SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

It's time we got this thread back on track:

Here are some interesting facts and some informed predictions:

- Daniel Craig is in London now, Bond 24 is deep into pre-production now and he is likely stunt training.

- Sam Mendes begun filming SF during the first week of November but prior to filming commencing he made sure the budget and schedule permitted him 2 weeks of rehearsals. This is something he does on all his films and likely will do on Bond 24, this means that we are 2 weeks away from the start of rehearsals. So news should break sometime before then.
    http://whatculture.com/film/john-logan-hints-that-blofeld-is-bond-23-villain.php
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2054492/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-For-eyes--Sam-Mendes-shakes-Bond-cast-secret.html

- Baz Bamigboye releases new articles on Thursday nights around 11pm-ish. Considering how dangerously close we are to filming and the lack of news thus far, I predict that we will get some some news tonight from Baz. Stay tuned.

Well if that is the case? Roll on breakfast time!
    here is hoping
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,588
    Just to say that contrary to some comments, Austria probably won't be the main location of the movie. It is confirmed that the production in the country will take place from early January to late February, but if you remember, the production of Skyfall took 3 months in Turkey, and the country was only featured for 15 minutes in the movie.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    Baz Bamigboye has released two articles this evening, sadly no Bond related news to report.

jake24 wrote: »
    Just to say that contrary to some comments, Austria probably won't be the main location of the movie. It is confirmed that the production in the country will take place from early January to late February, but if you remember, the production of Skyfall took 3 months in Turkey, and the country was only featured for 15 minutes in the movie.

They were not filming for 3 months in Turkey but they will be filming for a month in Austria.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,588
    An article released yesterday about Aston Martin's future quoted former chairman David Richards as saying that there will be a new product next year that they can't talk about yet. It can't be the new DB, as that's being unveiled in 2016. So Bond's car in Bond 24 won't be any pre-existing models.
    jake24 wrote: »
    An article released yesterday about Aston Martin's future quoted former chairman David Richards as saying that there will be a new product next year that they can't talk about yet. It can't be the new DB, as that's being unveiled in 2016. So Bond's car in Bond 24 won't be any pre-existing models.

Not exactly. The new DB will be production year 2016, which means a reveal next year is definite. Bond's car either way will not be a pre-existing model.

Do you have a link?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I never believed he was involved anyway, however, I generally never take an actor's denial of involvement as face value because they lie all the time. The most recent example of this was Lea. She denied her involvement and I flat out didn't believe her but Strong, however, I'm confident tge man is not involved.
    Never thought Mark Strong was a serious rumour. I can understand somewhat Ejiofor and Elba being considered for the same character, and I say somewhat.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I never believed he was involved anyway, however, I generally never take an actor's denial of involvement as face value because they lie all the time. The most recent example of this was Lea. She denied her involvement and I flat out didn't believe her but Strong, however, I'm confident tge man is not involved.

Also Naomi Harris denied being Moneypenny.
    There's a difference here though: Strong did not only denied it, he also gave an explanation to the source of the rumour.

I still think she thought this to be true. I am absolutely convinced, that her being Moneypenny at the end of SF is just the result of another Mendes " I wish we had " ( just like the Goldfinger DB5).
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    no I disagree I believe that was the hook that Morgan was talking about in the spec script
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

I still think she thought this to be true. I am absolutely convinced, that her being Moneypenny at the end of SF is just the result of another Mendes " I wish we had " ( just like the Goldfinger DB5).

That sounds rather lackluster. I think it was the perfect introduction of the character. Moreover, ONE director had to think at one certain point how to bring back characters like Q and Moneypenny's in a joyous, more elaborate way.....ever since the 2nd Bond timeliness was created (1st timeline, 1962 - 2002; 2nd timeline, 2006 - now).

Also, if you have criticism about how Moneypenny was introduced.......then how would you have done it?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    no I disagree I believe that was the hook that Morgan was talking about in the spec script

The hook was the death of M.

That sounds rather lackluster. I think it was the perfect introduction of the character. Moreover, ONE director had to think at one certain point how to bring back characters like Q and Moneypenny's in a joyous, more elaborate way.....ever since the 2nd Bond timeliness was created (1st timeline, 1962 - 2002; 2nd timeline, 2006 - now).

Also, if you have criticism about how Moneypenny was introduced.......then how would you have done it?

Actually I wouldn't have minded her just sitting behind her desk,right where she belongs, having a little bantering with that Bond fellow. BUT I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT HAVE IMPLIED,THAT BOND SCREWED HER IN SHANGHAI ( let alone his sophisticated move trying to grab her tits!). This scene to me is the biggest hint,that it wasn't written in the original script to make her MP (apart from the terribly forced dialogue at the office). As I said, just another "hey why don't we" 'stroke of genius' by Mr Mendes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yes, they lie all the time, so this really confirms Strong as the next villain. :-?

Morgan and Craig mentioned more than one hook

I should have said one if the hooks.

Yes, they lie all the time, so this really confirms Strong as the next villain. :-?

Hence my idea to cast Mark Strong as a Felix Leiter-esque operative. Not someone from the CIA, but someone from, let's say, Europol :-):
    My news item would look more like this:

-- The title is officially "THE DAME FROM CASABLANCA".
    -- Confirmed cast: Daniel Craig, Tilda Swinton, Dave Bautista, Marion Cotillard, Lea Séydoux, Naomie Harris, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Wishaw, Albert Finney, Mark Strong
    -- We get a big leading female villain for the first time since Klebb/Grant. Not a good girl turned bad....
    -- Oscar winning actress TILDA SWINTON will play that female villain (she will train/work heavily with Dave Bautista).
    -- MICHAEL G. WILSON: "Swinton/Bautista are the antagonists with largest amount of screen time, but are not the driving force of the villain's scheme...We had to cast a "special" appearance for that...." :-O.
    -- Another larger Bond-girl role will be played by MARION COTILLARD (another Oscar winner, she will have a lesbian love connection with Tilda Swinton).
    -- LEA SEYDOUX and DAVE BAUTISTA are now confirmed.
    -- Filming wil for the most part (60%) take place in Austria.
    -- MARK STRONG will play a French agent from Europol, a "Felix Leiter-esque role"
    -- A combination of skiing and the incredibly dangerous art of "freeskiing" will be used as stunt, and will be filmed by both 1st unit Mendes/van Hoytema on IMAX and 2nd unit who will use new GoPro-IMAX camera equipment.
    -- Car chase will be the longest in the franchise: For a full 8 min's, set in Rome.
    -- Bond will visit for the first time in his life Vesper's grave, near Buckinghamshire.
    -- In that scene, part of PTS, ALBERT FINNEY will have a cameo as Kincade.
    -- THOMAS NEWMAN will team up entirely with ALISON GOLDFRAPP: For both the score and the theme song.

Well by jolly.....if onlyyyyy the above could be real news :-P.........
    I think it is very unlikely that Mark Strong is the next villain or that he will be in the movie at all.

Do you really think the reintroduction of two characters as old as the whole franchise is something a writer really brags about?
  • You know, the more that I think about it, the more I think Mark Strong actually will be in Bond 24 in...
    a meaningless cameo à la Michael G. Wilson when he happens by the shoot to pal around with Craig. Calling it now: Mark Strong, Bond 24, cameo.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    You know, the more that I think about it, the more I think Mark Strong actually will be in Bond 24 in...
    a meaningless cameo à la Michael G. Wilson when he happens by the shoot to pal around with Craig. Calling it now: Mark Strong, Bond 24, cameo.

Might be, I wouldn't be surprised :-))

Do you really think the reintroduction of two characters as old as the whole franchise is something a writer really brags about?

I do when I read interviews and watch talk shows. Are you always this insulting? (I truly had to censor my response btw).

I do when I read interviews and watch talk shows. Are you always this insulting? (I truly had to censor my response btw).

Sadly, a forum works like this on many occasions :-(. Just think like this: How would he be if you skype with him right now? With camera and microphone on........

Are you always this insulting? (I truly had to censor my response btw).

Parden? I was merely asking a question ( against my true self in a non sarcastic style ) and you judge this as insulting? These political correct times certainly ain't mine!

Parden? I was merely asking a question ( against my true self in a non sarcastic style ) and you judge this as insulting? These political correct times certainly ain't mine!

Everyone needs to switch the pc off.

Join Islamic State B-)

Join Islamic State B-)

Daniel Craig IS James Bond in FROM IS WITH... er...