Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I hear Gene Roddenberry was a Rosicrucian.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BondJasonBond006, very cool and thanks for the mention! I love the retro feel of some of those designs.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Good art Yesteryear Is an outstanding episode from the animated series, worthy of the original series.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Great stuff!
  • ab0b16a601a9578b03f6b8b2a00b935ce69c6037.jpg

Saw this photo on FB great shot, love how Shatner is fully in character
    La-la-land records put out this lovely 50th anniversary musical gift for Star Trek fans. It has a lot of stuff from TOS not included on the set they released in 2013. It has all of the music from The Animated series which is amazing. A real selling point for me. And various over music from TNG/DS9 and Voyager. A really collectors item for sure. Get it now.
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/StarTrek50TH.html
  • That looks good will see if it's available in UK @Murdock
  • http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/12/sonequa-martin-green-to-lead-star-trek-discovery/

latest?cb=20150306231357

Lead cast for Discovery, not really familiar with the actress?
    Look forward to seeing her in the uniform. :D
  • Nice looking girl she was in Walking Dead though I have only watched season 1, can't remember her in it to be honest.
    My Star Trek Rankings, as the 50th anniversary year of Trek closes:

SERIES

6: Enterprise

Yeaaaaah, we all know why this is here.

5: The Animated Series

4: Voyager

This would be one higher if it weren't for the fact that A: this show has Chakotay and Kes and B: the best character on Voyager doesn't arrive until season 4. Janeway is fantastic.

3: The Original Series

If this was only the first season it would be at the top automatically. My God, what a first season. What a revolution and revelation alike. But the second is a drop and the third is abysmal.

2: Deep Space Nine

God, Sisko is just amazing. And Odo. And Kira. And hey, the Ferengi are actually cool now. And Worf comes on board part way through! And the Dominion War happens! And this show has "The Visitor". And did I mention yet that Sisko is God?

1: The Next Generation

But of course, it comes down to this. It always comes down to this. The first season's problems aside... this IS Star Trek. And for better or worse, TNG never had any issue making sure you knew that. Picard is the best TNG character ever, but it has also occurred to me during this rewatch that Riker is fucking brilliant. I've always liked him a lot but it's only recently I've realized that Jonathan Frakes could've gotten his own show and carried it. Oh and then there's Data, and Data is the best. Fitting that the last episode I watched was "The Measure of a Man." Geordi? Awesome. He's just terrific. Troi? They had to figure out how to use her, but awesome. Crusher? Probably the weak link. And I mean Beverly, not Wesley. I like Gates McFadden but she just didn't get a lot to do. Wesley gets way too much undeserved hate and that's all I'm gonna say about it. I like Wesley once he acquires the blue garb later in the first season, and he just gets better as TNG goes on. Worf, like Sisko, is God. TNG also contains seasons 3-6 of TNG which pretty much seals the deal automatically.

FILMS

13: The Final Frontier

Yeah, the worst by a mile. "Give me a hug, God!"

12: Nemesis

No-mesis, is more like it.

11: Into Darkness

Nope.

10: The No-Motion Picture

Huh? What happened? I fell asleep.

9: Insurrection

Whoops. I fell asleep again.

8: Generations

Yeah, you know, I didn't totally hate this one this time! Actually Generations is really enterta-OH MY GOD THIS IS THE ONE WHERE THEY KILL KIRK WITH A BRIDGE! SCREW THIS MOVIE!

7: The Search for Spock

Big jump in quality... AFTER, this one.

6: The Voyage Home

Dolphins + Star Trek sounds like a terrible idea, but I promise you it is the best idea.

5: Star Trek

The Treknaissance! Thank you, J.J.

4: The Undiscovered Country

Christopher Plummer and William Shatner on screen together. I'll let you distill that to whatever you like, but acting duos don't get much better than that.

3: Beyond

I'm still recovering from how fantastic this was.

2: The Wrath of Khan

I won't bother telling you why I put this one so high because we all know why it's here. Instead, I'll...

1: First Contact

...explain why this one is above it. Listen. Nothing is wrong with The Wrath of Khan. Like... NOTHING. But this? This is just... this IS Star Trek. The Moby Dick scene. The battle against the Borg Cube. Every second of Alfre Woodard's screentime. The first warp flight. Data pretending to be assimilated. Alfre Woodard, the love of my life. James Cromwell! Oh hey, Alfre Woodard's in this movie! The new Enterprise and all of its' beauty. The thrilling spacewalk scene. Oh and my future wife Alfre Woodard is in this movie. It's just the greatest.

CAPTAINS/COMMANDERS

5: Archer. He's fine, but compared to the excellence above, he has to be here.
    4: Janeway. The first female lead also has the distinction for me of being the only lead who is not my absolute favourite character of their show (that title goes to Seven of Nine for me).
    3: Kirk! James! T! Kirk! I love Shatner, and Kirk. Sisko just kinda blows me away so much that I have to put him above.
    2: Sisko!!!! He punched Q!
    1: And of course... JEAN-LUC PICARD! The TV hero of my childhood. Enough said.

TNG CREW (for fun)

1: Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    2: First Officer William T. Riker
    3: Lieutenant Commander Data
    4: Lieutenant Worf
    5: Head of Engineering Geordi LaForge
    6: Transporter Chief Miles O'Brien
    7: Helmsman Wesley Crusher
    8: Counselor Deanna Troi
    9: Chief Medical Officer Beverley Crusher
    10: Any Redshirt
    11: Lieutenant Tasha Yar
    12: Mordok's cousin/genetic line person/relative? who is working on the Enterprise as part of a crew transfer in the episode "A Matter of Honor"
    13: Q during a time where he took control of the bridge
    14: Guinan, and she was only the bartender in Ten-Forward!
    15: The 21st century person who was revived from cryostasis and angrily shouted a suggestion to Picard after barging onto the bridge in the episode "The Neutral Zone"
    16: Doctor Kate Pulaski
    http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/01/hemsworth-abrams-has-an-amazing-pitch-for-star-trek-4/

Glad to see some confirmation, I have a few ideas how George Kirk could return.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/01/sunday-star-trek-news-roundup/

DS9: WHAT WE LEFT BEHIND is expected to debut from 455 Films – the same production team behind Chaos on the Bridge and For the Love of Spock – this year, and documentary producer Adam Nimoy released the following information via email in December.

First I have heard of DS9 documentary, Chaos on the Bridge and For the Love of Spock were excellent.
    That's some lovely bit of news. I can't wait to see more of Discovery! :D
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Me too hope it's a great year for Trek, Trek is alive and well can't wait for Discovery.

Edited...

Star Trek Into Darkness 4K Ultra HD version will be in full IMAX presentation, I need to have this.

STID_IMAXFrame3_02161819_0.jpg
    That screencap is beautiful.
    Murdock wrote: »
    That screencap is beautiful.

My Tablet is 1080p so can't fully appreciate it, it's the screen expansion I am excited for its going to look amazing.
    16251749_1100181693421309_1675164293152847367_o.jpg?oh=495faaee72d4534307985cf616992f43&oe=59048F76

New Enterprise models due out this year...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    16251749_1100181693421309_1675164293152847367_o.jpg?oh=495faaee72d4534307985cf616992f43&oe=59048F76

New Enterprise models due out this year...
    From Diamond Select-?
    Eaglemoss.
    That's a work of art. I'd love to have that.
    It's cheaper than I expected, I am tempted to purchase one of the Enterprises.
    Speaking of the Enterprise, I just took this photo of my Micro Machine Enterprise.
    hCFI5fMh.jpg
    @Murdock that's pretty cool
    Thanks! @fire_and_ice! :-bd
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_YrcP-7mo_4qpO67DwicferWOJcUvZag65oGj4kDXSuR93teO

New Dvd boxset U.S.A. release is this month... Wish it was Bluray
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.treknews.net/2017/02/02/why-ds9-voyager-not-on-blu-ray-hd/

Interesting read illustrating how TV down graded many superior film prints to be presented in that format, did not realise the full extent of what it took to bring TNG into the 21St century. Very unlikely DS9 or Voyager will get the same treatment dam shame.