Odd One Out

Comments

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Okay lets approach it from another way:

OP we hear of Bond dealing with Octopussy's father in a previous mission.
    SP we hear about Bond's past through Blofeld and the whole foster brother angle.
    DAD we hear about M's view of Bond and Frost's view of him.

Only in DAD is the perspective non specific about an incident or past event?

I may be reaching, having trouble with this one.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    In DAD Bond says to Graves he lives to die another day,
    in SP he says he came to Blofeld to kill him, and blofeld replies with I thought you came here to die.
    In OP Kahn says Bond is soon to be made 'extinct'. Which would make DAD the O3 as there he's the one saying the other is going to die.

best I could do for now. I'm sure it's not right but perhaps it's a thought in the right direction.
    Okay in OP Bond is talked about in the third person by Khan ("he likes dice preferably loaded, etc) in DAD Bond is talked about in the third person by Frost "He's a double-o and a reckless one...) In SP Moneypenny tells Bond what people are saying about him. ( they think you are all washed up) SP is Odd One out as Bond is told what people are saying about him?

If I'm wrong @Birdleson maybe recap your clues and lets see is someone can solve this thing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is it the word assassin referring to Bond? In OP it is uttered by Octopussy herself, in SP by Madeleine. In DAD by Zao who is a villain, so DAD out?
    Zao gets assassinated by Bond himself?

Anyone else, feel free to chime in.
    Is it because Zao is the only one who specifies Bond is a “British” assassin?
    “Paid” is used before “assassin” by Octopussy and Madeleine. It is not by Zao, so DAD is the odd one out.
    Or is it that in OP and SP the line is addressed to Bond, but in DAD it is said behind his back?
    I was thinking about White’s line “...the word of an assassin?!” before Madeleine on the train. If @Thunderfinger would like to come up with the next set I’d be more than happy to turn the floor over. I never could have gotten it without the “assassin” knowledge.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I was thinking about White’s line “...the word of an assassin?!” before Madeleine on the train. If @Thunderfinger would like to come up with the next set I’d be more than happy to turn the floor over. I never could have gotten it without the “assassin” knowledge.

If you have something, be my guest!
    @Thunderfinger Very well - thank you!

DN, OHMSS, TMWTGG

All of them have something in common, but that same element shows how one of them is different from the others.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Well done both, I don’t know how you do it! 😉
    Okay @FoxRox I will give it a go. In all three we see some gambling. Though in TMWTGG the game is tiles and not cards. Therefore TMWTGG is the OOO!
    thedove wrote: »
    Okay @FoxRox I will give it a go. In all three we see some gambling. Though in TMWTGG the game is tiles and not cards. Therefore TMWTGG is the OOO!

That’s a clever guess! I’m afraid not what I’m thinking of; not gambling-related.
    The villain’s lair is a remote location - OHMSS is the OOO as that is on the top of a mountain peak, the others are both on an island.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 12,271
    The villain’s lair is a remote location - OHMSS is the OOO as that is on the top of a mountain peak, the others are both on an island.

Another good guess, but not it. You’re getting a little warmer.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Two villains have a special "natural" feature missing and one has more than usual: tip of the ear/hand/nipple: therefore TMWTGG = ooo
    Two villains have a special "natural" feature missing and one has more than usual: tip of the ear/hand/nipple: therefore TMWTGG = ooo

You’re thinking of something cleverer than I did! I like that, but not what I had in mine. You’re on the right track by thinking of villains in the films.
    The villain captures the main Bondgirl but he only tries to kill Honey, while he likes the presence of Tracy and Mary. DN = ooo?
    The villain captures the main Bondgirl but he only tries to kill Honey, while he likes the presence of Tracy and Mary. DN = ooo?

Nope. Think of the less major villains. Hopefully that doesn’t make it too easy!
    Kra is killed by Mary, Grunter is killed by Tracy. Honey doesn't kill anyone. DN=ooo?

Problem is, you wrote in the beginning that they have something in common...then this is wrong I guess. But all Bond girls are captured!
    Kra is killed by Mary, Grunter is killed by Tracy. Honey doesn't kill anyone. DN=ooo?

Problem is, you wrote in the beginning that they have something in common...then this is wrong I guess. But all Bond girls are captured!

Not it. I’m hesitant to give more clues beyond that it’s about villains that aren’t the main ones. It’s probably less complicated than you think. Kra and Grunter are not among the villains I’m thinking of.
    Last try for today (you don't have to feel foreced to give more hints only because I'm guessing a few times. I'm sure that others will try to solve it with your actual hints.)
    Nick Nack and Bunt surive, while Dent is killed by Bond...DN=ooo?
    Last try for today (you don't have to feel foreced to give more hints only because I'm guessing a few times. I'm sure that others will try to solve it with your actual hints.)
    Nick Nack and Bunt surive, while Dent is killed by Bond...DN=ooo?

You’re so close! Nick Nack and Bunt are a part of the answer, as is their survival. What’s missing is the villain from DN, and why one of the three is the ooo despite having survival in common.
    Ok, the really last try for today. Miss Taro survives, too. Nick Nack could be the ooo as he is the only male one. But let's try Bunt and OHMSS as ooo, because she is the only one that isn't captured.
    Ok, the really last try for today. Miss Taro survives, too. Nick Nack could be the ooo as he is the only male one. But let's try Bunt and OHMSS as ooo, because she is the only one that isn't captured.

Yes! You got it @goldenswissroyale!

Miss Taro, Irma Bunt, and Nick Nack are all henchmen that survive in their films. Bunt is the odd one out because she isn't captured / doesn't face any justice from Bond, so OHMSS is the odd one out. Well done!
    Well done all.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,398
    Cool, good round @FoxRox
    Let's try something different.

Bambi
    Gobinda
    Onatopp
    Necros
    Dimitrios
    Did they all like a good squeeze, apart from Dimitrios?
    Good idea, not what I thought.