Odd One Out

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 13,924
    Edit: pass!
    Both DN and LALD feature characters with a missing hand or two ?
    (Dr No and Tee Hee).

So,SP is the odd one out ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Both DN and LALD feature characters with a missing hand or two ?
    (Dr No and Tee Hee).

So,SP is the odd one out ?

Nope, that's not it! Interestingly, I was thinking of an Odd One Out like that before I ended up with the one I'm thinking of.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Both DN and SP feature eight-legged animals.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,279
    QBranch wrote: »
    Both DN and SP feature eight-legged animals.

Good guess, but this is not it.

In a way, what I'm thinking of does feature legs. It could actually be eight too, come to think of it.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Bond is restrained in LALD and SP but not in DN therefore DN is odd one out.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    SP. In DN and LALD both Bond and the main villain have a discussion whilst seated at the same table. Doesn't happen in SP iirc.
    Unfortunately, neither are what I'm thinking of.

All three films have something in common, but there's something about one of them that's quite unique. What I'm thinking of also features legs.

Another hint: What I'm thinking of involves something that we see in every Bond film, but also something we rarely see.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    LALD is odd one out since he doesn’t meet with M at HQ (whereas DN and SP do).
    peter wrote: »
    LALD is odd one out since he doesn’t meet with M at HQ (whereas DN and SP do).

You're sort of on a right track here, @peter. What I'm thinking of does not involve M, however.
    Okay wild guess coming...LALD and DN doesn't feature a scene with Q where SP does. Therefore SP is the odd one out.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,394
    In all three films we can see Bond at home. But only in SP the scene is without a woman he has sex with. SP out?
    thedove wrote: »
    Okay wild guess coming...LALD and DN doesn't feature a scene with Q where SP does. Therefore SP is the odd one out.

I'm afraid this isn't what I'm thinking of.
    In all three films we can see Bond at home. But only in SP the scene is without a woman he has sex with. SP out?

Oooooh, I'm tempted to give you this one @goldenswissroyale as you're so, so close, but it's the wrong one out!
    LALD odd one out. The only with Bond in his own bed (and with a woman in it)?

CtnWH4SWcAA0AJP.jpg

That's it! Over to you, @goldenswissroyale! :-)
    That was a great one (ok I like it even a bit more because I won). I think about a new round right now.
    That was a great one (ok I like it even a bit more because I won). I think about a new round right now.

Glad you liked it! (Hope everyone else did too)
    New round.
    1974, 1981, 1999

CtnWH4SWcAA0AJP.jpg

I thought for a minute this was an early pilot for Strictly Come Dancing?!!!! KEEP DANCING!!!!!! :-bd :)) \:D/
    1974 and 1981 had a Republican President and 1999 was a Democrat so 1999 is out
    No. Didn't expect that. I have almost no knowledge about american politics... It is of course another round about the movies of our favourite secret agent.
    Oh sorry I thought since you were mentioning years and not movies it was more about the year and less about the movie.

Okay take 2, 1981 and 1999 both feature Bond skiing and 1974 doesn't have any snow action. Therefore 1974 is odd one out.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

CtnWH4SWcAA0AJP.jpg

I thought for a minute this was an early pilot for Strictly Come Dancing?!!!! KEEP DANCING!!!!!! :-bd :)) \:D/

These two would have won the whole thing, Im sure of it!
    New round.
    1974, 1981, 1999

I don't know why I came to think of this, but here it goes: All three years saw the release of a Bond film, but only 1981 didn't have a Swedish entry winning the Eurovision Song Contest.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 4,394
    Sorry for the confusion. It is really only about the bond movies. But intersting fact @Torgeirtrap ! Both not what I'm thinking of.
    Bond pilots a plane in 1974 (TMWTGG) but doesn't pilot a plane in 1981 (FYEO) and 1999 (TWINE)
    1974, 1981, 1999 (TMWTGG, FYEO, TWINE)…

FYEO is the only film that features a Bond actor in his 50's the year the film was released?
    Again great answers. Not what I'm looking for.
    Both FYEO and TWINE feature villains who are presented as someone they are not. (Electra and Kristatos) TMWTGG features a villain who we know he's a hitman. Therefore TMWTGG is the odd one out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ok, wild shot:

We know who the villain is in TMWGG (Francisco Scaramanga)-- and that never changes. He is the villain. But, in FYEO we think Columbo is the villain, and in TWINE we believe Renard is the mastermind, but both were red herrings for the real villains (Kristatos and Elektra).

Therefore TMWGG is odd one out.
    peter wrote: »
    ok, wild shot:

We know who the villain is in TMWGG (Francisco Scaramanga)-- and that never changes. He is the villain. But, in FYEO we think Columbo is the villain, and in TWINE we believe Renard is the mastermind, but both were red herrings for the real villains (Kristatos and Elektra).

Therefore TMWGG is odd one out.

Great minds think alike! LOL