suavejmf wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I just don’t see it at all with this Turner; with that said, if he were to be cast I would give him a chance.

Callum? Or Aidan? Or both? :P

To be honest, there isn't anyone they could cast that I wouldn't give a chance. It would take a whole lot to keep me out of the theatres for a new Bond film.
    I would have no reservations casting Aidan.

I'd really want him to lead another movie first. I'm not sure he has movie-level screen presence.

Go and watch his filmography?

What do you mean?

This https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2636108/filmotype/actor?ref_=m_nmfm_1

I'm not seeing your point..? I know he's been in stuff.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I just don’t see it at all with this Turner; with that said, if he were to be cast I would give him a chance.

Callum? Or Aidan? Or both? :P

To be honest, there isn't anyone they could cast that I wouldn't give a chance. It would take a whole lot to keep me out of the theatres for a new Bond film.
    I would have no reservations casting Aidan.

At least one former Bond actor has said Aidan Turner is the right person for the part. Roger Moore, said he thought the actor could pull off playing 007.

“I do think Aidan Turner looks very good,” Moore told TalkRadio in 2016, as reported by the Huffington Post. Moore also thought Hiddleston, then coming off his role in the spy drama The Night Manager, might be a good fit too.

Well said Sir Roger. A man of impeccable taste as always.

He couldn't have said: "I think he'd be absolute rubbish." He was just being nice and encouraging to a fellow actor.

I think that's a bit of an alien concept to some folk! :) He was indeed a gentleman and wasn't going to say anyone is a bad choice.

Funny how he said Elba was an unrealistic choice. 🤣

From your link:
    "When asked to clarify what he meant by the comments, Moore said that he was referring to the character’s nationality, and had not been asked about Idris Elba at all."

Maybe read the stuff you're posting first.

Troll.....Yawn.....and I quote;

“According to the Huffington Post, the magazine asked Moore about the prospect of Idris Elba playing James Bond”.

Maybe read the articles you're commenting in reply about first. 🤔🤣

The article entitled 'Roger Moore says his 'racist' comments about a black Bond were 'lost in translation''?
    So you believe a website, reporting on the Huffington, reporting on what Paris Match, another magazine, asked, over Roger Moore himself? Who was actually present, unlike them. In the article you yourself posted? If that's true and you think Moore was a liar, why are you touting Moore's opinion as so important? And if he said it and the opinion you hold up as an example is one he believed in, why did he then say he didn't say it?
    I read it, I made that clear. I just got beyond the first paragraph, unlike yourself. If you google for this story all you will find is that Moore's comments were misreported. Including the article you linked to yourself, but didn't manage to get as far as that bit, clearly. Did you not even read the headline?

Moore said they didn't ask him about Elba. You think he was a liar and believe anything you read, that's your choice.

From the article you posted:

I'm genuinely staggered that you claim to have read it.

Don't call me names.

“According to the Huffington Post, the magazine asked Moore about the prospect of Idris Elba playing James Bond”. I’m not saying this is correct or incorrect. Simply what was reported.

That's not what the article is reporting, no. What does the rest of it say? Have you tried reading beyond the first sentence?

You're using an article where Moore is directly quoted as saying he didn't say something as proof that he did. :))

You can just admit that you were mistaken you know, there's no shame in it.
    2 things

1. how did 666 go by without a reference to the antichrist and Sam neil

2. Henry Cavill seems to fit the cinematic version ala Moore and Brosnan
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Is Cavill still Superman?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    2 things

1. how did 666 go by without a reference to the antichrist and Sam neil

2. Henry Cavill seems to fit the cinematic version ala Moore and Brosnan

Oh, Sam Neill is here somewhere. I'm sure of it.

giphy.gif

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    MSL49 wrote: »

That seems to be a bit up in the air :)
    MSL49 wrote: »

That seems to be a bit up in the air :)

ah, good one ;)
    Cavill for three, four, maybe five films? I'd be super bored after two.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Cavill will almost definitely be back as Superman in some capacity, and he's also The Witcher.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Cavill had his audition.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Cavill had his audition.

True, but then you could say Brosnan had his in '86.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Please not Cavill. Please. It would be such a backwards step. It's like replacing Laurence Olivier with Tommy Wiseau.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited July 2020 Posts: 566
    Cavill probably most looks the part, but his acting is very Lazenbyesque.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,131
    Cavill had his audition.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-15/tom-hiddleston-looks-set-for-bond-role-as-bookies-suspend-odds/

Talking of auditions, Hiddleston in the ‘Night Manager’ is still the most Bondian performance I’ve seen on the small screen in the last few years.

In my opinion his Bond would be a cross between Moore (Gentleman persona) and Craig.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Cavill had his audition.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-15/tom-hiddleston-looks-set-for-bond-role-as-bookies-suspend-odds/

Talking of auditions, Hiddleston in the ‘Night Manager’ is still the most Bondian performance I’ve seen on the small screen in the last few years.

In my opinion his Bond would be a cross between Moore (Gentleman persona) and Craig.

I couldn't agree more....Hiddleston is another actor I can easily envisage as Bond in my sleep. He's easily classic Bond material....Shame, it's not looking like he'll get it. Just imagine Hiddleston ordering a Martini in a Tux....Wow!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Nope. To me, Hiddleston in the role would be flat and uninspired. Also Hiddleston has this special quality of making me dislike any character he’s playing cause the character always come across as self absorbed, or even just a bit of a dick. I know James Bond has certain qualities like this, but not enough enough to make you dislike the character.

It’s the same with Elba. Both of these actors have a certain amount of ego that I don’t want to be nourished by this role.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Cavill had his audition.

He might need to bulk up first. Too slim for bond, even more than Lazenby.
    Cavill had his audition.

He might need to bulk up first. Too slim for bond, even more than Lazenby.

He looks slim. But it’s deceptive. He’s 6ft 2in. In The Night Manager he’s pretty muscular (there’s a beach scene) and owns the ex military persona.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Nope. To me, Hiddleston in the role would be flat and uninspired. Also Hiddleston has this special quality of making me dislike any character he’s playing cause the character always come across as self absorbed, or even just a bit of a dick. I know James Bond has certain qualities like this, but not enough enough to make you dislike the character.

It’s the same with Elba. Both of these actors have a certain amount of ego that I don’t want to be nourished by this role.

I like this about Hiddleston, plus he has the public school boy toff element. I’d say he was an English gent in The Night Manager though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I like this about Hiddleston, plus he has the public school boy toff element. I’d say he was an English gent in The Night Manager though.
    But I find there's a huge difference between playing someone with a huge ego and being someone with a huge ego, and I want to be able to like the actor whose playing the lead in my favourite film franchise haha :D

But I find there's a huge difference between playing someone with a huge ego and being someone with a huge ego, and I want to be able to like the actor whose playing the lead in my favourite film franchise haha :D

I see what you mean.

Both is fine by me. Look at Connery....he had both. As long as someone can back it up.....I don’t have a problem with it personally.

Connery’s my favourite Bond. But he’s no saint in real life...allegedly very flawed.
    Delete

• FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Problem with Hiddleston is I favour the Cubby approach - take a bit of rough and make them posh, rather than take a posh boy and try to rough them up. With Hiddleston it would be the latter approach. Plus I don't want a Bond who is worse looking than me.
    Problem with Hiddleston is I favour the Cubby approach - take a bit of rough and make them posh, rather than take a posh boy and try to rough them up. With Hiddleston it would be the latter approach. Plus I don't want a Bond who is worse looking than me.

Roger Moore??? From a working class background, but had the persona of a posh boy throughout his career.
    Exactly.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England

Roger Moore??? From a working class background, but had the persona of a posh boy throughout his career.

As Bond I also saw him as clearly an ex military type (plus does a good job in The Wild Geese too). His character is unemotional about violence. Never came across as limp wristed to me.
    Exactly.

I take your point. Agreed.

But that wasn’t the case with Moore.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I agree with this. I'm not sold on Hiddleston for this reason; I find him too lightweight of a presence sometimes. I did like him in The Night Manager, but while he wore nice suits and shagged pretty ladies, I didn't see Bond when I watched it. I'm not sure what it is that is putting me off him because on paper, he is a good candidate. Perhaps it's his voice, his general tone of speaking that could be described as a tad effeminate. I don't know!
    Exactly.

I take your point. Agreed.

But that wasn’t the case with Moore.

Agree about Moore but he is right as well, just because Moore wasn't doesn't mean we shouldn't look for rough type. A lot of people says that bond had changed drastically as Craig is blonde so we should change him however we want. In my opinion we should look for someone as close as Timothy as i always thought he is better version of the book bond (he ain't exactly bond from the books but atleast closer than others) .
    We must also keep in mind that Moore came in a particular context : in the public eye Bond was almost exclusively associated with Connery, they had not accepted Lazenby as successor and it was possible that they'd accept nobody else than Sir Sean for the role. Had the third Bond actor been rejected, that could have been the end of the franchise. So they went for a famous actor, not an unknown, and someone who already had his fanbase. The circumstances now are very different. Also, given the way the cinema industry has been affected by COVID-19, it is unlikely that a new Bond will be cast any time soon.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Another name that I recently discovered is Australian actor, Jacob Elordi. His most promient credit to date is Euphoria with Zendaya but he has a role in the upcoming Adrian Lyne film Deep Water (with Ana De Armas).

He looks like a star in the making...

jacob-elordi-attends-the-la-premiere-of-hbos-euphoria-at-news-photo-1153770561-1567612598.jpg
    jacob10.jpg
    jakepick.jpg?itok=j9kfJXNJ