No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    So, my understanding is that there will be more filming tomorrow on the Atlantic Road, correct?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,272
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    So, my understanding is that there will be more filming tomorrow on the Atlantic Road, correct?

Yes. They'll continue the filming tomorrow after having to shut down filming for the day because of press and curious people getting in the way.

Line producer for Truenorth, Per Henry Borch, says that the film shoot that’s currently taking place on the Atlantic Road have got additional challenges due to onlookers and press. People standing on shore looking (at the film shoot) appear in the shots filmed by helicopter.

https://www.nrk.no/mr/lager-problemer-for-filminnspilling-1.14577806
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Love the car. However this area is used, it will look amazing.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I hope it makes sense, narrative wise. Daniel Craig will have driven how many different Aston Martins? Four? The DB5, the DBS, the DB10 and the Vantage. Two of them, classics from my two favourite Bonds, Connery and Dalton. Brilliant!

BTW, can you imagine if we had seen a white Lotus Esprit S1 today driving through that road? Total meltdown, a nuclear one. Fans going hysterical ;)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Seems to me the presence of the Aston Martin Vantage indicates the first use of a thrilling plot element in this Bond film.
    Time travel.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Seems to me the presence of the Aston Martin Vantage indicates the first use of a thrilling plot element in this Bond film.
    Time travel.
    Or Code Name Theory Confirmed? :O
    Time travel.

Finally, the James Bond/Doctor Who I've been waiting for ;) Besides, that would trump the code name theory all the way. BOND IS A TIMELORD, on his 6th regeneration.

83339764.jpg
    thenameswho.JPG

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Yes. They'll continue the filming tomorrow after having to shut down filming for the day because of press and curious people getting in the way.

Line producer for Truenorth, Per Henry Borch, says that the film shoot that’s currently taking place on the Atlantic Road have got additional challenges due to onlookers and press. People standing on shore looking (at the film shoot) appear in the shots filmed by helicopter.

Thanks for the clarification. What day is filming supposed to last until?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 163
    Indeed, there seem to be two vintage Aston Martins on location, oddly enough, they don’t seem to be the same color.

9285-C50-C-935-D-4391-A567-9236-F665-D547.jpg

They might not be the same model either. The one that has been highly photographed yesterday is indeed the V8 Vantage Volante used in The Living Daylights, the one with four round headlights.

However, the Aston Martin that can be seen more clearly in the picture above seems to be the DBS used in OHMSS — look at the rectangle headlights with the orange colored signal lights on the margins. Interestingly enough, Aston Martin just launched a limited edition 2019 DBS that pays tribute to that model.

ohmss-aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-101-1558106098.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*

As for the color difference...

6-F1-EB6-C1-A269-4-DBC-A9-A7-BE800-C4-A196-D.jpg

• PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Nearly 3 weeks to shoot gunfire scenes - quite a lot. Interesting that they are all will be at night and in the forest. Seems like we can get one of tonally darkest films about Bond to date. I really like night scenes in action-thrillers and I hope it will be very atmospheric.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Feels like Cary is having a blast. So glad we've broken the tedious ban on American directors and might finally have someone on board who gets Bond.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,272

Thanks for the clarification. What day is filming supposed to last until?

The Atlantic Road will be closed for filming (with periods of convoy driving) until midnight Saturday, according to the Public Roads Administration's traffic announcement page. Previous media reports mention that the helicopter company involved with the filming have got permits to close the airspace in the area until next Friday (the 14th).

Edit: the Public Roads Administration's traffic announcement page is quite easy to navigate. For those interested in getting the latest, follow the link below, type "Atlanterhavsvegen" in the search field, zoom out a bit on the map, and push the icon on the road marked "KOLONNE". It's probably unlikely that the information will change, but you never know.

https://www.vegvesen.no/trafikkbeta
    Interesting about the shooting in Black Park - it resembles the Norwegian cabin set in some ways: old mixed forest, flat to rolling terrain, freshwater lakes. . .

It really is going to be a interesting bit of detective work stitching together the plot of this thing based on what we've seen!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    If you check Lashana Lynch’s Instagram, you’ll see that she was posting stories at around 1:00-4:00am this morning.

They were mostly screengrabs of the music she was listening to between takes. Which means Nomi was involved in the gunfire.

check it out for yourself:
    https://www.instagram.com/lashanalynch/

Here is a photo of Lashana's most recent look. Do we think she will be rocking the short hair in the film?
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 163
    Indeed, there seem to be two vintage Aston Martins on location, oddly enough, they don’t seem to be the same color.

9285-C50-C-935-D-4391-A567-9236-F665-D547.jpg

They might not be the same model either. The one that has been highly photographed yesterday is indeed the V8 Vantage Volante used in The Living Daylights, the one with four round headlights.

However, the Aston Martin that can be seen more clearly in the picture above seems to be the DBS used in OHMSS — look at the rectangle headlights with the orange colored signal lights on the margins. Interestingly enough, Aston Martin just launched a limited edition 2019 DBS that pays tribute to that model.

ohmss-aston-martin-dbs-superleggera-101-1558106098.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=480:*

As for the color difference...

6-F1-EB6-C1-A269-4-DBC-A9-A7-BE800-C4-A196-D.jpg

Update: I enhanced the screenshot I posted earlier. Despite several photos of the Aston Martin Volante taken yesterday, I am now 90% certain that the 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty Secret Service is also on the set of Bond 25.

5066-C12-F-A168-4-B15-B131-C18209808-E6-E.jpg

Raising luminosity and saturation levels reveals an olive green shade that I have found in several photos of the DBS. You can now see the color difference between the two Astons more clearly.

While the Volante was easy to photograph yesterday, the DBS stayed “hidden” behind a truck, where no one seemed to spot it. As other members suggested, it is highly likely that the crew ran tests and used the Volante as a stand in for another car. That makes even more sense with the DBS, as they have very similar construction.

With Aston Martin starting their Bond 25 marketing campaign by paying a nod to this particular model, it is highly likely that the DBS and not the Volante will be featured in the new film.
    So which Bond girl dies?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Pedantics here, but a few people are calling the Vantage seen in these recent photos a 'Volante', which is the convertible.
    Pavlo wrote: »
    This is what it looked like when NRK drove past the base of the film production on the Atlantic Road Wednesday.
    https://www.nrk.no/mr/stor-produksjon--1.14577812

Several tents, lots of vans (mostly Hertz). At 00.10 you can just about see three SUV's (a couple of them same as these two) and the Aston.

Edit: By the way, does anyone know which country the SUV's number plate belongs to?

71151593.jpg?imageId=71151593&width=1024&height=615

What model of Land cruiser is on the photo? Seems like old Cruiser 100 or 105. If this is true and knowing that filmmakers are using Aston Martin V8 Vantage III then, I think, we can actually get some scenes from the past as two models are quite old and not developing now by its companies.
    It's a Land Cruiser Prado/Colorado J90 ('96-'02 model).
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    I think they are both the Aston Martin Voltane and it’s just the lighting. If the DBS is on set then it’s likely that the scene is probably an advert for Aston rather than a scene.

i suspect Bond will be using the gas-guzzling Voltane and the new MI6 agent will have the slightly more high-tech electric Aston Martin Rapide E. It would certainly provide a nice bit of contrast.

Meanwhile, a photo From pinewood Studios taken this morning shows the set still missing its frontage. Since we know they are filming night shoots currently, that makes sense.

MMqXaa5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I think they are both the Aston Martin Voltane and it’s just the lighting. If the DBS is on set then it’s likely that the scene is probably an advert for Aston rather than a scene.

Meanwhile, a photo From pinewood Studios taken this morning shows the set still missing its frontage. Since we know they are filming night shoots currently, that makes sense.

MMqXaa5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Maybe they film scenes in another place (in mentioned Black Park, for example). Pinewood has a lot of different infrastructure for filming.
    Well do they tight up the security in Norway ? Suprised to so no photo of today yet.
  • RossDinwiddyRossDinwiddy Brighton
    Only Hawkswood Films mention Black Park, I think that's simply speculation from them. The previous letter about the gunfire scenes to local residents said that the sequence would be shot on 'a large exterior set on the North Lot'.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 2,598
    Well, I just couldn’t help myself and watched the filming on the Norway road. “I’m weak”. I just couldn’t believe when I saw the V8 Vantage back in action. I have wanted this for so long. I absolutely adore this car. It’s my favourite out of all the Aston models and it adds so much class to The Living Daylights. I just can’t believe it. Since the early 90’s when I was a teenager and watched The Living Daylights over and over again, I always wished we’d see this car return in a Bond film. It never happened and nor did I ever think it would happen...but, my god, it actually has... I recognized it immediately from that you tube video. What an amazing surprise! I think that this is cooler than any of the contemporary Astons. I hope it will be Bond driving it. Maybe not... I wonder if it was the director’s decision to bring this car back. If so, I like his style. :)
    Just to be clear, the two Aston Martins on set are identical and are the V8 Vantage series 3 coupe without the vinyl sunroof the TLD's one had (and If I remember correctly, the Q branch model in TLD could also be made a cabriolet, and so, a volante, as seen at the safe house where Koskov is being held). Furthermore, the car on set is meant to be the very same car from TLD, licence plate and all. But with no vinyl sunroof on top.

If we wikipedia the thing, we can see the evolution of the machine in the 87 film. According to the article: "At the beginning of the film, the car is a V8 Volante (convertible). The car used in these scenes was a Volante owned by Aston Martin Lagonda chairman, Victor Gauntlett. Later, the car is fitted with a hardtop ("winterised") at Q Branch, and these scenes feature a pair of non-Vantage V8 saloons, fitted with the same number plate as the initial car, but with Vantage badges now fitted to match the previous Vantage".

I've been to the Bond exhibit last November and can personally attest that the car there has the sunroof. As seen on this picture.

13df1ee7b93ca8fc3638ae14d31afd10--aston-martin-v-find-cars.jpg

But the licence place is the same, so they're aiming to make the correlation between the two.

All and all, very interesting.

I do hope we don't get too many pics or vids today. Let them film, ffs. We've had our fun yesterday. Now let them get down to business and carry on.
    With you on that. We don’t want too many spoilers even if minor.
    Bounine wrote: »

And what irks me the most, was that they couldn't get the shot because of the people on the background filming like ants to a piece of cake.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Nearly 3 weeks to shoot gunfire scenes - quite a lot. Interesting that they are all will be at night and in the forest. Seems like we can get one of tonally darkest films about Bond to date. I really like night scenes in action-thrillers and I hope it will be very atmospheric.

I am reminded of The night watch level in The World is not enough for N64

Also still everything I see points to a classic bond adventure I swear we are getting a Fleming title and I would be shocked if it wound up being original
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I think you guys has missed out on this one:

A major set on the Pinewood backlot just below the 007-stage filmed from a drone. A complete street with buildings, green screens, etc. It looks like it could be downtown Port Antonio, Jamaica (although I can be wrong of course).

And since the production office has sent out letters to the neighborhood regarding filming 'gunfire shooting' at night I really think they meant filming outside on the backlot, on that set. Not inside on the stage.

The drone footage comes from Daily Mail's reporting on the 007-stage explosion/damages so it's fresh footage from last week.

https://dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7104473/Bond-25-thrown-chaos-stunt-goes-horribly-wrong-BLOWS-set.html?ico=embedded

Play the video and it shows up at time code 00:15-00:30. But if you wanna take screenshots you'll have to be fast at the beginning since the drone is flying towards the stage. It doesn't help either to freeze the frame since some idiot ad shows up covering the screen.

I've taken a screenshot (not the best quality) of the set and uploaded it to imgur but I can't embed it so someone please fix that in a new post. Maybe as a spoiler too.

https://imgur.com/etBHq5N

I don't think it's a spoiler, because we can't see anything happen on the set, IMO.

Stellar job, @Contraband. Yes, some of us knew what the "gunfire and action" set was at Pinewood. And some of us know that Daniel has been working there, at that set, in a particular scene. But as some find our sources to be "consistently wrong", some of us didn't find it to be in our best interest to expand on what we knew, which was as little as knowing what the set was, nothing more. The source for this in these forums has constantly been attacked when he/she/they bring fresh information. I, for one, appreciate the efforts from the internet crew, who roam the virtuality of twitter and such, and the efforts of the people behind the old fashioned clubs and forums, that have their own contacts in the industry. If only we could all get along, we'd have more fun, that's for sure. Instead of constantly attacking one another. I find value on both sides. Heck, it's all a single side, damn it.

That being said, nice job getting that screenshot, @Contraband. Cheers
    Univex wrote: »

And what irks me the most, was that they couldn't get the shot because of the people on the background filming like ants to a piece of cake.

I can't help but disagree. If they are that troublesome, the production should either take preliminary action to avoid or simply erase them using CGI.

I want set photos. It's all part of the fun of a Bond production.

The speeds that the car is travelling at suggests this is a chase sequence. So it looks like we may we getting an Aston action sequence in Norway was it not rumoured in Sassi Live that there would be a car chase in Matera. I guess that intel may be wrong in retrospect.

i am kinda pumped they picked TLD's car. it's a very niche easter egg. Usually the recent Bond films go for the low-hanging fruit when it comes to homages (Fields' death evoking Jill Masterson, Blofeld's cat in Spectre, M's office in SF, etc). The car from TLD feels akin to the underwater breather from TB turning up in DAD - a cool nod for the superfans out there.

The real question is whether the car comes equipped with all the gadgets from 1987....

tld-2.jpg

I can't help but disagree. If they are that troublesome, the production should either take preliminary action to avoid or simply erase them using CGI.

Do you know how costly that would be, @Pierce2Daniel? :)
    Why not just issue a warning, make people go away for a day or two, as they are doing today, and take the shot? Isn't that less expensive and troublesome.
    It's not like "hey, there's a starbucks mug in front of daenerys. Bah, we'll take it out later with cgi, man".
    These things are very, very expensive. Asking people to back off is not.
    echo wrote: »
    Really, really odd that they'd use that particular Aston Martin. How would it fit narrative wise. Any ideias?

Maybe this scene will be in the past?..

In the reboot universe, Kara did not exist. ;)

I think since they're bringing Madeleine Swann back, Kara should return as well.