Rejected Songs & Official Remakes & Rare Cover Versions

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
    How could I forget Michael Ball's cover of "We Have All The Time In The World", which can be found on his album the movies. He later paired it with "Millennium" in his "Live From The Royal Albert Hall" concert album and video. No clip on YouTube, though.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
    not sure how many of you guys have heard these remixes, but they are amazing.. if you are a fan of Goldeneye 64 and Hip Hop, then you have to give this whole album a listen, as the entire album is music from the video game Goldeneye remixed with rap versus over them.. it's really well put together.. here are two of my favs off the album - which is called "Gold N' Fly"

"James Bond Theme Intro / Everybody Move" - Tech 9

"Facility / Holler If Ya Hear Me" - Tupac

Boy the rejected Shirley Bassey song for Quantum of Solace just embarrasses the off-key, silly version with Alicia Keys and Jack WHite or whoever that is.
    Not even close.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Why didn't they go with Shirley for QOS?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Boy the rejected Shirley Bassey song for Quantum of Solace just embarrasses the off-key, silly version with Alicia Keys and Jack WHite or whoever that is.
    Not even close.

I would agree with this.
  • man! what an end title!

bondsan wrote: »
    man! what an end title!

Whys was this not on the soundtrack CD?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    No clue ...glad for YouTube
  • I didn't really care for Crawl, End Crawl. I love Katie Melua's cover of Diamonds Are Forever.

• Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Hi guys i jyst found this on you Tube.
    Bjork and Arnold have a ry on YOLT theme song.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=oYdwTHy5oVk
    This isnt in David Arnold's Shaken and Stirred álbum. Pretty cool right?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Listening to the soundtrack to TOMORROW NEVER DIES, I do believe that the title song is superior to SURRENDER. It's just that K.D. Lang does such a better job with what she is given, where as Sheryl Crow comes across as far to weak to be singing a Bond song. Rather than placing SURRENDER in the PTS, as many have suggested, I would have preferred Lang sing both songs. And I normally like Sheryl Crow, I've seen her perform live several times.

I really like the title song for TND except for Crowe's vocals. I enjoy some of her other songs but here she is out of her element. The track would have greatly improved with a stronger vocal, perhaps by someone like Ann Wilson from Heart..

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Except Crow I think was involved in the writing.. I believe at least.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    I'm a massive fan of Guns N' Roses. Always been my favourite band and I'd have loved to have seen them take on their own Bond tune. However, I think their cover of Live And Let Die is excellent.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Excellent. Thank you......
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Lost Prophets - View to a Kill - as good as the original imho

Kanye West - Diamonds from Sierra Leone (not really a cover, but DAF is sampled heavily)
    Excuse me, but didn't we have a similar thread not long ago ?
    Funny ska version
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

There you are.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    bondsan wrote: »
    man! what an end title!

Though I do enjoy Crawl End Crawl, I have to say it sounds a bit like my alarm clock.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 45,489

I like how this Swedish drunk sings it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    David Arnold's version of OHMSS with a touch of YOLT. This is heard in the Propellerheads version as well but this is the unaltered orchestra version with no techno elements. This gets me in the mood for SPECTRE.
    Great piece of music. Has anyone done a full on Barry symphony of Bond songs?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Great rendition of the James Bond theme. Right out of the Roger era.
    Debbie Harry singing (or should I say running) Goldfinger :

I'm out of breath listening to her