Odd One Out

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I like your idea @thedove . Smart guess.

Thanks! It's only smart if it's correct @goldenswissroyale ;)
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    It is smart ... but not correct I’m afraid, great thinking tho. A little clue: look at the ladies.
    Okay lets have another go at this...

LALD Rosie Carver is a double agent isn't killed by Bond
    FYEO No double agent
    DAD Miranda Frost is a double agent isn't killed by Bond

FYEO is odd one out since there is no female double agent.

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    We have to look for something that is featured in all three films but once in a different way. I.e. in this case, there should also be a double agent in FYEO but this time maybe that he/she is killed by Bond.
    Your idea (good effort as always) could alsoalsowork work if we count Kristatos as a double agent...in this case, FYEO could be the ooo because he is obviously not female...
    Yes, good try but as mentioned look for something they all have in common first, then decide which is the OOO.

I’ll also say it’s ONLY the ladies you need to think about in this OOO. 🤞
    Okay how about this...

LALD Solitaire is only known by one name
    FYEO Countess Lisl is only known by the one name
    DAD Jinx is only known by one name, though we do hear her surname mentioned when she introduces herself to Bond.

Therefore DAD is out as the leading girl does have a surname and the other two aren't referenced.
    Another good guess @thedove but not the one I’m looking for. I will say none of the characters mentioned are involved, and none of the main Bond girls are either.

I’ll drop a bigger clue in a day or two if we’re still struggling. 🤞
    B. J. Arnau and S. Eaton arecsinging the song while we can see them. Madonna sings the song but we can't see her singing. She has a speaking role instead. Hence, DAD is the ooo.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 2,426
    Well done @goldenswissroyale There’s a few ways you could have interpreted it - all established female singers who sing the title song and appear on-screen, eg I was going for BJ sings an alternate version, not the one that this heard in the title sequence. But your solution is just as valid so it’s over to you! Excellent work and well done everyone else 👍
    Thanks @Max_The_Parrot.

Here is another one:
    Three movies feature something similiar. Anyhow, once is the odd one out. Which one and why?
    The movies are: The second one with Eunice Gayson; the second one with Maud Adams; the second one with David Hedison
  • peterpeter Toronto
    How the hell did you fellas come up with that??? Good work! When I start reading these OOO discussions now, my brain plays twister and puts Baby back to bed so the grownups can play, LOL!!
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,280
    Thanks @Max_The_Parrot.

Here is another one:
    Three movies feature something similiar. Anyhow, once is the odd one out. Which one and why?
    The movies are: The second one with Eunice Gayson; the second one with Maud Adams; the second one with David Hedison

Only Maud Adams played two different roles?

Edit: misread a bit! Never mind this. I try again: only Maud Adam returned playing a different role?
    Maud Adams isn't part of the answer. She's only there to tell you which movie I mean.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    FRWL and TMWTGG feature bellydancers. LTK is the odd one out, as it features a bar dancer, but she is no belly dancer?
    Good guess @Thunderfinger but it's the second Maud Addams film which would make it OP and not TMWTGG.

I will go with:

FRWL "Bond" is killed in the Pre title sequence
    OP Bond is "killed" by an alligator
    LTK Bond isn't killed

Therefore LTK is OOO. This is a bit of a reach!
    Good ideas so far, but you have to try again.
    Maud Adams isn't part of the answer. She's only there to tell you which movie I mean.

Difficult one this!
    Something is killed by an aquatic animal in each one. OP = Octopussy sucks the life out of one of the assassins, LTK the sharks kill Killifer but OOO is FRWL - the fighting fish kill each other
    Very close @Max_The_Parrot !
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    thedove wrote: »
    Good guess @Thunderfinger but it's the second Maud Addams film which would make it OP and not TMWTGG.

Oops
    What about octopus ‘eats’ the assassin, shark eats Killifer but in FRWL it’s the fish that get eaten by the cat?
    Still close, but the answer isn't about eating.
    How about OP being the OOO as Octopussy has an octopus, the others have fish (sharks and Siamese fighting fish) ... I don’t think I’m there yet but it will do as a quick guess!
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,280
    Does the answer have anything to do about smuggling? Octopussy has her Octopus Cult smuggling organisation, Milton Krest has his smuggling scheme through his Wavekrest Marine Research, but in FRWL it's Bond who is doing the "smuggling", taking the Lektor decoder device out of Turkey on the Orient Express.
    Good ideas. Nice connection about the smuggling @Torgeirtrap , unfortunatly not what I'm looking for. Max is still much closer.
    ...but forget about the shark!
    All 3 films have a character with an animal for a pet, Octopussy has the octopus, Sanchez has the iguana and Blofeld his fighting fish, LTK is the OOO as it’s not aquatic?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Bond disguised/undercover as a crocodile (in his croc-sub), in Octopussy; Bond disguised/undercover as a manta ray in LTK; Bond's undercover as Mr. David Somerset, and not an aquatic creature, in FRWL-- therefore FRWL is the OOO.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Octopussy has the octopus as a pet in OP, Blofeld has the fighting fish as pets in FRWL, but the shark in LTK is not a pet, and therefore the odd one out?
    Again creative and good guesses. But noone has it yet. The scene with Blofeld and the octopus(sy) is right. But I connected these two scenes with something in LTK that wasn't mentioned so far. All three scenes feature the same thing but it is treated nicely only once.
    Just to double check it’s not the last suggestion on the previous page? The iguana did have a cushy number. If not, I need to get my thinking cap back on.