Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Michael Fassbender is a great actor. But I can't see it happening, because of the fact that he has become an A-list actor. Bond would be too heavily impacting his career.

Also, not sure as Bond-producer I'd cast one of the defining characters of another franchise, and the villain no less.
    Michael Fassbender is a great actor. But I can't see it happening, because of the fact that he has become an A-list actor. Bond would be too heavily impacting his career.

Also, not sure as Bond-producer I'd cast one of the defining characters of another franchise, and the villain no less.

I agree on both points.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,756

I wouldn't call Michael Fassbender an A-list actor. I'd say generally to most people he's relatively unknown. Tom Hiddleston is more A-list than him. Fassbender is more of "that guy who I saw before but don't really know his name".

As for his age, Pierce started when he was 42. Moore 46. Dalton 41.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,562
    @dominicgreene, at this stage, I think he's done enough blockbusters that a lot more people know him, and I'd say he's an A-lister at this point. He's been in quite a few Oscar winners, he has all of the X-Men movies under his belt, he's about to tackle a (what might be a rather solid, finally) gaming adaptation with 'Assassin's Creed,' and he's now part of the 'Alien' universe.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @dominicgreene, at this stage, I think he's done enough blockbusters that a lot more people know him, and I'd say he's an A-lister at this point. He's been in quite a few Oscar winners, he has all of the X-Men movies under his belt, he's about to tackle a (what might be a rather solid, finally) gaming adaptation with 'Assassin's Creed,' and he's now part of the 'Alien' universe.

Agreed. At least in NA, Hiddleston is less well known.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

• peterpeter Toronto
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Yah, I'd say Fassbender is an international A-lister. He has projects booked for the next few years. He's a busy, busy, busy man. Not a "working actor" at all. He's a leading man that also is humble enough to co-star in ensemble pieces (that are usually Oscar bait).

Saying that, I'm a fan of getting a new, cutting edge director and giving Dan the man something special to go out on.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Turner has the warmth and charisma to draw the crowds, coupled with that burning sense of menace to satisfy hardcore fans. He's young, unknown to most and definitely a departure from Craig. For me, this guy fits the bill perfectly. I can find very little to suggest he isn't a strong contender.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Just read on a very reliable news website:

Following Leicester football team's Premier League title, and Leicester's Mark Selby winning the World Snooker Championship, the next Bond actor is to come from that town. A Leicester spokesperson said "they were confident 'their James Bond' would do the town proud."

;)
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Just read on a very reliable news website:

Following Leicester football team's Premier League title, and Leicester's Mark Selby winning the World Snooker Championship, the next Bond actor is to come from that town. A Leicester spokesperson said "they were confident 'their James Bond' would do the town proud.

;)

So its gonna be someone we never heard of before, no one mentioned on the media right?
    I don't know if ot makes me happy or nervous.

Sometimes i feel i want Henry Cavil or some of the pretty boys mentioned or someone tottaly new like it happened with Craig.

Im afraid they could chose someone id hate in the style of Cumberbatch, Damian Lewis, Eddie Raydman or similar.
    They are great actors but not Bond material.

I hope whoever they choose they go for a safe Bet : either a Henry Cavil Type or really buffed like Daniel Craig.
    I prefer a Cavil type, not necessarily him but someone in that style.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Richard Armitage is from Leicester.
    After re-watching the Hobbit trilogy I am all for Armitage, he has menace and a look of someone that is unpredictable.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Judging from the way the puerile, reactionary British press operate I'm sure we'll get a 'Jamie Vardy odds-on favorite to be next 007' story pretty soon...
    Well there is the forthcoming EU vote to keep the British press occupied until June.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Maybe in 10 years when Craig finally bows out at 58 with Bond 28 we will all have a good laugh about all this guessing who will be the next Bond
    :)
    Has anyone seen that new article that says Andrew Scott thinks Aidan Turner would make a good Bond? I have to say, I agree with that.
    After the first 20 minutes of episode 3 Hiddleston is the only actor besides Craig I want as 007
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Risico007 wrote: »
    After the first 20 minutes of episode 3 Hiddleston is the only actor besides Craig I want as 007

I thought the same, but after episode 1.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Re Hiddleston's new comments - can't say I agree with his view. Craig doesn't seem that keen to do one more let alone many! I reckon five would be his limit. The idea Craig will make six or seven Bond films, can't see that happening. Craig would get bored with the role. You could argue he's already bored with the role or less than enthused about returning.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Re Hiddleston's new comments - can't say I agree with his view. Craig doesn't seem that keen to do one more let alone many! I reckon five would be his limit. The idea Craig will make six or seven Bond films, can't see that happening. Craig would get bored with the role. You could argue he's already bored with the role or less than enthused about returning.

Yeah, Hiddleston talking out of somewhere other than his mouth. In other news, the sky is blue.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hiddle's just deflecting to get some of the heat off him. He doesn't want to come across like Elba, basking in it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondjames wrote: »
    Hiddle's just deflecting to get some of the heat off him. He doesn't want to come across like Elba, basking in it.

I was thinking the same; he's walking it back a bit. Loose lips sink ships ;)

Like I said for me there are only three to four actors I would be comfortable with in the role

Tom Hardy.
    Main 007esque film or role: inception
    Why I want him? Really it is down to taste but back in 2010 when I saw inception (and the doom and gloom crowd was saying Craig would be gone before bond 23 got up and rolling) I immediately got interested in Hardy as a potential 007. He has Connery's charm and wit down to a T and he looks very 007ish as well.
    The downside: well age is a factor I think he is in his early 40's (doing this at work so I am not going to google each actors age) plus many see him as A villain only which might not be bad but might also not be great

Tom Hiddleston:
    Most 007esque role: The Night Manager
    Why I like him? Well for starters to me he is like Brosnan with muscle. He sort of fits the obvious choice and has a ton of fans who possibly never saw a bond film or wouldn't want to see one but if Hiddleston is 007 they might just
    Downsides: apart from him being possibly tied up in marvel I can't think of too many true a few of my friends here hate the idea of Hiddleston as 007 and I am sorry about that but I think it could work

Michael Fassbender
    Most 007esque role: that bit part in Haywire
    Why I like him? Fassbender would literally be Craig 2.0 and I kind of like that again same dark demeanor same dark gritty esque films
    The issue: again like Hardy Age is a factor at again I think early 40's he could do 2 possibly 3 films but that is about it. Plus he is rather vocal about not wanting to do any other franchises

I have also though about Liam Hemsworth but I haven't seen him in anything to know if he would be good or not he looks physically good but again never saw him act.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I have also though about Liam Hemsworth but I haven't seen him in anything to know if he would be good or not he looks physically good but again never saw him act.
    He's as stiff as his brother imho. I've only seen him in the Hunger Games, and my word is he lacking in charisma. Henry Cavill 2.0.
    He's as stiff as his brother imho. I've only seen him in the Hunger Games, and my word is he lacking in charisma. Henry Cavill 2.0.

Hemsworth would be terrible as Bond. That said, if Disney gets their hooks into Bond, he'll most likely be on their shortlist.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Chris was actually quite good in both Rush and Blackhat. Can't say the same for his brother though.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,160
    jake24 wrote: »
    Chris was actually quite good in both Rush and Blackhat. Can't say the same for his brother though.

Both those films were colossal bombs. Chris is box office lettuce outside of his Marvel antics. In The Heart Of The Sea? Huntsman? Vacation? All Qwarktastic failures.
    Chris sure knows how to pick'em, he's up to star as 'idiot male' in the new Ghostbusters. Lets see how that works out for him. He'd better find success soon because once he hangs up his hammer for good, the studios will drop him like an ugly baby.
    Shame I want to check out Blackhat like I said If Chris is good in that I would be fine with him as 007 maybe...like I said I am curious about him
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Chris Hemsworth could play Bond and when he hits 45 his brother Liam can take over who is 7 years younger
    :D :D :D