Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

It's going to be well into next year before they announce the departure of Craig. Timing it to get more disc sales given that there will be new box sets released. Then a gap for the hype, then another hype gap after they choose a new guy. These lists will be extinct by then.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,869
    It's going to be well into next year before they announce the departure of Craig. Timing it to get more disc sales given that there will be new box sets released. Then a gap for the hype, then another hype gap after they choose a new guy. These lists will be extinct by then.
    I hope so, it's why so much of our conversation has turned to the future because we all seem to understand how EON or even time works :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope so, it's why so much of our conversation has turned to the future because we all seem to understand how EON or even time works :)

True, it's all about thinking in advance. What's the general consensus, a new guy in '22 and a picture release in '24 ? Someone who's age 35+. Every prospect seems boring to me, makes me wish I perused acting years ago lol
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,247
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I don't know, maybe there's a reason she doesn't do Cameos. But I think Barbara is as beautiful as the next Bond girl. Maybe she's sort of camera-shy or reticent, coz playing something like Bond's Doctor or Therapist, would have been Cool....I know she's a bit older now, Maybe she should have done some cameos with Brosnan's Bond, and some with Craig's Bond.

Is she even Bond's type? She is very beautiful.

Yeah, sure she is....but I didn't mean like Bond's love interest or getting romantically involved with Bond....Just some Cool Cameos.

True, it's all about thinking in advance. What's the general consensus, a new guy in '22 and a picture release in '24 ? Someone who's age 35+. Every prospect seems boring to me, makes me wish I perused acting years ago lol

Early 30s when cast I'd say, given how slowly they release them now.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I don't know, maybe there's a reason she doesn't do Cameos. But I think Barbara is as beautiful as the next Bond girl. Maybe she's sort of camera-shy or reticent, coz playing something like Bond's Doctor or Therapist, would have been Cool....I know she's a bit older now, Maybe she should have done some cameos with Brosnan's Bond, and some with Craig's Bond.

Yeah, sure she is....but I didn't mean like Bond's love interest or getting romantically involved with Bond....Just some Cool Cameos.

She should have made a cameo as the tube driver in Skyfall (health and safety... Carry on), that woman looks a bit like her and always makes me think it would have been a fun Broccoli cameo for the 50th anniversary.

She should have made a cameo as the tube driver in Skyfall (health and safety... Carry on), that woman looks a bit like her and always makes me think it would have been a fun Broccoli cameo for the 50th anniversary.

Yeah, that would have been something.
    Watching McMafia and while I find it quite entertaining gosh Jack Norton is bland from bland. Maybe it's the role, but should he be considered for Bond I'm gonna be a serious doubter.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Watching McMafia and while I find it quite entertaining gosh Jack Norton is bland from bland. Maybe it's the role, but should he be considered for Bond I'm gonna be a serious doubter.

+1.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah there's more to it than looks and height and accent. I'd be very surprised if they pick anyone who hasn't had movie experience, ideally as the lead.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Norton didn't make an impression on me in McMafia, but I did find him very good in The Trial of Christine Keeler.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 395
    Aaron Johnson has perfect age, give him a screentest.
    Norton didn't make an impression on me in McMafia, but I did find him very good in The Trial of Christine Keeler.

Maybe it's the role, but I find him utterly inexpressible. He's supposed to make a deal with the devil to protect his family and loved ones against some of the most dangerous criminals on the planet and he looks like it's just one long boring Monday at the office. And it's not like he plays cool under pressure or anything. He just looks mildly bored all the time. McMafia should be a great vehicle for an actor aspiring to play Bond. Not a masterpiece but solid entertainment. But I don't see the skills here.

Maybe it's the role, but I find him utterly inexpressible. He's supposed to make a deal with the devil to protect his family and loved ones against some of the most dangerous criminals on the planet and he looks like it's just one long boring Monday at the office. And it's not like he plays cool under pressure or anything. He just looks mildly bored all the time. McMafia should be a great vehicle for an actor aspiring to play Bond. Not a masterpiece but solid entertainment. But I don't see the skills here.

+1.

I think it's a case of him not being a leading man, but a solid supporting actor.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Norton is a little too 'TV' for me. He's in the mix based on his attributes, but that's as far as it goes for me.

I think it's a case of him not being a leading man, but a solid supporting actor.

Maybe that's it. There's a good character in there, but Norton can't seem to be able to do anything with it. It's ironic because there are a lot of actors in McMafia that I would easily picture in a Bond movie, as henchmen, main villains, Bond girls.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Norton is a little too 'TV' for me. He's in the mix based on his attributes, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Too 'FAY' is not a good thing either, it is a thin line.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    edited July 2020 Posts: 728
    I just find him a bit bland. I don't really think he's got that 'serious actor' status that I feel Eon will be looking for, either. Could be wrong though, it's difficult to guess what factors are important to the producers.
    I just find him a bit bland. I don't really think he's got that 'serious actor' status that I feel Eon will be looking for, either. Could be wrong though, it's difficult to guess what factors are important to the producers.

+1.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Has anyone put this guy forward? All these suggestions are just blending together in my mind into a hazy 'attractive British male actor' avatar. :P

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/sam-heughan-james-bond

EDIT: The Outlander talk in the article rings a (distant) bell... I suppose he has been brought up here.
    Has anyone put this guy forward? All these suggestions are just blending together in my mind into a hazy 'attractive British male actor' avatar. :P

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/sam-heughan-james-bond

EDIT: The Outlander talk in the article rings a (distant) bell... I suppose he has been brought up here.

Yep, I mentioned him a while ago.
    Sam Heughan looks like Roger Moore.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    He could very well be, but I also think headlines like this mean he won't be.

Maybe that's it. There's a good character in there, but Norton can't seem to be able to do anything with it. It's ironic because there are a lot of actors in McMafia that I would easily picture in a Bond movie, as henchmen, main villains, Bond girls.

I wonder if he'd be better suited to another 00-number, if they decide to go that route again. Not necessarily a villain ala Trevelyan, but someone also involved in the mission.
    He could very well be, but I also think headlines like this mean he won't be.

Yeah, I don't really see him as a strong contender though, even if he looks like Moore.

I wonder if he'd be better suited to another 00-number, if they decide to go that route again. Not necessarily a villain ala Trevelyan, but someone also involved in the mission.

He's just so bland in McMafia. He's meant to be a sort of Jewish Russian-British version of Michael Corleone. But he comes off as one of the UK's Apprentice competitor. Maybe he could be Bill Tanner? But to be honest I'd rather he steer clear of the franchise. I was that underwhelmed.

Not a bad thing, if we’re talking cinema Bond. And he’s Scott. And he has the voice. And the eyebrow lift.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »

Not a bad thing, if we’re talking cinema Bond. And he’s Scott. And he has the voice. And the eyebrow lift.
    I agree it's not a bad thing to a look a bit like a previous actor, but I actually think Callum Turner has Moore of that vibe about him ;) ...mixed in with a bit of Brosnan :)
    Callum-Turner-.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He looks like a ferret