Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Was he not the villain in the last Mission: Impossible movie? Why would any fan be supportive of this? Does that seem like something Barbara would do? Also, what is up with people's obsession with this guy?

Cast a villain from the M:I series in a Bond film? That's literally already happened with Lea Seydoux.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2023 Posts: 7,526
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Was he not the villain in the last Mission: Impossible movie? Why would any fan be supportive of this? Does that seem like something Barbara would do? Also, what is up with people's obsession with this guy?

Cast a villain from the M:I series in a Bond film? That's literally already happened with Lea Seydoux.

True, but I think Seydoux’ part on M:I was smaller than Cavill’s. I also don’t really get the obsession with him… seems like some people just want a good Bond poster rather than a good Bond film.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,928
    I once vaguely amused myself by imagining Adrian Paul playing a henchman and having a fight with Dan on a train, purely for the in-joke reversal of Bond and Red Grant. But it was only idle amusement on my part - if they'd actually done it, it'd've been stunt casting. So would doing something similar with Cavill, as talos7 said. It's mildly funny, but...nah.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    I think we've previously talked about the idea of having the "definitely the next Bond"-squad - Cavill, Elba, Hiddlestone, Hardy, Fassbender, Owen, McAvoy, Blunt, Theron - in the next films as the other 00s in a briefing scene like in Thunderball and came to the conclusion that apart from being extremely unlikely from the jump it would be too meta and too much stunt casting. Same goes for having one of them as an older 00 who mentors the new 007.

I still would like it just for the British tabloids going mental when all of them being at the set is leaked.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 693
    Give Cav some metal teeth and a smart suit for yours truly, we'll double the value of the franchise.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    What are your stats @DewiWynBond ?
    Height
    Weight
    Etc
    Benny wrote: »
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    For my last novice kickboxing fight in Nov, I weighed in at 65kg.
    Etc...
    Martial Artist, former Ice Hockey player, sharp-shooter, currently learning German and Spanish, casual rally driver. I'm good at DJing too.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    Etc...
    Martial Artist, former Ice Hockey player, sharp-shooter, currently learning German and Spanish, casual rally driver. I'm good at DJing too.

Are you actually James Bond?! :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    Etc...

No he’s Bond….DewiWynBond.

Not sure how that would look on the movie poster.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2023 Posts: 17,808
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    Etc...

No he’s Bond….DewiWynBond.

Not sure how that would look on the movie poster.

No, bit of a mouthful. We'll just call him Jim for short.
    Jim Bond
    IS
    James Bond
    in
    My name is my Bond
    I have an English/French stage name 😁

Monsieur Bond?
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    Etc...

Getting there! Some guy in a pub started this decades ago, saying I look like JB. Then there was a debate weather I looked like him or Nigel Bond.
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    Etc...

Getting there! Some guy in a pub started this decades ago, saying I look like JB. Then there was a debate weather I looked like him or Nigel Bond.

Based on you looking like James Bond, it must be regarding one of the actors.
    So who do you resemble @DewiWynBond ?
    Height
    Weight
    Etc

6ft.
    Etc...

Based on you looking like James Bond, it must be regarding one of the actors.
    So who do you resemble @DewiWynBond ?

I'm not sure, a bit of everyone. Maybe it's my presence. At the time I was a barman, and I bought a white polo shirt, similar to Craig in CR.

Monsieur Bond?

😂 I translated it into /David/Paris/
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 2,901
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    We don’t know the name of the antagonist but considering the franchise, it’s bound to be something very European and eccentric like Dr. Ernst von MaliceFace.

Hahaha. Love it. Most likely the Cavill thing is rubbish, but part of me wants to see a villain with such a name.

I mean, it's no worse than Lucifer Safin I'd argue.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,496
    https://www.youtube.com/live/DRIyjw4OVDI&t=1455

In this weeks episode of The Hot Mic, Jeff Sneider says Aaron Taylor-Johnson's not a lock for Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

In this weeks episode of The Hot Mic, Jeff Sneider says Aaron Taylor-Johnson's not a lock for Bond.

I can’t pull it up, what does he say?
    Finished my little music demo.
    I'm going to be quite harsh here @DewiWynBond and say I don't like it.
    I appreciate the work that has gone into it, but the use of the guitar part of the Bond theme is very jarring and imo doesn't work. I can see how it should and could work, but for me it just doesn't fit. Sorry.
    I'm going to be quite harsh here @DewiWynBond and say I don't like it.
    I appreciate the work that has gone into it, but the use of the guitar part of the Bond theme is very jarring and imo doesn't work. I can see how it should and could work, but for me it just doesn't fit. Sorry.

That's not harsh at all. Yeah I'm not a producer, I just mashed three snippets together as an excuse to include my voice, which I'm not happy with yet. What else should I do?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Who is Sneider? Is he a reliable source?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited March 2023 Posts: 1,430
    Jordo007 wrote: »

I'd say it's possible he has decent sources but this sounds a lot like speculation on the broader rumor to me, and not anything new or concrete to change the current narrative that, maybe ATJ is Bond maybe not. But it seems unlikely there'd be this much smoke with no fire, so I bet the producers have at least in fact talked to ATJ.

But again, the Bond world moves with a script and director in place. If they are already talking to actors, to me, that leads credence to having more in place than they're letting on. We can keep going... if things are indeed moving this fast, then it's likely a P&W spec script and they're very likely talking to or just waiting on a director. What's interesting is how little rumor we're getting about directors, which makes me hesitate; that could mean they have their person, someone like Nolan maybe, which is the only rumor out there so far.

However, keep in mind, I'd say there are still strong odds we could still be at zero, and nothing has happened. It's possible the ATJ stuff is coming from his team, to try to get in there, and it's Eon who are reacting because they have to, and aren't ready to talk to actors yet.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Jordo007 wrote: »

He's a well known film reporter / scooper who's worked for Variety, The Wrap, Mashable, The Tracking Board, Collider, LA Mag, The Ankler, Below the Line and Above the Line.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Cool thanks for the info. It's interesting that he ATJ seems to be so publicly linked to the role. Perhaps this is all misdirection?
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,928
    When Tom Hardy refused to discuss the possibility of him playing Bond, he said: 'there's a saying amongst us in the fraternity of acting, and in the fellowship of my peer group, that if you talk about it you're automatically out of the race. So I can't possibly comment on that one! If I mention it, it's gone.' So if ATJ's team were pushing his case, they could well get him shut out altogether!
    Jordo's suggestion of misdirection could be plausible, though - given the connections between ATJ's wife and EON, is there at least a chance that he's in on it as a sanctioned decoy to draw scrutiny away from the real process of finding the new Bond?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I think everyone is overthinking this and making it more complex than the reality.

The shell company would be the first thing to look at. That means they’re starting to pay ppl to begin development of B26.

And most likely the first to be paid are the writers.

Once they have a working script that has a clear tone and direction, official auditions will happen- likely with a director attached.

Once an actor is chosen, they’ll polish the script to tighten it around the new actor’s strengths.

I think EoN has so much on their plate that they don’t have the energy nor inclination to mislead the public, or misdirect. They’re secretive, for sure, but more importantly, there is a process and they are going to follow their process. No one will throw them off of their path.

And all indications are that they have had informal chats with actors. As in plural. There is no way, in contemporary filmmaking, that EoN would meet with one actor and anoint him. The auditions will ultimately decide who is the best man.

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    peter wrote: »
    I think everyone is overthinking this and making it more complex than the reality.

The shell company would be the first thing to look at. That means they’re starting to pay ppl to begin development of B26.

And most likely the first to be paid are the writers.

Once they have a working script that has a clear tone and direction, official auditions will happen- likely with a director attached.

Once an actor is chosen, they’ll polish the script to tighten it around the new actor’s strengths.

I think EoN has so much on their plate that they don’t have the energy nor inclination to mislead the public, or misdirect. They’re secretive, for sure, but more importantly, there is a process and they are going to follow their process. No one will throw them off of their path.

And all indications are that they have had informal chats with actors. As in plural. There is no way, in contemporary filmmaking, that EoN would meet with one actor and anoint him. The auditions will ultimately decide who is the best man.

Hear, hear. Amen and hallelujer, for it's the truth. Albeit a sad truth. They should have been further on the process tbf. But yeah, old news. Cheers Peter.