Odd One Out

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Both of you are very, very close! You even thought about the right reason. But I have another movie as the odd one...why?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    YOLT is the odd one out, because Little Nellie is given to him? He forces himself into the other aircraft.
    Nothing with Little Nellie...
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,884
    YOLT – in every other film we see the wings of a plane get damaged/torn off. (LTK has that missile go through its wing towards the end of the film and the others all feature wings being torn off.)
    They are also torn off in LTK when Pam is landing near the end...well done @BondAficionado. Your turn. =D>
    Oh yeah. What I also forgot was that the plane in GE had a missile go through its wing too. Great round!

YOLT/OP/TND/CR
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Excellent! Here I thought I was so smart by thinking of the plane in LALD staying on the ground! LOL!
    thedove wrote: »
    Excellent! Here I thought I was so smart by thinking of the plane in LALD staying on the ground! LOL!

That was smart indeed. Mrs. Bell will never forget your suggestion.
    YOLT: No horses?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Damn, was SO close on that last one!

---

Only in CR does Bond not wear a military uniform.
    No to both.
    Snake references in all films but YOLT.
    All four films feature airplanes but only CR features a jet liner and an airport?
    Not what I'm looking for. Although you'd be right that all four films do feature the same thing, but one of them stands out...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    YOLT, Brandt pilots a small plane with Bond, uses it to assassinate him; Octopussy Khan also uses his plane to kill Bond; James Bond dives out of a plane in TND, but; in CR a plane is used to safely deliver 007 to Nassau.

CR is the odd one out?
    YOLT(chemical salesperson Fisher) OP (clown in the circus), TND (banker at Carvers party), CR (car jockey at hotel) all feature Bond pretending to be someone he is not. However CR is the only one where another person assumes he's the person while in the others Bond is actively playing the undercover role. Therefore CR is odd one out.

Nope.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    In YOLT Aki and Kissy are allies/lovers, Wai Lin is an ally/lover, Octopussy is a lover/ally (although on the wrong-side of the law), but Vesper is a lover/enemy.

CR is odd one out?
    Clue: It's to do with Bond and 'vehicles'. (No aircraft this time. :) )
    Bond claims someone else's road vehicle in all films except YOLT.
    Only three of the films feature trains. YOTL OP, CR ...TND did not have a train featured in it. Therefore TND is odd one out.
    Only three of the films feature trains. YOTL OP, CR ...TND did not have a train featured in it. Therefore TND is odd one out.

Nope, but a train in OP does have something to do with the answer...
    YOLT(chemical salesperson Fisher) OP (clown in the circus), TND (banker at Carvers party), CR (car jockey at hotel) all feature Bond pretending to be someone he is not. However CR is the only one where another person assumes he's the person while in the others Bond is actively playing the undercover role. Therefore CR is odd one out.

That's a great way of thinking. Like it. I try it with an easier answer: YOLT: Bond never drives the car himself
    I could use a small clue or hint @BondAficionado

All right then. I'm looking for a specific type of interaction between Bond and these vehicles. The specific type of vehicle, of which there are several, is irrelevant to the answer. So using "vehicle"* in your guess would be sufficient.

*a train (from OP!) being a vehicle too in this case.
    Thanks mate! Appreciate the help as I was struggling with the train being the commonality but I couldn't get that to fit with TND.

Okay based on your clue, is it that OP is the only one that Bond is seen climbing the outside of the vehicle? While in the others he rides the vehicles conventionally? So OP is odd one out?
    YOLT: he never jumps out of/from a vehicle to the ground (truck and car in CR, train and car in OP and car in TND).
    YOLT: he never jumps out of/from a vehicle to the ground (truck and car in CR, train and car in OP and car in TND).

Not quite, but you're not far off. Think about what is happening around him as (or why) he's jumping.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,378

Not quite, but you're not far off. Think about what is happening around him as (or why) he's jumping.

Well, he has to jump down from the truck in CR that he isn't hit and killed by another vehicle. Same in OP: he has to jump from the car to train, otherwise he would be killed by the other train. He has to jump out of the plane in YOLT, otherwise he would be part of the explosion. He jumps out of the car in TND, but it wasn't absolutely necessary (at least not that early). TND is the odd one out?

Well, he has to jump down from the truck in CR that he isn't hit and killed by another vehicle. Same in OP: he has to jump from the car to train, otherwise he would be killed by the other train. He has to jump out of the plane in YOLT, otherwise he would be part of the explosion. He jumps out of the car in TND, but it wasn't absolutely necessary (at least not that early). TND is the odd one out?

Ah close enough. The answer would have been that Bond narrowly misses being hit by a moving vehicle in each film, but only in TND is he driving the vehicle himself. The instance in CR was when he jumped onto the airport tarmac to avoid being struck by the loader. In OP it was the approaching train. YOLT had Bond almost get hit by a forklift. And last but not least, in TND it's the moment when Bond takes his BMW for a test drive and stops right before hitting into himself (and Q). Knew it was going to be a difficult round, but I wanted to see how far I could push this game. :)

Your turn, @goldenswissroyale.