Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Saw The Android Invasion yesterday. Really clever, starting as a tribute for these ITC shows I loved so much (one swears it could have been an episode of Department S), then goes with a nice twist. A classic, a bit spoiled by the use of stock shot (the rocket launch). Now, on to The Brain of Morbius.
  • Death in Paradise Two parter of the 6th series set in London, fun watch I have only watched seasons 4, 5 and 6 will have to look for the Ben Miller episodes.
    Humpfrey has left it would seem, good character though wise to freshen the show up now and then.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Walking Dead - season 7 (mid-season premiere)

One of my all time favorite TV shows. The mid-season premiere was probably slower than most wanted but I enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace from the intense episodes we've had this season. Anytime the Saviors show up in Alexandria I tense up. I think the show has scarred me lol.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That smile from Rick at the end though :D
    The Walking Dead
    Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005-2008). My favorite show EVER - still! Amazing.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005-2008). My favorite show EVER - still! Amazing.

I almost watched it last night. I've never seen the series but a few months back my friend convinced me to watch it with him. A few episodes in and I was hooked. I went out and bought the complete series the next day. I'm only slightly past half way the first season. The other day I bought the spin-off series The Legend of Korra, which I've also never seen.

• Supergirl
    The Flash
    Legends of Tomorrow
    Arrow

Most recent episodes aired of each in the UK, CW DC shows are on fire I clapped a few times during Arrow some great moments. May these shows never end, Legends of Tomorrow Legion of Doom episode was great fun.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Did people watch SS-GB? Thoughts? I enjoyed it, but then I never could resist a man in a nicely-angled hat.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,107
    Been binge-watching the first season of Gotham, since I finally decided to give it a chance (I don't watch any of the dc/marvel related shows) and boy, it's actually pretty amazing.

I was afraid it would be too kid friendly with young Bruce and Selina, but even those characters have been done well. Also my initial dismissive attitude towards the show was, that I didn't want to watch a Batman show without Batman. But then I thought I should at least check it out for the villains. Wasn't disappointed.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Did people watch SS-GB? Thoughts? I enjoyed it, but then I never could resist a man in a nicely-angled hat.

It was quite well done, looking forward to the next episodes.

Continuing my Doctor Who marathon, I've just finished watching Frankenstein, I mean "The Brain of Morbius". Nice and gory, as I like. No wonder kids went behind the sofa for that one.
    The Tom Baker era did do that far more than any other doctor, his era was quite dark on occasion and I always found him a bit alien.
  • Brittas Empire Bye bye baby. You can often see the jokes coming though the situations that progressively build up are funny, loved this show back in the day.
    Brittas Empire took a couple of series to hit its stride, then it really went for it. And I've always liked Chris Barrie.
  • Chris Barrie is always good value, I am still awaiting another series of Red Dwarf
    I haven't really liked RD since series 5, but I love those first 5 series to bits.
  • Agree the quality dropped when Barrie left and then returned, Netflix has all the episodes the last series was ok quite enjoyed it.
  • I binge watched 'The People VS O.J. Simpson' over the week.

It was a pretty interesting reenactment of sorts of the whole event. I was 10 and remember watching the Bronco chase on TV (back then I only knew O.J. as Nordberg from The Naked Gun movies) and bits of the trial, so it was cool to see this dramatization. Some parts are very accurate, but others had considerable liberties taken. This is definitely a 'show'.

Some of the casting was spot on- Marcia Clark, Johnnie Cochran & Judge Ito were ideally cast!
    John Travolta was hilarious as Robert Shapiro though; he looks NOTHING like him; his black dyed eyebrows were distracting and the man has had so much surgery his face barely changed.

His expression was like this the whole time

2DAAC47700000578-3284973-image-a-8_1445538935629.jpg

Cuba Gooding Jr. & David Schwimmer both did a fine job, but like Travolta, all I could see was Cuba Gooding Jr. & David Schwimmer, lol

The 10 episode series is an easy watch, and kind of neat for anyone who remembers it (lots of young'uns on this board, ha ha!)
  • Mystery Science Theatre 3000
    Just finished series two of Fortitude on Sky on demand. For those who are still watching it i will say only this...WTF!!
  • cooperman2 wrote: »
    Just finished series two of Fortitude on Sky on demand. For those who are still watching it i will say only this...WTF!!

I keep meaning to start watching Season one, the setting looks great I must watch the first episode and get the ball rolling.

• 24: Legacy Just noticed the first two episodes are on Sky in the UK, I will be watching that tonight.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Billions Season 1 (2016)
    R1eEh6b.jpg

I finally got round to watching this Showtime series starring Damian Lewis as Bobby 'Axe' Axelrod, a billionaire hedge fund operator, and Paul Giamatti as Chuck Rhoades, the tough US District Attorney committed to bringing him down by any means. Malin Akerman stars as Lara, Bobby's practical wife. Maggie Siff stars as Wendy, Chuck's wife, who just happens to work at Bobby's firm as in-house therapist/HR executive, meaning she has all the personal information necessary to bring down Chuck's adversary. However, they both keep their business and personal lives separate, complicating matters. This a great show focusing on the power plays of the powerful and the frustrations of the suits determined to destroy them. The acting is excellent across the board and the characters are real, although there's less focus on the actual business and more on the personalities. The series is loosely based on Preet Bhahara's attempts to take down Steve Cohen of SAC Capital in New York. There are also some parallels to the media obsession with President Trump (there is a slight orange tinge to Axelrod's hair also). Looking forward to Season 2.
  • Riverdale. Sexy teenagers living dramatically sexy lives doesn't work for me for some reason.
  • Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix hosted by Sly Stallone it's some assault course contestants are facing, I love endurance shows like this.
    Just finished Taboo on the Beeb with Tom Hardy - it was excellent, even if it is a little flawed and flagged a little in the middle. Currently watching Roots on BBC Four, which so far has been superb.
    comic-book-men-season-6-S6-key-art-400x600.jpg

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's kind of like Pawn Stars but a thousand time better. It's about the men that work in a comic store call Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash, owned by Kevin Smith. Every now and then a celebrity will come into the store like Jason Mews, Stan Lee, Adam West, Ralph Macchico, ect. If you're nerdy I'd highly recommend this show to you. They get a lot of comics, old toys/statues, and some off the wall stuff you forgot about or didn't know existed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    TAKEN

62772721-1000x563.jpg

Just finished watching the pilot episode of Taken, which is, as you might have presumed, based on the film series of the same name. In fact, it's set in a new continuity introducing a younger Bryan Mills, a role originated by the great Liam Neeson, now being played by Clive Standen of Vikings fame, before he "picked up a lethal set of skills from a long career". I won't spoil what was told in the story via the first episode, so I'll spare it for the viewers who are tending to catch up with it.

@doubleoego, I seem to recall you were a Vikings fan, yes? This might interest you.

@DaltonCraig007, @Creasy47? I don't need to go further on this for you chaps, do I? ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Inside Number Nine : some brilliant stories all with a few twists.