Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I suggested Nicholas Hoult a while ago and got told off :))

@SirHilaryBray

Hoult is very talented, his body of work is very impressive and he is only 26 years old!

Skins, X-Men movies, Warm Bodies, Jack and the Giants, Mad Max Fury Road, Kill Your Friends.
    He was always good-looking but now he also has the body for Bond. When he hits 30 he'll be perfect for Bond!

In "Kill All Your Friends!, he shows the same range of acting as Dan, he acts with his face, he can be dark sinister, arrogant, obnoxious and then turn on the charm, friendliness and be funny . I thought he was tremendous, commands the screen super cool and confident.

I haven't seen Kill Your Friends, but I just realised, it's on iTunes for purchase :)
    I'll probably watch it tonight!

Enjoy mate it really funny. He is great entertainment.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Okay, you can dismiss The Sun as fluff, but Metro?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/15/aidan-turner-had-talks-with-bond-producers-about-taking-over-as-007-5753413/

It's official, people! \:D/ :)>-
  • RC7RC7
    Okay, you can dismiss The Sun as fluff, but Metro?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/15/aidan-turner-had-talks-with-bond-producers-about-taking-over-as-007-5753413/

It's official, people! \:D/ :)>-

I never trust The Sun, but The Metro via The Sun, it's clearly official.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Great news!.......if true.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    BB and MW speak with lots of actors about the role. It could very well be true, but talking to the producers isn't the same thing as being offered the role.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 8,087
    NicNac wrote: »
    BB and MW speak with lots of actors about the role. It could very well be true, but talking to the producers isn't the same thing as being offered the role.

No, but he is in the running at least. :D

He is a spitting image of a young Lee Van Cleef. Those eyes hold the menace for Bond.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Oh what the hell, I'm officially putting my name forward ! :D
    So now I'm I the running too.

When EON jets you in, you're in the running. ;)
  • RC7RC7
    Everybody is in the running and nobody is in the running.
    " I suspect everyone and I suspect no one" :D

I hope Mendes4Lyfe , will be able to handle the disappointment, if Turner doesn't
    get picked. :)
    edited March 2016 Posts: 8,087
    " I suspect everyone and I suspect no one" :D

I hope Mendes4Lyfe , will be able to handle the disappointment, if Turner doesn't
    get picked. :)

Of course I will... ^#(^ :-SS
    The Same concern if he gets it, will you be able to control your
    Blood pressure. ;)
    The Same concern if he gets it, will you be able to control your
    Blood pressure. ;)

If Aidan is picked, you will not hear from me...

I'll be dancing in the streets! \m/ \:D/
    :)) I'd be quite happy myself, although tinged with regret that I'd
    been once again, overlooked.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I hate to be a party proper buuuuuuut even if Craig stats or we get a new actor, there's a fundamental problem that needs to be addressed; the quality of the script! If the writing is terrible then our beloved actor whoever it turns out to be will suffer majorly.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 7,980
    As much as I would like to see Turner in the role I think there may be two things at play, one being the legitimate search for a new Bond and the other being the "news" of this meeting being used as a bargaining chip in negotiations with Craig.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

Ha! Me too!

I'm 41, green-eyed, brown haired, athletic and even half-British :)) I'm simply perfect for the role. Only problem could be the slightly German accent :))
    Oh, and I am not an actor...but Lazenby wasn't too.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    RC7 wrote: »
    With every episode of the Night Manager Hiddleston makes himself more and more the frontrunner. The character is suitably distanced from Bond, but showcases his ability perfectly and he has the cruel shades of Bond in his locker. He has a magnetism that you cannot teach, or tease out, it's innate. He's got the looks, a very distinctive voice, an ability to snap from composed to ferocious and most importantly he is always the magnetic focal point of every scene he is in. There is a moment in episode four when a character comments that 'everyone's attracted to you'. You buy it and that for me is Bond.

Turner has the look, no doubt, but I don't think he has that magnetism. In much the same way Dalton has the look, but lacks that indefinable charismatic streak that Connery had in spades. When I watched 'Then there were none' I never felt Turner elevated a scene or brought an electricity to the screen. Hiddleston brings it by the bucket load.

I agree with you.

However @bondjasonbond006 is now my front-runner.
    :D
    I would rather John Boyega than Tom Hiddleston.
  • RC7RC7
    I would rather John Boyega than Tom Hiddleston.

Eye-roll-Tina.gif

LOL, you people are serious? Tne metro is quoting the Sun. He might be in the running, but this article clearly means nothing. They are even using the old Harris quote. Nothing new has happened here. The guy is in LA and some agent used that ;)

But as far as I am concerned, he can have it or somebody else :-*
    All of this could be a trial balloon to see reaction.

http://www.newsweek.com/poldarks-aidan-turner-next-james-bond-436917?piano_t=1
    All this seems just spin but if I was Craig unless I've already made a decision I might be a little put out.

But then he probably would just say f#$% it. I dunno
    talos7 wrote: »
    All of this could be a trial balloon to see reaction.

http://www.newsweek.com/poldarks-aidan-turner-next-james-bond-436917?piano_t=1

you're right, maybe this thing goes deeper than we think.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    With the extreme interest of Idris Elba, Tom Hidelston and aidan Turner to be Bond Can we now add The term Bond beggers?

Actors who do everything to look Bond like and do extra oficial auditions for the part to play Bond. Just like Oscar Beggers who pick every film with the chance of getting an Oscar.

I can't blame the actors who try hard to be on the radar for Bond. Its a great opportunity sure they might be type cast afterwards but its a great chance to be well known as an actor and get great roles in their spare time of Bond.

I bet they do love the franchise but they also see the Bond character as their break through. Its instant fame worldwide if it works.
    Pierce apart of loving the character he said if it wasn't for Bond he wouldn't have been able to get his production company Irish dream time and says its the gift that keeps giving.

So its no strange thing that actors are after being Bond like they chase the oscar, its the biggest award for mainstream cinemma that someone could get every 10 years ehich is life of an actor in the role.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,325
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    All this seems just spin but if I was Craig unless I've already made a decision I might be a little put out.

Well if he is put out by it he could end it instantly by agreeing to do Bond 25, they obviously want him to do it if he's willing. I was hoping he'd do a fifth, and was expecting him to despite wrist slashing comments. Now I'm not so sure, I'm getting the impression that the general public have got bored of him and want the next guy. All of this build up about a new guy, I know it's just tabloid tosh, but I'm beginning to think now that Joe public may be disappointed now if Craig does the next one - SF and SP BO not withstanding.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Well if he is put out by it he could end it instantly by agreeing to do Bond 25, they obviously want him to do it if he's willing. I was hoping he'd do a fifth, and was expecting him to despite wrist slashing comments. Now I'm not so sure, I'm getting the impression that the general public have got bored of him and want the next guy. All of this build up about a new guy, I know it's just tabloid tosh, but I'm beginning to think now that Joe public may be disappointed now if Craig does the next one - SF and SP BO not withstanding.

I agree with you. And the ones that were less impressed with SP seem to be associating it with Craig as opposed to the entire team. Maybe not but you're right Joe Public is restless.

Craig in my opinion really lost support with the wrist comment. I for one was a staunch Craig supporter but now ehh I just don't think he's into Bond anymore.

Sorry just the impression I get.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    NO Hiddleston. No Stevens. No Cumberbatch. No Madden/Hathrington /any other twit that happens to be in game of thongs for five minutes before a dragon eats them

YES: Turner. Norton. Goode. Harry Lloyd. Jack Davenport. Idris! Charlie Hunnam. Jamie Dornan.

How you can be 'pro' Davenport, Elba and especially Dornan but despise the thought of Hiddleston doing it is rather lost on me… But each to their own I suppose.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The "next Bond" rumours were also very frequent during the Moore years. The one name that kept coming up, with reports that EON had been in touch even, was Sean Connery.
    In a way, it never stops.