No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wait, what is this "expected" news everyone is mentioning? I must've missed it.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    MGM results call
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588
    @bondjames It's not so much the watch company themselves, but rather that when asked if Bond would be sporting an Omega again, the CEO of the company said that he'd be meeting the Bond incumbent in 'several weeks.' I understand that Craig is an ambassador for Omega, but the fact that he brought Barbara and Michael into the mix is quite telling, IMO.

@Creasy47 The fourth quarter MGM investor relations conference call, where it is likely that Gary Barber will talk B25 to some degree.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Gary Barber of MGM? We're hoping to here something from him by the end of the month concerning B25, but no one is getting their hopes too high.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Gary Barber of MGM? We're hoping to here something from him by the end of the month concerning B25, but no one is getting their hopes too high.

As they shouldn't. It'll likely come and go without a bit of concrete information, which will kick off the inevitable frustration if anyone does have high expectations for an announcement.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    Don't expect much from that either. There are several Omega dealers in the US that are giving up their license. It appears that they are rationalizing the number of stores and going more towards a boutique model. The financials are very poor for them at the moment and they are also in cutback mode. That will likely impact their sponsorship activities going forward as well, as they did not get the expected sales boost from their Bond sponsorship of SP.

I'm surprised the folks at Omega didn't see this coming. If they're striving for a market share and the prestige of Rolex then they really need to observe the competition and other market players. The torrential flooding of tacky limited edition models with unjustified huge markups and new versions of barely released models with minor cosmetic changes only takes away from whatever value some of these watches deserve and should/could have. Omega need to take a massive step back and start taking things a lot more seriously.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Has he signed up for any movie or play after Logan lucky
    No. The only thing left on his slate is the TV series "Purity," which will film sometime this year.
    Around August I heard.

This should be a big tell that he hasn't signed up for anything else after Purity
    Except he also likes his long breaks as well doesn't he?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Getafix wrote: »

Very much so.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @bondjames It's not so much the watch company themselves, but rather that when asked if Bond would be sporting an Omega again, the CEO of the company said that he'd be meeting the Bond incumbent in 'several weeks.' I understand that Craig is an ambassador for Omega, but the fact that he brought Barbara and Michael into the mix is quite telling, IMO.
    That's true @jake24, but we shouldn't read too much into it. As I mentioned in a previous post, the Bond actor can promote Omega products 'as James Bond' in between films as well, but I'm sure it requires EON's permission since it's their brand identity at work as well. The meeting could very well be about that kind of promotional activity rather than something associated with an upcoming film. It could be the latter as well of course, which is what we all hope for.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Don't expect much from that either. There are several Omega dealers in the US that are giving up their license. It appears that they are rationalizing the number of stores and going more towards a boutique model. The financials are very poor for them at the moment and they are also in cutback mode. That will likely impact their sponsorship activities going forward as well, as they did not get the expected sales boost from their Bond sponsorship of SP.

I'm surprised the folks at Omega didn't see this coming. If they're striving for a market share and the prestige of Rolex then they really need to observe the competition and other market players. The torrential flooding of tacky limited edition models with unjustified huge markups and new versions of barely released models with minor cosmetic changes only takes away from whatever value some of these watches deserve and should/could have. Omega need to take a massive step back and start taking things a lot more seriously.
    Agreed. The premium watch industry is in trouble right now and they have to rationalize and reposition their product lines. They will be looking for maximum return on each line now.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 10,588
    @Mendes4Lyfe What's all this "Aidan Turner confirmed" business?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    What do you guys think bond movie-2018 with new actor or bond movie-2019 with Craig if you had to choose
    @Mendes4Lyfe What's all this "Aidan Turner confirmed" business?

What do you mean "what's all this"? what about it?
    Just curious as to why you set it as your location/tagline.
    Am I the only one who has been listening to any of what RC7 has been saying these past few weeks? Read between the lines people.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Oh yes, your new false god?
    Am I the only one who has been listening to any of what RC7 has been saying these past few weeks? Read between the lines people.
    16130213-3f39-4b49-aad1-33d6c151c39b_text.gif
    Aidan?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Aidan?
    Yep! Aidan Gillen. ;)

1*ZIYhfdRKnmV_ftCb6b117A.jpeg
    He's not bad actually. A bit of a sleazebag on screen, but I like the guy in GoT. He should at least be a villain of sorts.
    Getafix wrote: »
    From Bond movies cause its an 8 month shoot. Lets not forget all the movies he did before Skyfall
    Aidan Gillen is a great actor. Even though I was introduced to him via one of his despised characters in Blitz, overtime I've come to see his better works. He was terrific in The Wire.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Gillen would have been a much better choice for C. What were they thinking with that casting?
    echo wrote: »
    Gillen would have been a much better choice for C. What were they thinking with that casting?
    +1.
    echo wrote: »
    +1.
    +2
    Well, Andrew Scott was cheaper than Chiwetel Ejiofor, so...
  • RC7RC7

You drew your own conclusions I'm afraid.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 8,127
    RC7 wrote: »

Haha, yeah sure. ;)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Denbigh should have been more near Mallory's age, watching it Friday night his performance is so one note.

Fiennes needed someone with more dramatic weight to act up against, Gary Oldman would have been dream casting for that role but he wouldn't have been the villian from the get go like it's so obviously sign posted in SPECTRE.

Aiden Gillen definitely would have been a improvement over Scott, is sneering was so annoying, it was like Moriarty dialed down to 3.

Andrew Scott I know can be a good actor but I think when it comes to villains he only has one performance and he just riffs on that, much better in a drama with something real to play.

It's like Waltz I think on paper it was thought, well we have the 2 time Oscar winning actor to play Blofeld, envisaging something along the lines as iconic as Han Landa when what we got was something less threatening that Dominic Greene, infact I much preferred Almaric's DG.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    RC7 wrote: »

Haha, yeah sure. ;)

:-&. Please stop. Your only embarrassing yourself and it gets old.