Hold on to your cup of black coffee and slice of cherry pie...'Twin Peaks' is back!

Comments

Absolutely excellent news. Originally, only 9 episodes were planned. Now, there are 18, with Lynch directing all of them!
    I can't wait it's airing alot earlier than I expected, it's odd it will be like visiting friends I have not seen for twenty five years love this show.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sad to hear that Miguel Ferrer just passed away. Killed by cancer at 61.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 2,598
    Rest In Peace Mr Ferrer. Your role in Twin Peaks is outstanding and hilarious.

"Walther PPK. James Bond's gun."
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,043
    It's a real shock, one concilation apparently his role in the much anticipated Season 3 (X-Files disappointing return doesn't even compare) is sizeable.

It will be great to see Albert again but with a tinge of sadness that we won't see him again.

This is still my most awaited entertainment highlight of 2017 but this news does bring somewhat of a black cloud over it.

Even if Bond 25 was all of sudden being released this year it wouldn't compare. Twin Peaks until Soprano's and then The Wire came along was my favourite TV show of all time.

That first season is practically TV perfection and the first half of season 2 is pretty brilliant as well, it redeems itself with what is still the weirdest and most darkest sign off in TV history.

"Where's Annie"
    Shardlake wrote: »
    It's a real shock, one concilation apparently his role in the much anticipated Season 3 (X-Files disappointing return doesn't even compare) is sizeable.

It will be great to see Albert again but with a tinge of sadness that we won't see him again.

This is still my most awaited entertainment highlight of 2017 but this news does bring somewhat of a black cloud over it.

Even if Bond 25 was all of sudden being released this year it wouldn't compare. Twin Peaks until Soprano's and then The Wire came along was my favourite TV show of all time.

That first season is practically TV perfection and the first half of season 2 is pretty brilliant as well, it redeems itself with what is still the weirdest and most darkest sign off in TV history.

"Where's Annie"

Especially compared to the majority of dismal contemporary Bond films.
    @Bounine Before SPECTRE it would have been competing with TP although it's return would eclipse Bond just on the the fact it's been away for so long and Lynch is directing it all.

I actually like very much the Craig era (even QOS) but SPECTRE was the first time I've been disappointed. Unlike you I've had little problem with the Craig era up till Bond 24.

I'll take them over all the Brosnan's and I prefer the first 3 to LTK.

It depends when you thought Bond was truly great, while I probably like around half the series these days, I can discount them if I like but SPECTRE was part of an era I actually liked and it really put a black mark on it in my view.

Anyway back to Peaks, TV event of the year bar none and safely one of the TV events of the decade.

Hopefully this is going to be something very special indeed.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Disappointed to see that Miguel Ferrer's death didn't make BBC News website at all. They have reported on far less notable people in the past.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    @Bounine Before SPECTRE it would have been competing with TP although it's return would eclipse Bond just on the the fact it's been away for so long and Lynch is directing it all.

I actually like very much the Craig era (even QOS) but SPECTRE was the first time I've been disappointed. Unlike you I've had little problem with the Craig era up till Bond 24.

I'll take them over all the Brosnan's and I prefer the first 3 to LTK.

It depends when you thought Bond was truly great, while I probably like around half the series these days, I can discount them if I like but SPECTRE was part of an era I actually liked and it really put a black mark on it in my view.

Anyway back to Peaks, TV event of the year bar none and safely one of the TV events of the decade.

Hopefully this is going to be something very special indeed.

I think CR is great and SF is pretty good but I'm not crazy about the other two Craig films. I included the Brosnan films in the contemporary category too and unfortunately I'm not a fan of these films. Goldeneye is average at best and the best of Brosnan installments.

Hopefully Lynch has nailed these latest episodes. Can't wait!
    Has anyone else bought Mark Frost's new book The Secret History of Twin Peaks? It's absolutely fascinating.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Has anyone else bought Mark Frost's new book The Secret History of Twin Peaks? It's absolutely fascinating.

Thanks for the tip. I may look for it later.
    Tokoloshe wrote: »

Yes I've bought it, must give it a read before Season 3 starts.

Does reading this book ruin the mystery somewhat? I feel like I shouldn't read it until after I've seen season 3.
    It reveals nothing whatsoever regarding Season 3 except for the name of the lead detective character.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've been looking for that clip! Thanks. :))

Saw this earlier in the week
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 2,598

I love how The Simpsons provides homages to other shows and movies. I remember when Homer went inside a hollowed out volcano and knocked out James Bond. LOL. Couldn't find that video but I found this one which I had never seen:

Alright, back to Twin Peaks... :)
    I hope they keep the trailers to the minimum because the more I go in unaware of whats coming the better.

It's pretty much unheard of for there to be so much secrecy around this and for it to have stayed that way.

All we know is it's 25 years later and the story is going to pick itself up again. Yes we can speculate those of us that know the original series so well but seriously this is going to be wondrous on a scale I don't think I've ever seen before on TV.
  • I like the teasers they are very much reflecting on the past which I am happy with, I am hoping a mystery element to the new show the teaser suggests there maybe. I would be happy with seeing nothing of the new show until the first episode airs, I rewatched all the episodes and movie late last year, it's all fresh in the mind can't wait till May 21St.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,598
    Yeah, I don't want to know anything about the new season. I really have know idea what it may be about when we found out who the killer was in Fire Walk With Me. I suppose there could be another murder...

Damn, I remember first hearing about this show returning on the radio way back in 2014 and shortly afterwards I started this thread. Now, there are just over 3 months to go! God I hope that Lynch and Frost nail it.
  • My guess is Bob or a similar manifestation of evil will again inhabit someone in Twin Peaks, my hunch is
    Laura Palmer may play the Bob role this time round
    I'm not going to read it. :)
    It's pure speculation and one persons opinion so not really a spoiler.

I think Lynch & frost know that TV has moved on so much and ironically I'd argue their little show was the beginning of that shift, it really doesn't get cited for what it is and this is the godfather of modern TV, you see track it from there that is where the cinematic element that the likes of Fox then HBO ran with started.

I've seen somone try to argue Mann did it with Miami Vice and there is an argumnent for that but MV as groundbreaking as it was when it boils down to it was a cop show depsite it's Mann like take.

TP stood out so much when it appeared nothing like it had been seen before and I think that David & Mark must know this so when TP returns I think it has to be groundbreaking again, a big ask but for it to return after all this time it can't be anything else.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    twinpeaks1-1200x1599.jpg

twinpeaks2-1200x1599.jpg

twinpeaks3-1200x1599.jpg
    Love the photos this is going to be surreal revisiting the characters, I had crush on Sheryl Lee as a teenager gorgeous woman.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 4,043
    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/behind-the-scenes-hawk-andy-denise-lucy-shelly-norma-gordon-albert-james/

Some great images but once again no real hint of what to expect.

I've recently just finished Mark Frost's Secret History of Twin Peaks and it hints at possibilities as well as some what appears mistakes from Frost contradicting the TV series.

Although Frost says all will be revealed when the TV show returns.

Everything for the last 2 years since it was announced have been hors d'oeuvres, this is the main course.

I can't contain my excitement for it's return and I think it's safe to say it won't won't be half baked tosh like the return of X-Files.

This is going to be something special, very special indeed.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Madchen's looking good.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Madchen's looking good.

Saw Madchen on a show on Netflix recently a show called Witches of East End, had a look as saw Madchen was in it she looked fantastic.