Odd One Out

Comments

TB & B25 both have him wielding a speargun.

So OP is the odd one out ?
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    barryt007 wrote: »
    TB & B25 both have him wielding a speargun.

So OP is the odd one out ?

Good one! Had to think for a moment before remembering the teaser video. Unfortunately this isn't what I'm thinking of.

The odd one out came at the bottom of the last page, so to make things easier, here it is again:

TB
    OP
    Bond 25
    Both TB and B25 have Aston Martins,OP does not.

OP odd one out ?
    Bond 25 - TB and OP are scored by John Barry, Bond 25 isn’t.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Both TB and B25 have Aston Martins,OP does not.

OP odd one out ?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Bond 25 - TB and OP are scored by John Barry, Bond 25 isn’t.

Good suggestions, but neither are what I'm thinking of.

A small hint: all three films have something in common, but one thing stands out with one of them.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    All three have Bond girls returning, but only in Bond 25 does she play the same character.
    All three have Bond girls returning, but only in Bond 25 does she play the same character.

Spot on! Over to you, @Thunderfinger!
    Something a little different this time.

OHMSS, LALD, TLD, GE, CR

Two of these are different from the other three. (One of those two completely different, just to give you a hint. )
    In OHMSS and CR, Bond doesn't have a hand in killing any of the main villains (he kills Kananga and Whitaker directly in LALD and TLD, and half-kills Alec in GE). OHMSS is different from CR in the sense Blofeld lives and Le Chiffre dies (killed by Mr. White).
    Good thinking, but not what I am after.

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    LALD, GE and CR have long scenes with dialogue in trains including Bond. Bond is travelling by train in OHMSS, too. But without dialogue (only arriving at Lauterbrunnen). TLD is the odd one out: no train scene with Bond.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    These films are the debut of a new James Bond, all revealed in the PTS, except for LALD... LALD is the odd one out.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    CR and LALD have fictional countries while TLD, GE and OHMSS take place in real life countries.

Then in CR we have an international incident that takes place in the fictional country while in LALD the fictional country is run by the villain and therefore no incident.
    peter wrote: »
    These films are the debut of a new James Bond, all revealed in the PTS, except for LALD... LALD is the odd one out.

You are onto something. I can add DN to make it easier.

DN, OHMSS, LALD, TLD, GE, CR

You can divide these films into two groups with three films in each. How so?
    DN, OHMSS and GE had directors without an earlier Bond experience. OHMSS is the odd one out because Hunt didn't direct another Bond movie later.
    How about DN, OHMSS and TLD the three Bonds first moments on screen you don't see their faces. It is a dramatic reveal for all three. While in LALD, GE and CR you see the actor playing Bond right away with no build up?
    DN, OHMSS and GE had directors without an earlier Bond experience. OHMSS is the odd one out because Hunt didn't direct another Bond movie later.

I was thinking that Hunt was a new director, but not new to the Bond series. Anyway, you are one hundred percent correct! Well done, your turn.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,378
    Thanks, you are generous.
    New round: Four times the same...
    YOLT, LALD, LTK, GE, SP
    LALD; YOLT, LTK, GE, and SP each have a PTS that features Bond, LALD does not.
    Not that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Bond flies over the main villain's residence or lair in all but LTK.
    Interesting idea. Right direction.
    LALD; Bond rides in a helicopter in YOLT, LTK, GE, and SP, but not LALD.
    Bond's vehicle receives bullet holes in all films except GE, where it is shot with a missile instead.
    YOLT; Bond is responsible for destroying the villains’ bases in LALD, LTK, GE, and SP, but in YOLT Blofeld destroys his own base with the self-destruct switch.
    Noone has it yet. Great ideas as ususal. Nothing to do directly with the villain's base.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    In all but LALD do we see Bond take over the controls of an aircraft from a previous pilot.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,378
    Great observation, never thought about that. Right direction but not close enough.
    LTK, YOLT, SP, LALD and GE Bond is seen piloting an aircraft. Only in LALD does the aircraft stay on the ground. Therefore LALD is the odd one out.
    Bond pilots a plane in all films, but only in LTK does it remain flyable afterwards (wings intact).