Q, but that's mostly because of my personal love for cybercrime.
  • mdileo007 wrote: »
    One of those emails refers to "you guys," plural. Could that have been in reaction to Purvis and Wade's initial work revising Logan's draft?

It has to refer to P&W. It must be notes on their first revision. What is encouraging is that the person writing the email says some really positive things about the script. He (or she) notes that it is full of classic scenes and that the first 100 pages are terribly exciting. He does say that the latter stages (say the final 40 pages) need some work to tie everything together. But basically the writer of this email is raving about what a great job they did on this draft.

That's how it seemed to me.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 1,261
    The German "heute" news on ZDF showed a scene from Obertillach:
  • 0101000101010001 Classified
    I am so curious to Obertillach and the other scenes abroad. I wonder if Moneypenny/anyone will get out in the field.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    @tripaces...

I did see that mention of "her" in reference to Blofeld, although everything we know, or think we know, says that Franz is Ernst, and that he killed his daddy, because daddy loved Bond more, and then he decided to make Bond's life miserable, by masterminding the events behind CR, QoS and SF in his guise as the big bad of Spectre.
    I find this whole scenario preposterous, although the filmmaking process could very well make it more believable and ominous, and less about Blofeld being a spoiled brat with daddy issues.
    But it sure seems like a real leap from Fleming's original storyline concerning the creation of Spectre and rise of Blofeld.
    Mind you ,it is possible, that some of Fleming's background story could be incorporated into the evolution of Franz's Spectre too.
    A natural concern though, and its being raised by many, is that Franz's daddy issues not trivialize what Spectre is. The movie needs to show that Spectre is about far more than Franz's personal vendetta against Bond, otherwise I think it trivializes Spectre.
    If Bond does indeed kill Blofeld by film's end, that does dump cold water all over the hopes of those that thought Blofeld and Spectre, might be returning as recurring nemesis. Does not appear to be the case though.
    However, if this really is the end of the line for DC, and his tenure was just a 4 story-arc interlude, maybe a second soft re-boot, could restore Spectre and Blofeld in a scenario, truer to the Fleming legacy, as opposed to serving the Craig-era obsession with Bond and his neverending personal issues.

Re the "her" as Blofeld, there is reference to Sciarra as bad Bond Girl, even revealed as Irma Bunt. Bellucci as Bunt :)) That's a real stretch. Fleming took great delight in describing how ugly Bunt was, especially in the pages of YOLT.
    And even in OHMSS movie, Lazenby as Hilary Bray, prattles on about swollen bunting or some such, in reference to her lineage, which was a clear shot at her bunt like appearance.
    But in SP, Bunt is to be a looker, worthy of Bellucci?!
    I don't think I could keep a straight face if Bellucci ever reveals herself to be Irma Bunt.
    What's down the line I wonder, Rosa Klebb played by Miss World runner-up? :x
  • Reading Blofelds reason for events in CR, QOFS and SF is because his father loved Bond more, is oh go on Jeremy Kyle.

What I Think SP needs is this.

1 Blofeld has a plan that is a major threat to the planet.
    2 Make Spectre a really sinister and twisted organisation.
    3 No more fights on trains.
    4 Have Bond attack a base at the end
    5 Tanner is not a traitor, as when we get a new Bond how can he be in them films.
    6 Oberhausan is not Blofled and on Bonds side with Mr White and they help Bond attack Blofelds base.
    7. Blofeld is an actor who has not been announced and make it a shocker who he is.

To me CR resembled a Bond Film, QOFS tried to and SF although good and it was a risk slightly did. For me DC has brought personal issues into it and SP is Jeremy Kyle.

EON need to bring back the elements we recognise with Bond and set the standard for the next Bond if DC hangs up his Walther. I would like DC to make SP a classic and return for Bond 24, because if SP concludes as we have read It makes it hard to introduce a new Bond and I don't think we really need a reboot. Thus, in Batman V Superman Batman is Batman as we know how he started out as Batman.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 11,139
    In principle this is bull crap. Firstly, I don't really care about Blofeld or spectre being a recurring nemesis, I can take it or leave it. As for the daddy issues, that's beyond petty unless Franz was abused as a child or something and orchestrating the events if CR? I actually hope this is true just so I can see how they explain that one, it's more preposterous than all those coincidences with Silva and his god - like timing. Bellucci isn't going to be Bunt, she - ll just be an older sexy femme fatale. As for a reboot, I don't see that happening at all. Craig will at the very least complete his 5 movies and if he doesn't come back for a 6th they'll recast and just continue telling stories but in all honesty, I think things have been blown WAY out of proportion. The real shocker which was rightly dealt with quite some time ago is, Logan's ridiculous screenplay. Anyway, SPECTRE should be at the very least a good movie but it's definitely going to be interesting.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    SP could very well be a good movie. I don't like what they are doing, but that should be no schock.
    I was hoping we could get back to Bond-on-mission, minus personal drama.
    I won't say that concept was actually teased at the end of SF, but the way SF ended, certainly suggests it was possible, but it's not going to happen with the Mendes-Craig combo.
    Clearly they want to do another SF-type film, with thematic threads and personal journey drama.
    So that's that. Not my preference, but they could still make a solid entertaining film, and they probably will.

It does seem whatever Logan churned out originally has been reeled in.
    It does seem that whatever wacko thing he had done with Tanner for example has been curbed.
    Felix Leiter I don't believe has any role to play, although it does seem that he did in early drafts.
    I think we still have the general Logan story, but minus some of the more radical character twists.
    I think P&W were brought in just to polish the script and make it more Bondian.
    I think higher-ups, are the ones that reeled in Logan's original story.

This 4-movie story arc, that we look to be getting would be the perfect goodbye for Craig, followed by soft re-launch with a new actor, however nothing says DC couldn't come back for one or two more movies.
    Old dog could be lured out of retirement and given a new gun, if they can't find the one he tossed in the river. The drama potential is endless.

Personally, I find this whole new SP concept to be a big waste of the inconic organization.
    I would personally cheer for another post-Craig re-boot ( no origins this time-just dive in like DN did, and CR novel did) and work back Spectre and Ernst as recurring villains, as many had hoped, as opposed to Ernst as one-off.

The Craig-era could simply be looked at as an alternative-take interlude in the broader Bond canon. That may be the way we see things, looking back in 40 years.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Page 3 (Oct notes 2) http://m.imgur.com/GmI1Ral

Not sure who wrote this, but the all caps and spelling make me dubious as to it being accurate.
    Big grain of salt for these 'leaks'.