SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

Comments

• does anyone have the link to more lines of the script? All the best
  • Here it is :

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    alex007 wrote: »
    does anyone have the link to more lines of the script? All the best
    No we don't, but if you want to discuss any other aspects of the Bond series then please do so.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Also, one hypothesis about the trailer :
    Madeleine's first dialog with Bond enables to create a trailer that will re-enact the Skyfall trailer with the psychiatrist. So I bet we'll see it in the first trailer, what do you think ?

As long as they use the thumping music from the first teaser trailer for SF or something like it, and have something as iconic as 'the Hitchcock fall', I'm all for anything they put in the SP teaser.

PS:
    It's my understanding that the 3rd act of the Nov 9th leaked shooting outline is going to be rewritten/has been rewritten by Butterworth. Is that so, or is the leaked shooting outline pretty much it, including the 3rd act? I think I saw somewhere that Bab's told Amy Pascal the 3rd act was being rewritten as of Nov 9th
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I've now seen a outline of film but not a screenplay and things are looking a lot better.

I now think those thinking this Craig's last have jumped the gun a bit.
    Especially with the bit about ESB scars, this sounds more like the start of something as well as tying up thing's. Why keep him alive if you don't have plans for him?

bondjames wrote: »
    Also, one hypothesis about the trailer :
    Madeleine's first dialog with Bond enables to create a trailer that will re-enact the Skyfall trailer with the psychiatrist. So I bet we'll see it in the first trailer, what do you think ?

As long as they use the thumping music from the first teaser trailer for SF or something like it, and have something as iconic as 'the Hitchcock fall', I'm all for anything they put in the SP teaser.

PS:
    It's my understanding that the 3rd act of the Nov 9th leaked shooting outline is going to be rewritten/has been rewritten by Butterworth. Is that so, or is the leaked shooting outline pretty much it, including the 3rd act? I think I saw somewhere that Bab's told Amy Pascal the 3rd act was being rewritten as of Nov 9th
    the "shooting outline" is the basis for the rewritten script i.e. they outlined it first then wrote it. The leaked outline is closest we get to the real thing
    antovolk wrote: »
    the "shooting outline" is the basis for the rewritten script i.e. they outlined it first then wrote it. The leaked outline is closest we get to the real thing

Thanks @antovolk. That makes sense now.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    A few more thoughts about the mid-October script and the outline written a few weeks after that...

A few things I love:
    - The SPECTRE meeting in Rome. By far the best scene of the whole script. If the whole screenplay was as good as this scene, then Spectre would easily top Skyfall.
    - This song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAjgNc
    - As much as I would have loved a finale set in the Alps, I LOVE that the finale will be set in London.
    - Main title sequence. (Although I'm praying they won't use footage from the previous movies. If Kleinman animated the whole sequence in a similar way as the MTS of CR, this could be really great!)

A few things I like:
    - Mr. Hinx. Nothing new but this character works very well within the story.
    - Swann. Her character has GREAT potential, although in the mid-October script she still felt a little bit incomplete.
    - M does NOT turn out to be a baddie. They wanted to turn the new M into a villain. Ralph Fiennes fortunately refused (which makes him my new hero).

A few things I am OK with:
    - The car chase: it is fun but the gadgets lack imagination.
    - The MI6 crew: I like the fact that they wanted to give M, Q and Moneypenny substantial roles but their storyline is simply not that interesting. 52 years after the beginning of the franchise these characters (except M) are simply dead weight. And I never want to see Tanner ever again (he is one of the most uninteresting movie characters of all time).

A few things I dislike:
    - Too much action. 3 huge action scenes + the PTS + the train fight. They should have either eliminated the Austian action scene or at least made the PTS much smaller in scale. This screenplay clearly needs more character building.
    - Too many locations. Mexico City, London, Rome, Austria, Morocco. This is waaay too much. Imagine if everything in Morocco took place in the Alps instead. A hotel in an Austrian village, an Alpine train (instead of the one in the boring desert) and the main villain's lair up in the mountains! Moving everything from Morocco to the Alps would have been a HUGE improvement.
    - Pastiche. This screenplay feels like "Bond's greatest hits" and unlike CR and SF, it does not move the franchise forward.
    - Blofeld. Ok, they were still working on the third act during October and November but in the version of the screenplay I have read, Blofeld is not really interesting. He has a great scene in Rome but after that he doesn't really feel threatening and powerful. And why does he have THREE different names? The big reveal at the end (that his name is Blofeld) is terrible. I mean why should the audience care? I really hope they fixed this part.

A few things I hate:
    - The return of the DB5. WHY??? It was finally blown up in SF and they had to bring it back... Just let it go! (By the way, why is this car suddenly the property of MI6? Have Mendes and the writers even seen CR)?
    - Bond's car is wrecked again. I'm not one of those car nuts who hate to see a beautiful car destroyed. No, I hate to see Bond's car destroyed again becasue this is what always happens. It's boring! The DB10 should have survived the chase and this is the car they should have used for the last scene instead of the bloody DB5...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited December 2014 Posts: 4,043
    To be honest what we've got here with this latest outline greatly encourages me. While not sacrificing what the Craig era has bought to the series it also seems to be injecting some fun back into the proceedings.

While I supported the darker and grittier take I don't want Bond to stay dour, the personal angle is a given here with Craig's tenure and I'm not going to get critical of it.

I think it's an angle that might be while he still plays the role there and as I said in my last post I think this does not spell the end for him in the role, while they might park things here for a few entries down the line I still think we'll get another 1 or maybe more out of him.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    A few more thoughts about the mid-October script and the outline written a few weeks after that...

A few things I love:
    - The SPECTRE meeting in Rome. By far the best scene of the whole script. If the whole screenplay was as good as this scene, then Spectre would easily top Skyfall.

Agree with all your points @PanchitoPistoles, particularly
    1. The DB5 has been played to death.
    2. There appear to be too many chase sequences. I hope these are properly integrated
    3. The Rome SPECTRE meeting looks delicious. It's taking me back to three iconic scenes.
    -One is the Quantum meeting in QoS, and two others include:

a. the chilling masked 'orgy' meeting in Eyes Wide Shut with Tom Cruise and
    b. the equally chilling cult meeting in The Ninth Gate with Johnny Depp.

In a way, I wish this was the masked scene rather than the pretitles, so that Bond could mingle slowly and discover the diabolical plot more discretely. This scene does appear to be very moody and if done right, could be a killer scene.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Ok, now I'm gonna avoid this thread. Too much spoilers for me...
    A question for the ones that read the script, do you regret reading it?
  • A few more thoughts about the mid-October script and the outline written a few weeks after that...

A few things I love:
    - This song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7QzxYAjgNc
    - As much as I would have loved a finale set in the Alps, I LOVE that the finale will be set in London.
    - Main title sequence. (Although I'm praying they won't use footage from the previous movies. If Kleinman animated the whole sequence in a similar way as the MTS of CR, this could be really great!)

A few things I like:
    - Mr. Hinx. Nothing new but this character works very well within the story.
    - Swann. Her character has GREAT potential, although in the mid-October script she still felt a little bit incomplete.
    - M does NOT turn out to be a baddie. They wanted to turn the new M into a villain. Ralph Fiennes fortunately refused (which makes him my new hero).

A few things I am OK with:
    - The car chase: it is fun but the gadgets lack imagination.
    - The MI6 crew: I like the fact that they wanted to give M, Q and Moneypenny substantial roles but their storyline is simply not that interesting. 52 years after the beginning of the franchise these characters (except M) are simply dead weight. And I never want to see Tanner ever again (he is one of the most uninteresting movie characters of all time).

A few things I dislike:
    - Too much action. 3 huge action scenes + the PTS + the train fight. They should have either eliminated the Austian action scene or at least made the PTS much smaller in scale. This screenplay clearly needs more character building.
    - Too many locations. Mexico City, London, Rome, Austria, Morocco. This is waaay too much. Imagine if everything in Morocco took place in the Alps instead. A hotel in an Austrian village, an Alpine train (instead of the one in the boring desert) and the main villain's lair up in the mountains! Moving everything from Morocco to the Alps would have been a HUGE improvement.
    - Pastiche. This screenplay feels like "Bond's greatest hits" and unlike CR and SF, it does not move the franchise forward.
    - Blofeld. Ok, they were still working on the third act during October and November but in the version of the screenplay I have read, Blofeld is not really interesting. He has a great scene in Rome but after that he doesn't really feel threatening and powerful. And why does he have THREE different names? The big reveal at the end (that his name is Blofeld) is terrible. I mean why should the audience care? I really hope they fixed this part.

A few things I hate:
    - The return of the DB5. WHY??? It was finally blown up in SF and they had to bring it back... Just let it go! (By the way, why is this car suddenly the property of MI6? Have Mendes and the writers even seen CR)?
    - Bond's car is wrecked again. I'm not one of those car nuts who hate to see a beautiful car destroyed. No, I hate to see Bond's car destroyed again becasue this is what always happens. It's boring! The DB10 should have survived the chase and this is the car they should have used for the last scene instead of the bloody DB5...

Where did you get all this info? Could you send me the links for the files. Kind regards. Alex

• Where did you get all this info @PanchitoPistoles Could you send me the links for the files. Kind regards. Alex
    JWPepper wrote: »

Not at all. I read a shooting outline and it's only whetted my appetite for the movie. It's good to see where they're going with this. In fact, to some extent, it's reassuring. As @Suivez_ce_parachute perfectly stated elsewhere, it's like I've read the novel and now I'm waiting for the adaptation.

PS: This is a spoiler thread after all. Visit at your peril.
    @alex007 Sorry, I'm not sending links to anyone as I do not want to get into trouble. If you really do want to find the screenplay, then you will. It's not that difficult to find it.
    @JWPepper No, I do not regret reading it.
  • @PanchitoPistoles
    Can you send me an email? I can send you a private message if you want to ?. :-) All the best
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    @alex007 Sorry but no, and I do not even have a link leading to the screenplay anyway. Also, signing up just to ask for the screenplay is a little bit tacky...
  • @PanchitoPistoles where did you then find it. Can you at least tell me a starting point, so I can find it myself. Thank you in advance.
  • Guys where do you get the info for the posts = the link for the script/screenplay
  • @PanchitoPistoles
    I understand, sorry for hassling you to much I will bring down a step. Sorry again.

I hope we can continue a fair relationship and that we can communicate via the blogs.

Could you please tell me how the schedule goes for the film. Example: First Act: Austria, Second Act: Morocco, etc. I mean can you tell when which location will be seen in the film. All the best again. Alex
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks for all those delicious details, North Korea. Looking forward to this film more than ever.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    test
    alex007 wrote: »
    @PanchitoPistoles
    I understand, sorry for hassling you to much I will bring down a step. Sorry again.

I hope we can continue a fair relationship and that we can communicate via the blogs.

Could you please tell me how the schedule goes for the film. Example: First Act: Austria, Second Act: Morocco, etc. I mean can you tell when which location will be seen in the film. All the best again. Alex

Here goes
    México City (PTS) - Titles - London - Rome (major action scene: car chase) - Austria (major action scene: plane agains cars) - Morocco (fight in train + villains lair destruction) - London (finale - Mi6)
    . cheers
  • @Mi6LisbonBranch Where do you get all this info?

To be honest: not a bit! Now the wait will be easier to bare! And dont worry in November 2015 you will be trully happy! With the exceptional creative team behind the movie you can prepare for Bond at its best. Trully Epic.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Give my regards to Kim.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.

To be honest: not a bit! Now the wait will be easier to bare! And dont worry in November 2015 you will be trully happy! With the exceptional creative team behind the movie you can prepare for Bond at its best. Trully Epic.

Thanks for the answers!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Here it is :

that is funny! And even more so as answer to the question asked. :))
    Regarding the Austria scenes...
    If i got it right the IceQ mountain restaurant will double for the clinic, only acessible by plane/helicopter or cable car. Right?
    Then here we have another "homage" to the past movies - OHMSS Pizz Gloria.
    Basically the movie has "references" to Bond Movies from start to finish.
    This is risky. With Same Mendes i am confidente that everything will work fine, with other diretor could feel, like @PanchitoPistoles said, too Pastiche.

timmer wrote: »
    Here it is :

that is funny! And even more so as answer to the question asked. :))

Holy crap! Seth Myers HAS seen the script. Cheeky bugger.