Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

MacGyver (2016) Large Blade: where do I begin... I still don't get why everyone I talk to hate this show either my standards are too low or I am insane (luckily My mother Stepfather and wife all love it so if I am insane I am in good company) the show is doing great I love it and can't wait till Febuary 3rd (when Mac comes back after a 2 week abesence
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Death in Paradise The first three episodes of season 6, good distraction from gloomy January. Great locations help this show, likeable regular characters, faces from British TV of yesteryear always crop up in this show.

Three Act Tragedy Hercule Poirot TV series, this is a good entry though having watched the Tony Curtis and Peter Ustinov version several times I am very familiar with this story. The personal aspect to the story is good here, Suchet is excellent in some good dramatic scenes.

Luke Cage finally finished the first season, it was enjoyable though started alot stronger than it finished.

Black Mirror Just discovered this show watched the first two episodes of season 3, if you like The Outer Limits or The Twilight Zone you will enjoy this.
    Homeland series 1 - really well done and adult spy drama.
  • Season 2 of Damages , one of TV's best kept secrets
    elcsra.jpg
    Season 2 of Damages , one of TV's best kept secrets
    elcsra.jpg
    Never heard of this though willing to watch anything with Rose Byrne in.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Finished Shooter. Definitely worth watching and most definitely better than the film. Waiting for Season 2, which I assume will be based on the second book.
    SaintMark wrote: »

Love this show! About to watch the first episode of the new season this week here in the UK! Can't wait!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Love this show! About to watch the first episode of the new season this week here in the UK! Can't wait!!! :-bd

I still have to catch up with season 2 and further. You enjoy yourselves, I did order season 3 & 4 and the two prequel books.

I still have to catch up with season 2 and further. You enjoy yourselves, I did order season 3 & 4 and the two prequel books.

Sounds like you are going to be very busy!!! :-bd
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond
    Finally bought and watched that mini series about Fleming, starring Dominic Cooper. Quite interesting and well-made. I have to admit I haven't read too much about Fleming's pre-Bond life, but even so, some parts of the series seemed fictitious. Lara Pulver was once again incredible. I love that woman. I'd love to see her in a Bond film.

Sounds like you are going to be very busy!!! :-bd
    I'm just about to start Season 5 myself. I watched the first four over the summer. I don't like it that much, to be honest. Season 1 was the best, followed by Season 2. Seasons 3 and 4, however, were far inferior. I've been told Season 5 is better than the previous two. I'll let you know in a few days.
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,423
    @gt007, if anyone gets that woman (if she's back on the market), that'd be me. I like sharing things for the most part, but Lara Pulver ain't one of them, lad. ;) :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Riverdale. This was surprisingly decent.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    @gt007, if anyone gets that woman (if she's back on the market), that'd be me. I like sharing things for the most part, but Lara Pulver ain't one of them, lad. ;) :D

Well, it's your spectre against mine, @ClarkDevlin. ;)
    gt007 wrote: »

Well, it's your spectre against mine, @ClarkDevlin. ;)
    I'll go banco. ;)
    Saw the first two episodes of Fargo, great fun indeed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »

@doubleoego, I caught some of that too, and was caught off guard by it in a good way. I expected something corny, but found what basically equates to a murder mystery told with Archie characters. Didn't expect that!
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Legends of Tomorrow Raiders of the lost Art
    George Lucas quits film school in the episode... '...the future of the entire world is at stake, and you are our only hope' @ George Lucas, brilliant!
    fun show as always.

Smallville season 9 episode 2 Metallo, one of the best later episodes very well directed episode. The first shot of Clark listening to every sound in metropolis is brilliant, great score also.

Homeland season 3 by now, this is what I call mature spy material. looking forward how season 3 will end. Seasons one and two really ended on a shocker.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SVARTSJØEN (Black Lake)

Nordic thriller series.
    Boring. I am done after one episode.
    doubleoego wrote: »

@doubleoego, I caught some of that too, and was caught off guard by it in a good way. I expected something corny, but found what basically equates to a murder mystery told with Archie characters. Didn't expect that!

Yes, quite the pleasant surprise. I'll be catching up with the 2nd episode tomorrow.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Santa Clarita Diet

Just started watching this Netflix original. I'm only two episodes in and it's alright. Parts feel a bit forced and our two main actors (Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant) seem like they're a bit out of their comfort zones in terms of acting. So far it's been good enough that I'm going to finish it.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 17,302
    Finally got the time to finish season one of the wonderful A Very Secret Service (Au service de la France) on Netflix. A stylish sixties set spy spoof with a good dose of dry office humor – think BBCs The Hour mixed with OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies/ OSS 117: Lost In Rio.

It really play out like a well written period drama, with issues regarding the Cold War, the Algerian War of Independence and the struggles with France as a colonial force, as well as WW2 – with the advantage of being a comedy. This makes it al the more fun to watch, as the characters can be allowed to be ludicrously exaggerated. A bit surprisingly, the season get a bit darker towards the end as well, which allows the series to stay fresh.

A second season has been confirmed. Will be looking forward to that!
  • Santa Clarita Diet
    Did you get any further? I watched the whole thing and let me tell you: it gets INSANE.
    I laughed out loud quite a bit watching this and I hope season 2 isn't far away.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 5,821
    The latest episode of Death in Paradise.
    Goodbye, DI Goodman. You'll be missed. Thankfully, your departure was better than DI Poole's.

And also Elena and the Secret of Avalor. Not bad, as far as pilots go. But something tells me that the villain will be back.
    Death in Paradise, so far one of the great entertaining shows on the BBC
    edited February 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Episode 3 of Riverdale. Betty went cray cray and it was sexy in a psychotic way. This show has really surprised me at how good it is.
    NCIS, the last episode of the thirteenth series. Yes I know, we're quite behind in France.
    Farewell, Anthony Di Nozzo, and good luck with parenthood.

Next week, Elementary is back. M6 had stopped the airings earlier last year, so we're getting episodes 7 and 8 next friday. The networks indeed move in mysterious ways.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Santa Clarita Diet
    Did you get any further? I watched the whole thing and let me tell you: it gets INSANE.
    I laughed out loud quite a bit watching this and I hope season 2 isn't far away.

Yes. I'm actually on the last two episodes. It's a bit better towards the end so far. I'm just not as into it as much as I would like to be. I like Timothy Olyphant, Drew Barrymore, and zombies but this show just isn't doing that much for me. Still good enough to finish though.

Homeland season 4 - after the great three seasons I really want to know more, so far a good atmospheric look at the Asian war theater with an interesting story.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    i am watching X-Files season 2 and it struck me that Fox Mulder s sister is called Samantha. Is that a coincidence? Samantha/Fox.