New members - introduce yourself

MI6MI6 Administrator
edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 677
Welcome to MI6 Community - please use this topic to introduce yourself, swap a bit of basic personal details and ask us for help if you need it!

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Not quite new, but would like to welcome all below. Quite nifty, this place.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Howdie sir! Time to read the nice new rules ;)
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Hey there MP. Welcome aboard. :)
  • This is the new board? :S Please say the old posts and threads are being transferred!
    I assume that's what Luds was referring to on the last post on the Update thread (before the old forum got shut down).
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Quoting TheWhiteTuxedo: This is the new board? :S Please say the old posts and threads are being transferred!
    Sorry brohim, I can't ;)
    I think we may have a Read Only archive but I'm not certain.
  • Are they? I have a whole movie list of what I watched this year that I intend to update. But it's only on MI6.
    So. MI6 has been facebookized.
    edited March 2011 Posts: 8,000
    I hope it's archived! Too many threads/posts to list that shouldn't be lost!

EDIT: Also, how do you deleted posts? XD
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 70
    I need that damn list! I thought they meant save Private Messages. I was told to save messages. I didn't read it as posts. I always thought they've just lift the thing over to a new place. We have long-running discussions and so forth.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    It's the opportunity to rebuild a new community though, that's pretty cool.
  • Another thing. We can only edit a post for 24 hours?
  • @Luds But are we gonna get those old posts?
    Still, so much left behind. A huge part of the past 9 years is now lost. What a shame.
    In a relationship.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Yeah it's too bad, the DB was massive, couldn't be converted
  • Oh God. I don't want to start bitching right off the bat, but I have an awful feeling about this development.
  • Well, how can I get that list? Is there a way? I need that damn list!
    I'm waiting for Lazenby to post a theory about how this new facebook-esque format is designed to appeal to the so called "LOLZORZ generation". ;)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting TheWhiteTuxedo: Oh God. I don't want to start bitching right off the bat, but I have an awful feeling about this development.
    Think positive: Full fledge custom avatars on! (Still no copyright policy though)

• SirHilaryBrayOBESirHilaryBrayOBE Chez Hilly, Portsmouth
    edited March 2011 Posts: 66
    Well, I don't know. Got to get used to it I suppose.
  • Luds, please tell me I can get that list. Nobody told me the DB would be nuked! That was totally unclear!!!

GFD it!
  • Well. Wish we had been told about this. This is Moore. For some reason I can't access my old username. That leaves me slightly annoyed. Anything the mod's can do about that for me?

If I had known this was being deleted I would have access and saved all the old MI6 Fan Fiction Interviews which are now lost.

Shame we were not informed. At least I did not see anything about it. Lot of hard work into that. I appreciate the move and the change, but a heads up would have been a general courtesy.

Indeed Sir Hilary. Also is the forum format not able to have space in usernames? My own, Tux and Sir Hilary's no longer have spaces between.
  • I agree. I'm heartbroken if I lost that list. If I don't get it back I may quit the site. I don't like this.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting MakeshiftPython: Indeed Sir Hilary. Also is the forum format not able to have space in usernames? My own, Tux and Sir Hilary's no longer have spaces between.
    Correct
    Quoting TheRealMoore: Well. Wish we had been told about this. This is Moore. For some reason I can't access my old username. That leaves me slightly annoyed. Anything the mod's can do about that for me?
    Could it be that you've used a different email on MI6forums?
  • The name I can live with. I just want that list of films I've seen this year. That was a project that I had worked on.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4
    Okay, this is bs. Looks like Twitter or some giant Facebook set-up. Or the imdb boards. Character limit on posts? Lol. See ya round.

Edit by Luds: Let's not be vulgar lads ;)
  • Well, this is... different.

Guess I'd qualify as new then? ;)
  • I'm with Tux on this. I don't mind the change. That's cool, whatever. But I wish we could have been told what to expect and recover what we needed.