Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    He looks like a ferret
    A ferret that would kill it as James Bond ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    A ferret that would kill James bond :P
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He looks like a kindergartener.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    He looks like a kindergartener.
    Well one, I've never seen a kindergartener who looks like that and as for his youthfulness, although he's 30, he has plenty of time to "grow" (whatever we want to mean by that), considering realistic expectations :) He definitely fits the mould of what I think EON either will or should probably be looking at; like the Nicholas Hoults, Sam Claflins and so on.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Lol, I remember back in 2005, when Craig was presented as Bond...a fan called Craig Gollum....How time flies.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Sam Heughan looks like Roger Moore.

Not a bad thing, if we’re talking cinema Bond. And he’s Scott. And he has the voice. And the eyebrow lift.
    I agree it's not a bad thing to a look a bit like a previous actor, but I actually think Callum Turner has Moore of that vibe about him ;) ...mixed in with a bit of Brosnan :)
    Callum-Turner-.jpg

Sorry, but to me his look evokes Bond in absolutely no way. He doesn't look at all like Moore or Brosnan in my eyes.

Maybe if they remade FYEO they could cast him as a schoolyard friend of Bibi Dahl who is too nervous to ask her out on a date. ;P
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Not a bad thing, if we’re talking cinema Bond. And he’s Scott. And he has the voice. And the eyebrow lift.
    I agree it's not a bad thing to a look a bit like a previous actor, but I actually think Callum Turner has Moore of that vibe about him ;) ...mixed in with a bit of Brosnan :)
    Callum-Turner-.jpg
    Sorry, but to me his look evokes Bond in absolutely no way.
    In what way? I don't see a difference between him and say Hoult or Claflin, or any other brunette haired white man? And if it's attractiveness - we all know it's subjective. I don't find Daniel Craig attractive, or Roger Moore. Doesn't make them less Bond or less appealing to others. And if its youth - people change and develop and will often make certain adjustments when a role is theres or even just seek it. And if its comparisons to an animal - that can be done with everyone.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Callum-Turner-.jpg
    In what way? I don't see a difference between him and say Hoult or Claflin or any other brunette haired white man? And if it's attractiveness - we all know it's subjective. I don't find Daniel Craig attractive, or Roger Moore. Doesn't make them less Bond or less appealing to others. And if its youth - people change and develop and will often make certain adjustments when a role is theres or even just seek it. And if its comparisons to an animal - that can be done with everyone.
    All snark aside, if I had to pick one thing that really effects how I perceive him it would be his eyes; they’re beady .
    Overall he has the look of a snobby schoolboy rather than a suave spy.
    In a Romantic Comedy he would be the obnoxious rival, not the romantic lead.

Callum-Turner-.jpg
    In what way? I don't see a difference between him and say Hoult or Claflin, or any other brunette haired white man? And if it's attractiveness - we all know it's subjective. I don't find Daniel Craig attractive, or Roger Moore. Doesn't make them less Bond or less appealing to others. And if its youth - people change and develop and will often make certain adjustments when a role is theres or even just seek it. And if its comparisons to an animal - that can be done with everyone.

I don't really think Hoult or Claflin evoke Bond either. I can't quite put my finger on it really, there's a certain edge I expect for Bond and these guys don't have it.
    It's subjective my friend. To you he looks like Moore and Brosnan, to me he doesn't.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Callum-Turner-.jpg
    In what way? I don't see a difference between him and say Hoult or Claflin or any other brunette haired white man? And if it's attractiveness - we all know it's subjective. I don't find Daniel Craig attractive, or Roger Moore. Doesn't make them less Bond or less appealing to others. And if its youth - people change and develop and will often make certain adjustments when a role is theres or even just seek it. And if its comparisons to an animal - that can be done with everyone.
    All snark aside, if I had to pick one thing that really effects how I perceive him it would be his eyes; they’re beady. Overall he has the look of a snobby schoolboy rather than a suave spy. In a Romantic Comedy he would be the obnoxious rival, not the romantic lead.
    @talos7 Then maybe its down to my experience with him as an actor? Probably makes me slightly more able to see beyond this "snobby exterior", even if I do think that's an element James Bond would have to his character as he was growing up. If we're talking about the initial creation, and not Craig's James Bond.

I probably would've thought the same as you guys if I hadn't had the experience I've had with him as an actor, as someones whose probably seen everything he's done, but I really do think he'd be a good middle ground between Craig and the original creation. He comes across as "cut from a certain cloth" but has rather a rougher approach to how carries himself and how he talks. Combine all of this with some good acting and training, then in my opinion, you have a great new James Bond. Also not mention I think his casting would be a good movie in terms refreshing things, but a lot of that hinders on the director and what the producers want to do going forward.

And fair play @NickTwentyTwo, I didn't realise you weren't on board with either of those two. I thought Hoult was a done deal with most people tbh, despite him not even being in my top five. If we're talking about edge, Claflin and Turner take that one from Hoult I think.
    He actually looks like a James Bond.
    I think there was one photo of Hoult that made a decent case, but otherwise, no, I haven't been a fan of many suggestions here.
    In all likelihood, the next Bond will be someone we don't necessarily expect, out of left field, and they'll prove themselves in the role as Craig did.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Is there next Moore or Brosnan (born to play Bond)?
    I just don’t see it at all with this Turner; with that said, if he were to be cast I would give him a chance.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,526
    I just don’t see it at all with this Turner; with that said, if he were to be cast I would give him a chance.

Callum? Or Aidan? Or both? :P

To be honest, there isn't anyone they could cast that I wouldn't give a chance. It would take a whole lot to keep me out of the theatres for a new Bond film.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To be honest, there isn't anyone they could cast that I wouldn't give a chance. It would take a whole lot to keep me out of the theatres for a new Bond film.
    +1

I would have no reservations casting Aidan.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

I'd really want him to lead another movie first. I'm not sure he has movie-level screen presence.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    mtm wrote: »

I'd really want him to lead another movie first. I'm not sure he has movie-level screen presence.

Go and watch his filmography?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

+1.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

What do you mean?

At least one former Bond actor has said Aidan Turner is the right person for the part. Roger Moore, said he thought the actor could pull off playing 007.

“I do think Aidan Turner looks very good,” Moore told TalkRadio in 2016, as reported by the Huffington Post. Moore also thought Hiddleston, then coming off his role in the spy drama The Night Manager, might be a good fit too.

Well said Sir Roger. A man of impeccable taste as always.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

What do you mean?

This https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2636108/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,131

What do you mean?

I need to watch ‘And Then There Were None.’

Turner looks Bondian in that.

Poldark shows some Bondian potential.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

What do you mean?

Not really anything that could be described as leading man in major film series though is there.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Turner is the best candidate that I'm aware of. Has a Dalton vibe.
    Turner is the best candidate that I'm aware of. Has a Dalton vibe.

That is one of many reasons why i support him.
    suavejmf wrote: »

At least one former Bond actor has said Aidan Turner is the right person for the part. Roger Moore, said he thought the actor could pull off playing 007.

“I do think Aidan Turner looks very good,” Moore told TalkRadio in 2016, as reported by the Huffington Post. Moore also thought Hiddleston, then coming off his role in the spy drama The Night Manager, might be a good fit too.

Well said Sir Roger. A man of impeccable taste as always.

He couldn't have said: "I think he'd be absolute rubbish." He was just being nice and encouraging to a fellow actor.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just think if your name has come up that many times in press and amongst fans, then the chances are way slimmer. Also, to me, his casting just doesn't seem like a good move... would feel like two steps back rather than trying reinvigorate it after the Craig-era.
    I just think if your name has come up that many times in press and amongst fans, then the chances are way slimmer. Also, to me, his casting just doesn't seem like a good move... would feel like two steps back rather than trying reinvigorate it after the Craig-era.

I don't think so, EON have always changed the pattern. Another Reboot won't work and imo they know that very well. James bond at his prime is what they should look for, something Turner can deliver.

Another thing to note here is Turner's name haven't come more often in press, especially outside of this forum. He still have the chance for minimum 3 film's if bond26 came as early as 2024-25.