Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, I didn't know you worked in comics once. Care to share your experiences? It's a pipe dream of mine to be a comics artist.

Mostly did distribution and promotion. Wrote only a few short published scripts. No artwork, sorry but I'm not that sort of an artist. These days I'm in a different field entirely but I worked in the comics biz for 15 years and got to rub elbows with a few big names. I do have a little more awareness of the business side of comics than some others may have, that's all...

Impressive and thanks for sharing.
    Just a thought and a double post (sorry) as we gear up for Eidolon #10 and Hammerhead.

What if in the Eidolon arc someone close to Bond ends up as part of Spectre secret army? Like say M?

Seriously doubt ...seems kinda fan fiction or amateurish but really more of a babble from me.
    I could see that as a possibility. Doubtful of it being M though. Tanner? MP?
    Ellis's M assuming not Sir Miles is the only character introduced by Ellis. Moneypenny and Tanner are Fleming's albeit modern interpretations. That's why I said M. I'm not sure if Q is supposed to be Boothroyd or not.

I really don't think that's happening but if it did I'd have more faith in Ellis pulling that off than Logan's lame brain idea having Tanner a trader in early SP drafts.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Q is Boothroyd. He was called by that name many times. And no, I don't think the MI-6 is infiltrated. It's the MI-5 that's a belonging of SPECTRE... Or Miss Birdwhistle is part of them, having planted a backdoor or a leak in the MI-6 database.
    Q is Boothroyd. He was called by that name many times. And no, I don't think the MI-6 is infiltrated. It's the MI-5 that's a belonging of SPECTRE... Or Miss Birdwhistle is part of them, having planted a backdoor or a leak in the MI-6 database.

You're right. And I really don't think MI6 is infiltrated either.

mcdonbb wrote: »

You're right. And I really don't think MI6 is infiltrated either.
    It's likely that Birdwhistle planted a virus and/or a backdoor when she checked into the MI-6 database. And now we know the head of MI-5 and his trusted confidants are SPECTRE sleeper agents.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Guys, finally Issue #6 of Eidolon has been revealed on the Dynamite website:

Out on: December 2016
    TNJamesBond12CovAReardon.jpg
    Cover Art by Dom Reardon

Synopsis:
    EIDOLON, CHAPTER 6: The explosive conclusion to the second JAMES BOND 007 story - Eidolon are in the open, British Intelligence is cracked and in disarray, friends are dead and enemies seem unstoppable - can James Bond intercept the most direct strike of all, from the dead hand of SPECTRE to the heart of British government?

That cover art just screams sheer awesomeness to me... I have a phrase for it...

"All The Time In The World".

:O
    edited September 2016 Posts: 5,185
    @ClarkDevlin but it does puts your 'Birdwhistle is a Spectre agent' theory to rest :)

...actually not really.
    seems there might be more to it than we think
    I love how the artwork just covers up all the flashbacks from the previous issues dramatically into Bond's shadow... I can't help but hear Straw's version of the TWINE song in my mind as I stare into the cover.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,116
    00Agent wrote: »
    Guys, finally Issue #6 of Eidolon has been revealed on the Dynamite website:

Out on: December 2016
    TNJamesBond12CovAReardon.jpg
    Cover Art by Dom Reardon

Synopsis:
    EIDOLON, CHAPTER 6: The explosive conclusion to the second JAMES BOND 007 story - Eidolon are in the open, British Intelligence is cracked and in disarray, friends are dead and enemies seem unstoppable - can James Bond intercept the most direct strike of all, from the dead hand of SPECTRE to the heart of British government?

Love that cover!!! Finally I was getting a tad anxious lol.

And yup @ClarkDevlin ...gotta search YT for that song. Good call.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Robert Hack's variant cover for James Bond: Hammerhead #1...

CtZdAy3XgAEhjja.jpg:large

It screams retro pulp fiction.
    Am I understanding correctly that #10 is due next week and #11 due later in the month?
    Am I understanding correctly that #10 is due next week and #11 due later in the month?

So far yes, but i am sure that it will be delayed to November. #12 is scheduled for December

So far yes, but i am sure that it will be delayed to November. #12 is scheduled for December

Ok thanks ...yes I think so too.
    the preorder for the collected Hardcover of Eidolon is up on amazon.
    Release date is 23. March 2017,
    the preorder for the collected Hardcover of Eidolon is up on amazon.
    Release date is 23. March 2017,

Good!! I'm buying that one.
    I came quite close... I said February... They put it on March.
    The tuxedo element that went missing in Ellis/Masters's run, returns in Hammerhead.

CtnD42YWEAAeEGn.jpg:large
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    The tuxedo element that went missing in Ellis/Masters's run, returns in Hammerhead.

CtnD42YWEAAeEGn.jpg:large

Excellent... very glad too.

Thanks for posting my friend

Thanks for posting my friend
    You're welcome, mate. :)
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Dynamite Entertainment, who picked up the license to publish comic books based on Ian Fleming's James Bond 007, has just revealed the very first ever spin-off of the franchise in which our Flemingesque hero isn't the lead of the venture, but his best friend at the CIA is, who apparently by now, is an independent investigator (possibly a jab at his career at Pinkerton).

It's slated for January 2017 release.

Full details here:
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/comics-dynamite-announces-felix-leiter-spin-off?id=04158

xcomics-felix-leiter-preview2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3FZPdMYaHJ.webp
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This should be great.
  • I'm not down with film spin-offs, but as a comic series, this could turn out well. Felix Leiter is a fantastic character. There's a good reason Fleming featured him in roughly half his Bond novels. Unfortunately the closest approximation we've seen of Fleming's character on film has been Bernie Casey's in Never Say Never Again (though I quite like Hedison's take as well and think he wasn't too far off the mark, considering the competition). Would be great to see a more accurate take on the character in the films one day. For now, if they stick to Fleming's version, a series of comics following his career with Pinkerton's could prove really entertaining. Of all Fleming's characters, he's really the one who could best hold his own as a lead apart from Bond.
    Interesting... kinda eh ok. I'm sure I'll read it.