Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• RC7RC7
    smitty wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    timmer wrote: »
    I take full ownership of the word putrid.
    I hate this song. It is a disgrace that it was ever considered for a Bond film.
    I agree with those who feel that maybe it is time for Mendes to take his leave from this franchise.
    The song is sappy with a bullet.
    No words are too strong to describe the awfulness of this horrible piece of music.
    Art evokes emotion.

This song belongs on a Sam Smith record but in a Bond film!?
    Mendes has lost his mind.
    Oh well its only 3 min of the movie.
    With luck the song won't appear on the soundtrack, like SF, although in SF's case, I do miss that passably adequate song not being on the soundtrack album.

Very important that mortified Bond fans vent.
    It's cathartic!
    There I feel better. ~O)

#PrayForTimmer

You betcha I pray for @timmer. I pray that he keeps posting right through the SP opening as I can't wait to read his reactions. Nobody on this site has nailed "Poop on the Wall" better than him.

"Poop on the Wall". Currently pissing my pants.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    On the topic of bathroom puns, how about "Writhings in the Stall"
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Bassey's No Good About Goodbye was not made for Quantum of Solace. Arnold said he hadn't even finished writing it when QoS came out.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 1,068
    On the topic of bathroom puns, how about "Writhings in the Stall"

Nice, Bond having a bit of Pussy? ;)

Honor-blackman-pussy-galore-goldfinger.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great photo ! =D>
    Walecs wrote: »
    Bassey's No Good About Goodbye was not made for Quantum of Solace. Arnold said he hadn't even finished writing it when QoS came out.

Hmm. I treat that with a bit of scepticism.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 7,526
    Yes, and the reason I read that they didn't use it was because it wasn't finished, which aligns with what Walecs has said.

No Good About Goodbye is referenced quite a bit in the film score IIRC.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

Some might like this more traditional theme ? :D
  • Serious Bondage..!
  • ..."Writing (I)s On The Wall.."-This was more or less what I asked for. When it comes together in the film You WILL see it all in another light.I can tell You why.
    -the text goes like "How(i)s The Writings on The Wall" and it should be read; "How(i)s The Writings on The Wall (Nowadays?)"-an allusion to among others the writings on the Berlin wall..and also other jobs I was doing between then and now..
  • It is about our freedoms then and now; The East Germans embracing their freedoms, as for today´s lack of free speech and so on and so forth..
  • Now; They have been in my hair for the last five years, they are in my computer and
    everything that I own and cherish..The song aswell mirros that pain in its entirety..
    The writing on the wall is the symbolic addition of "James Bond" onto the list of fallen agents in the remnants of the Mi6 building shown in the trailer:

51FFB2E1-88AF-4AD5-9266-3422A2E50628-2987-000004D60A49D1FC.jpg
  • ..the result is the complete kaos that has emerged in the wake of these people hindering myself in doing my job!..
  • ..refugees from a war that could have been dealt with have more or less flooded Europe; this was and is my job-to see to that ordinary innocent people from any country had not to yet again leave their homes and whereabouts with nothing more than a few items and the clothes they wears.. last time that happened, the sequel´s of WWII was what the world had to deal with..
  • I think, that this song as well could be seen and work as a tribute to those unlucky persons that had to flee as refugees from their safe family quarters as innocent citizen's of their respective lands..of a war that they could not win as to the underlying reasons
    behind the same..
  • ..In my line of work, I have certainly seen war torn lands in the flesh, and almost nothing is uglier..
    @MyNameIsMyBond with so many double posts, it's still difficult to see what point you're trying to make.
  • If by reading my comments one by one, and after the other, You soon realize it has nothing to do with any double posting.Thank You for Your understanding(1)..
  • ..Yes, If I was not the best there is-I certainly would have had my name CARVED into that wall, that is the other irony!
  • ..among other name´s that of a certain ´Daniel Swingler´..
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
  • ..The Berlin Wall disappeared, so there can be no names on it, as it does not exist anymore..six month's after it came down there and then, I was there myself, walking the streets of Berlin, one of the spy hubs in the world, amazed that we had pulled it off,
    -and not even Putin would deny, what my work did to finally bring about the Fall of the East German Government..
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 97
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    "The fact you think the song is great unfortunately invalidates everything else you said, as optimistic and visionary as it may be..."

Haha, I love this comment.

"You don't agree with me so therefore everything you say is invalid."
  • -The truth is Insane; that is actually why we know it is the truth!-that is why wars are also insane as a matter of policy..! and our leaderships becomes insanely neurotic about
    listening in to Your private conversations..Good luck and Good night?..
  • -Among other insane actions, they tried to bring me down with the help of the taxman, pretending that I had such a tax liability, and debts on top of that, that would have bankrupted myself if I did not know the law and my rights-so they failed, as I could make the point that the debts was unlawfully attributed, so they had to liquidate their claim at once!-the tax matter is that they stole money from myself forcing me to pay a tax-liability that I certainly did not have by denying myself my rights as a common market citizen.Not even that was lawful..!
  • ..they could not straighten out their faces, so they have not returned the unlawfully claimed tax as of Yet..
  • ..so, they are not coming back for some more, I can assure You!