Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @fire_and_ice, it's about damn time the show got the remaster treatment. Nothing better than seeing good transfers of 60s classics. When I saw the Connery Bond films on Blu-ray for the first time I nearly proposed marriage to the discs, I was so taken with them.

It is such a vivid show as were many from that era, looking forward to making my way through the three seasons. It has been several years since I rewatched them, just enough time to forget some episodes. Yet to check what the extras are like, I would pay for the full set to see Batman fight a tiger alone :)) Such a great crazy show that has its place in the Batman history.

@fire_and_ice, I still remember how my mother would look out for Batman 66 re-runs on TV when I was a boy and tape episodes for me to watch after school. I haven't watched a full episode for over a decade probably, but I'll never forget the Tut episode, that giant sphinx statue Batman and Robin come upon or the awesome finale fight between the heroes and villains that closes it off. Those images will be imprinted in my mind forever. Classic stuff.
    @fire_and_ice, it's about damn time the show got the remaster treatment. Nothing better than seeing good transfers of 60s classics. When I saw the Connery Bond films on Blu-ray for the first time I nearly proposed marriage to the discs, I was so taken with them.

I knew you had some Liam Neeson in you, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. ;)

Nah, me and the discs are on great terms, as long as they don't kidnap my daughter or wife.
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I remember the Sphinx episode, I vaguely remember Tut alter ego getting amnesia when Tut emerges. Despite its short comings season three was still amusing, Batman and the Joker in Bermuda shorts surfing is just insane. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8YBZKRFe62GpFmMOPRzZcY3DfvG-1LpSmbrhIbuv1odvrcIzI

It's a shame season four never happened, from memory another network were prepared to pick the show up though all the sets had been destroyed.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Only Fools and Horses been working all week so not watched much Christmas TV, though when I have add a spare hour been working my way through the early seasons of this great show. Timeless comedy which brings back memories of a simpler time growing upon the 80's.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Vikings. What a grim episode.
  • img_1679nl283pxu-490x225.jpg

I had never heard of the show until I saw it at random on Amazon Prime- 'Sweet, a series with Tom Jane!' I thought!
    This show is pretty damn funny- it's about an out of luck High School coach who happens to have a ginormous penis and basically prostitutes himself out of desperation. A good chunk of the humor comes from how awkward he is with all these sex-starved housewives and the fact that this is the freaking Punisher! :))

It's raunchy at times and full of nudity, but still manages to be charming and about his family, and his drive to provide for them; if you liked Californication you'll probably like this too!
    I just made it to season 2 and I hear it got canceled after 3 suddenly- I hope it doesn't end in a cliffhanger- we'll see.

@Master_Dahark, I'm sure there've been people out there who've made parallels between Jane's Frank Castle and the man he plays in "Hung," just like some have for Bryan Cranston's characters in "Malcolm in the Middle" and "Breaking Bad."

The backstory to "Hung" could be something along the lines of Frank surviving a deadly attack on his life post Punisher that made him relocate and use a new identity to start to build his life again with a new family in a new area. The raunchiness of the show would compliment his dark world and the care he has for his family in that show would be the same strong care he had for his wife and kids in the Punisher film.

By the way, there's rumors that Jon Berenthal's Punisher is going to be getting his own series (a prequel to who he becomes in Daredevil season two, I presume), so that must have you absolutely bonkers excited. I know @haserot is big into the character as well. I'd love to see a series that explores his life before the mob hit, and afterward, his journey to seek vengeance. That has me really excited, if the rumors are in fact true.

Back in January I mentioned I started watching Thomas Jane's tv show 'Hung'.
    After a break I picked up on Season 2 and it took such a hard nosedive that I couldn't get past the third episode. What the hell happened??

Just for curiosity I looked the show up on IMDb and it seems Season 3 only gets worse (despite an appearance by young pre-Arrow Stephen Amell) and as predicted, 'ends' with no ending.

But most shocking of all: in the trivia section it states that Tom Jane turned down the role of Rick on freaking Walking Dead to do Hung!!!!
    I bet he's kicking himself for that! He really would have been awesome as Rick too!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Master_Dahark, that's a shame. Was "Hung" a show that pulled a season 3 cliffhanger without the certainty that they'd be renewed, and then they got cancelled? That's the sense I get.

I didn't know Tom was almost Rick. That's nuts. He would've been great for sure.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    VALKYRIEN

Norwegian thriller series. Quite good, and rather original.
  • CAbar640.jpg

Did anyone watch The New Celebrity Apprentice last night with Arnold?
    It was OK. I'll probably check out the next one too- I just wish we had a different selection of celebs; I haven't heard of half of them! I caught a few episodes of Trump's old show a few years ago, and this is pretty similar.

I basically watched it just because I like Arnold
    @Master_Dahark, I think most of the contestants on the new Apprentice are basically "all-stars" from when Trump was host. I have only seen a random clip promoting the show on TV during the news, but I can already see that Arnold is enjoying himself and not taking it-or himself-seriously. He's already an upgrade, as far as I'm concerned.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Master_Dahark, I think most of the contestants on the new Apprentice are basically "all-stars" from when Trump was host. I have only seen a random clip promoting the show on TV during the news, but I can already see that Arnold is enjoying himself and not taking it-or himself-seriously. He's already an upgrade, as far as I'm concerned.

1360_4.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Old but not obsolete. ;)
  • I can already see that Arnold is enjoying himself and not taking it-or himself-seriously.
    Surprising absolutely nobody, instead of 'you're fired' he says 'you're terminated'.

But then when he then told the employee to 'get to the choppa' I laughed!
    Sherlock!

Great new episode, riveted from the start, the next episode looks even better?!!! Roll on Sunday night!!! :-bd
    Meant to also include last night "Spies" program! Did anyone else see it? A bit like a reality show but for intelligence recruitment.
    Control as the people in charge are called are a three person panel from MI6, MI5, and GCHQ.

It was on channel 4 and runs for 4 weeks. Take a look, it was very interesting! B-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Death in Paradise.
    Death in Paradise.

Quite like this show I see there is a new series, I thought it had finished. I will have to watch it on catch up.

Death in Paradise.

Love this show.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 5,821
    Just watched the first episode of the new season on iPlayer. Liked it very much. And gladd DCI Goodman
    has found a girlfriend at last

Will watch Sherlock a bit later this week-end. Right now, it's Doctor Who time : "Planet of Evil" on DVD.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 10,588
    CAbar640.jpg

Did anyone watch The New Celebrity Apprentice last night with Arnold?
    It was OK. I'll probably check out the next one too- I just wish we had a different selection of celebs; I haven't heard of half of them! I caught a few episodes of Trump's old show a few years ago, and this is pretty similar.

I basically watched it just because I like Arnold
    Pretty much agree. There's no denying that Trump was a better host, though I did appreciate Arnold's use of "You're terminated", "Hasta la Vista, baby", and "Get to the chopper."
    I need to watch Apprentice USA is it airing in the UK?
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Pretty much agree. There's no denying that Trump was a better host, though I did appreciate Arnold's use of "You're terminated", "Hasta la Vista, baby", and "Get to the chopper."
    My favorite part so far was last episode when he finished talking to the women's team, and as he started talking to the men's team- the women started whispering among themselves and Arnold just stops talking and gives them 'the look'. They shut up so fast! I laughed my ass off!

Game-of-Thrones-Blu-Steel-Box.png

I'm finally catching up on Game of Thrones. No cable in this house- so I recently bought the steelbook Bluray's (the ones with the cool magnets) and made it to the end of Season 4.
    For the longest time I haven't bought Seasons 5 & 6 cause I already had the steelbooks for Seasons 1-4 and only recently did they do the same for Seasons 5 & 6. Christmas has come and gone, and I treated myself- so now I'm nice and caught up! :-bd

I hear they're pulling the plug after Season 8- I'll sure miss it!
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Has anyone seen Taboo? Is it any good?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    boldfinger wrote: »

I won't say anything too much for fear of spoiling it for you but !
    The first episode last night was quite dark but the series is off to a cracking start and is Well Worth Watching .
    I second this, it was a really interesting episode that most certainly wet my appetite for more.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    PRESTEN (THE PRIEST)

Norwegian humour series. Very funny.
    Haven't seen Taboo, but from previews I already smell an Emmy for Tom Hardy.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

I won't say anything too much for fear of spoiling it for you but !
    The first episode last night was quite dark but the series is off to a cracking start and is Well Worth Watching .
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I second this, it was a really interesting episode that most certainly wet my appetite for more.
    Thanks lads, that sounds good to me :-).

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17,691
    We're just coming up on the end of EUReKA & Warehouse 13 (sister shows produced at the same time on SyFy. These were/are excellent shows! Sad to be almost done!
    And I started my new Blu Ray collection of the original Battlestar Galactica last night. As you might expect, the picture is awesome! Plus: Bond girl Jane Seymour is in it!
    bsg.orig.cast.jpg
    Sherlock! One of the best TV shows ever IMHO. :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 13,894
    chrisisall wrote: »
    We're just coming up on the end of EUReKA & Warehouse 13 (sister shows produced at the same time on SyFy. These were/are excellent shows! Sad to be almost done!

I've not seen Warehouse 13, but I loved EUReKa. I get why they didn't make more series, but I still miss it.

"Sarah, door!"

---
    The Sweeney
    Series: 4, Episode 1: Messenger of the Gods

New title sequnce for this series feels very american. Other than the shot of Regan thumping the screen, I don't care for it, they should have stuck with the original. I've heard that this last series is thought of as the weakest. Well, this opening episode did feature more humuor than usual. I'm not going to lie, though, I did enjoy Hurricane Diana charge through the episode.