"Just cutting off your earlobes doesn't make you a count." Your Bond 23 Title

1234568»

Comments

• edited September 2011 Posts: 1,894
    interestingthat goes with my idea that the leader of quantum is so terrifying so creepy that people would rather die then say his name.
    I know Ralph Fiennes is being considered for BOND 23, but I doubt he'll be playing Lord Voldemort in the film ...
    interestingthat goes with my idea that the leader of quantum is so terrifying so creepy that people would rather die then say his name.
    I know Ralph Fiennes is being considered for BOND 23, but I doubt he'll be playing Lord Voldemort in the film ...
    i never saw the lord of the rings i was thinking more Keyser Soze.

Voldemort isn't in THE LORD OF THE RINGS. He's in the Harry Potter films, where he was played by Ralph Fiennes. He was known as "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" or "You-Know-Who", a dark wizard who committed such unspeakable acts that the general wizarding population refused to name him. Only a handful of people were actually willing to use his name. By the seventh book (and film) and Voldemort's insurrection, his name became taboo, and anyone who used it - even his followers - was captured and usually killed.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 9,779
    ok let me rephrase that I never saw the lord of the rings Harry potter or several other series because they don't interest me.

and I again reiterate I meant for it to be like Keyser Soze
    'James Bond 007: Operation Omega Seasmaster 300M'

'The Property of Lady - Brought to you by the Ford Motor Company and Sony'
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 886
    'Vauxhall Central'
    'London Calling'
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    London Calling (!)

Now that's actually not too bad (or too bad it has already been used musically in DAD).
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,894
    I'm a little shocked that, upon hearing the phrase 'London Calling', you associate it with DIE ANOTHER DAY and not one of the single greatest albums ever made. Somehwere, Joe Strummer and Mick Jones are rolling in their graves.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 4,312
    Let them roll (well, Strummer can, Jones is still lucky), they would be pleased their song still gets so much attention.
    As for a title, "London Calling" invokes a lot of Bond associations in me, i.e. Bond is called back from the "field" by M or the "office" because he is needed. Bond is essentially British, and which other capital would better represent what he is than London?
    Good title for a Bond movie, even better title from the Clash.
  • SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
    killing for a living , death on the moon, fake names never change, flamingo
  • SexpionageSexpionage Suspended
    Shadows of Ourselves,

The Hong Kong Triad

non-negotiable

Exit 13

The Oscillator

Symphony of the poor
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    After hearing "The Property of a Lady" so much, I actually like it. Just drop the 'THE' part and it would sound good. Property of a Lady
    How about "Another properly dead lady the other day" ;-)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    :-))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Here's one I've had stored away for ages: 'YOU ONLY LIVE AND LET DIE ANOTHER DAY- TWICE'.

Wait- that sounds familiar. How about 'KILL. BOND. NOW!'

Back in the mid 90's I wrote two Bond stories (which admittedly were crap) titled 'NEVER SAY DIE' and 'ONCE AND FOR ALL' with the villain at some point saying, "...and now it's time to kill you, Mr. Bond- once and for all!" Pretty generic, huh. Oh, well- I was fourteen at the time.

But, seriously- 'DEATH TO THE SPY' (from 'Death to Spies'- Smiert Spionam). Only thing is it doesn't roll off the tongue.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 5,745
    I came accross a note from Fleming to his publisher suggesting titles, with variations of "Moonraker" crossed out and the final title "Moonraker" circled.

Other titles on the page include:
    "THE INFERNAL MACHINE"
    "WIDE OF THE MARK"
    "THE INHUMAN ELEMENT"

I quite like the first two:

THE INFERNAL MACHINE
    and
    WIDE OF THE MARK

as titles.

I also noticed "Telephone: Terminus" at the bottom of the letter.

I quite like Terminus to be a title/in a title at some point, as well.

Terminus- The final point; the end. An end point on a transportation line or the town in which it is located. A boundary or border.

I quite like "Read & Burn" as well, though it is a bit odd. It comes from another Fleming letter, where he asks his secretary to read a rough draft of CR and "burn" it. MI6 claims he was shameful of it :P

MOAR:

DEATH WAITS FOR ONE (tad cliche)

THOROUGHFARE TERMINUS (Fancy for The Path's End, or End of The Road/Line)

FOR WHAT ONE IS (shortcut of "know one for what one is")

AUTHORITY OF KNOWLEDGE (meh)

FROM HAND TO MOUTH (shortcut of to live from hand to mouth, or to take as one needs)

COLD WINTER IN HADES (pronounced hayd-zz, not hayd-ees)
    or
    WINTER OF HADES
    (maybe just used as a line where the baddie says "when hell freezes over" Bond replies after whatever action takes place "must be a cold winter in hades!")

WORN WELCOME (play of word to "warm welcome", as in wear out ones welcome)

Oh geez, I'm addicted!
    If we're going with working titles from the novels, I don't think you can go past THE BELLES OF HELL (original title for OHMSS), or THE ROUGH WITH THE SMOOTH (original title for FYEO shorts) and quite possibly TLD's original name, TRIGGER FINGER.
    This Thread will return 2012....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just thought of this. How about Skyfall guys?? :-))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Cue all the, who do you want as the Bond girl, villain, ect. in Bond 24 threads soon...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Cue all the, who do you want as the Bond girl, villain, ect. in Bond 24 threads soon...
    Saddest part of being on this site...

Mods close it
    Bond 24 should be the eye that never sleeps I'll repost this in 1 year assuming I don't change my mind.
    Bond 24 should be the eye that never sleeps I'll repost this in 1 year assuming I don't change my mind.
    Me likes.

Save it!
    its a Fleming chapter title and I like it.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sadly, the time has come to say goodbye......closed
This discussion has been closed.