There Is Something Fishy About The New DB10 (Potential Spoilers)

Comments

• Would be cool... :)
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    ohlala .. this is getting .. (even more) interesting....!! It seems a lot of speculation and i am not that convinced but hell yes .. it would be cool.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    To be honest, I hope not. That was one of the most iconic pieces of Bond movie history, and executed to absolute perfection in TSWLM. It's best not to be touched.

If they want, they should deal with the flying car, which was horribly done in TMWTGG. That concept is in serious need of a revisiting.

But please, keep the submarine car the way it was.....a beautiful memory of an exceptional time in Bond's history and a wonderful film.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Allow me to be the first in this thread to say "Keep that crap away from the Craig films!"
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I just want it to fly...
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    I think we can trust Sam Mendes to think a nice "Bondian" concept without getting into the DAD scienec fiction mode. I believe thay can still be realistic and risk a litle be more in terms of gadgets.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,166
    Wouldn't trust Gary Powell, who clearly likes to misdirect:
    From old SF-thread:
    Germanlady wrote: »
    @Skyfall007Fan rte radio 1 spoke to Gary Powell earlier and said there will be a DB5 chase at the end of #Skyfall #jamesbond
    If this is true, then we know at least one instance where we are going to hear the James Bond theme blaring away......for those who've bee clamouring for it, it will no doubt appear when the car starts to sprout its fins.

Just writing this took me back to Hamlisch's score during that wonderful scene in TSWLM when the car started transforming. Superb stuff.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Zekidk wrote: »
    From old SF-thread:

This is what Powell said back in July: "If Skyfall was Sam Mendes' way of getting his feet wet into the Bond franchise, then this one is jumping into the deep end." Source: the end of this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTH5D2FpVzg

That isn't a misdirection at all. I really doubt that quote has anything to do with the car.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    To be honest, I hope not. That was one of the most iconic pieces of Bond movie history, and executed to absolute perfection in TSWLM. It's best not to be touched.

If they want, they should deal with the flying car, which was horribly done in TMWTGG. That concept is in serious need of a revisiting.

But please, keep the submarine car the way it was.....a beautiful memory of an exceptional time in Bond's history and a wonderful film.

I second that !
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Zekidk wrote: »
    From old SF-thread:

This is what Powell said back in July: "If Skyfall was Sam Mendes' way of getting his feet wet into the Bond franchise, then this one is jumping into the deep end." Source: the end of this interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTH5D2FpVzg

That isn't a misdirection at all. I really doubt that quote has anything to do with the car.

Oh dear, someone must have been under some serious drugs to think that sentence had anything to do with a submarine car 8-}
  • Remember the Jaguar E-Type?

jaguar_e-type_open_two_seater_uk-spec_4.jpg
    article-1388354-0C222E2800000578-567_634x481.jpg

There are more examples of cars which bonnets basically remove the entire front nose of the car.

I think the reader....is reading too much into this. Moreover, how can you actually continue the "car chase" in a dark Tiber river? And how does it get out of the water? Moreover, Bond already admitted that the car will be destroyed in the end....

If I was a betting man, I'd say the car has a driverless function with a tracking feature. It's almost conceivable today with Google's car and distronic from Mercedes etc.

I think when he's in the chase the car is automatically switched into driverless mode, allowing him to do something (get out of the car, get into a fight, jump on to the Fiat etc.).

That would not be so far fetched.
  • Or maybe the car won't behave like Bond thinks it might, possibly because of a SPECTRE tweak in it thanks to the traitor in MI6 ? :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I really hope it's not another sub.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Interesting article but I after Q's quip about how they "don't really go for that anymore", that could be added into a counter-argument for it.

Of course they could add in a few quips that reference that line as a nice bit of continuity, then unveil the submarine Aston. On the other hand, it's been well done in TSWLM so something new would be nice
    I agree that Powell's quote and the hood panel missing are the weakest arguments. But Mendes confirming something funny about the car, multiple rumors of a crash into the water, them needing 10 variations or models of the car all seem to be decently convincing. It was enough to write an article on..